Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir to charge customers €5.99 per month

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

It doesn't matter any more in my case, but on Thursday evening I could still log both of us into eir webmail, and by Friday morning we were both blocked by the payment (or not!) screen. Maybe it's just coincidence, but I wondered if it was something else (e.g. having the same surname - ours starts with J), or same IP/postal address). I can still access both accounts with Thunderbird, and they can still receive messages. I get an error when trying to reply or send a new message from our eircom addresses to gmail (mail.server sending the wrong greeting), but I might well have got some setting wrong while adding the eircom.net account in Thunderbird.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭leeside11

Can't access Eir webmails now so that's that it seems..

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

leeside11 wrote: »
    Can't access Eir webmails now so that's that it seems..

See post #502

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

I should add, I never got any emails at all about the changeover.

Strange thing. I joined telecom as it was then, many moons ago now.
    They had a sweetener which allowed you to add a bunch of addresses to your account.
    I settled for my wife.
    Last Saturday she failed to log on, which I assume to be due to the new regime.
    i can still log on to my account, no problem.
    I have failed to get through on 1901..
    As previously advised on these forums, I think she should get her gmail up and going.
    I suspect she has a bunch of mails she would like to hang on to, however
    If it's due to a computer glitch, I've been there before, forget it. At that time there was only one person who was allowed near the innards of their system, and he was away!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Happy days! (I wouldn't be surprised to hear that their refund cheques had to be signed by 3 people, one of whom was there for 2 hours every other Thursday, if they weren't on leave).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mine is inaccessible since this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

mine is looking for cash, but works on thunderbird.

Is there a way of forwarding all email to my gmail going forward, using thunderbird?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

mine is looking for cash, but works on thunderbird.

Is there a way of forwarding all email to my gmail going forward, using thunderbird?

If you don't pay the €5.99 a month your eircom email addres will be deleted after 60 days

You can use thunderbird and other email software for now but you wont receive or be able to send any emails once the 60 days are up as your eircom email address will be gone
    If you want to keep your eircom email address you have to pay the €5.99 a month

https://www.eir.ie/support/webmail/webmail-frequently-asked-questions-00001/
    What happens to my email address if I don’t sign up?
    We will hold your emails and email address for a further 60 days after you are locked out before permanently deleting all your emails and the email address. Please remember your login and passwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

I can still access mine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

what's a nice way to download all the emails and everything from an eircom account? Preferably in a way that it would be searchable. Want to get my parents moved onto something else but they'd need to be able to access the old messages for a long time

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

what's a nice way to download all the emails and everything from an eircom account? Preferably in a way that it would be searchable. Want to get my parents moved onto something else but they'd need to be able to access the old messages for a long time

Import them all to Gmail, if thats the replacement in your case - they will be stored and searchable there (the link to do it is a couple of pages back)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 NelsonsElbow

Eir are a joke, so many bad experiences with them, stay well away

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Moved over everything last night except sent messages, and can't get in today so did it just at the right time. Used that disabling javascript trick but they seem to have fixed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Has anyone signed up for this?

I am trying to login to my eir account and am not getting any link to paying for the service. I am resigned to paying for the webmail for a few months as I have a lot on my eircom account. However I dont seem to be able to sign up even by paying.

I tried the FAQ's and support several times but am getting no link to a page to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

dixiefly wrote: »
    Has anyone signed up for this?

I am trying to login to my eir account and am not getting any link to paying for the service. I am resigned to paying for the webmail for a few months as I have a lot on my eircom account. However I dont seem to be able to sign up even by paying.

I tried the FAQ's and support several times but am getting no link to a page to pay.

They may not have got around to you yet, but they probably will very soon. They seem to be contacting people gradually. Somebody I know was notified on Tuesday of last week, and at that stage I had not yet received anything. I then received the same notification on Friday. These messages said that we were contacted earlier this year and that there was also 30 and 60 days notice earlier this year. These were the first times they informed either of us. Fortunately for us we had already changed email addresses anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭NutmegGirl

I only got an email 2 days ago asking me to pay so they’re obviously doing them in batches
    Prob need to wait for the email with the link

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Dear eircom.net user,
    Earlier this year we contacted you to inform you of the introduction of a €5.99 monthly subscription for the use of eircom.net webmail. This monthly subscription commenced on the 1st of July 2020 and is now available for you to sign up to.

To sign up, go to eir.ie/email, enter your login details (email address and password) and select “login to webmail”. Once you login you will be redirected to the eir webmail payment page, enter your payment details and complete the sign up journey.
    Once you sign up you will have access to your new webmail account and will be able to send and receive emails as normal, it may take up to 24 hours for your old emails to migrate across to your new account. No changes will be required within your email client unless you change your email password.

Please be aware that if you do not sign up, you will stop receiving emails over the next couple of days. If you no longer wish to use your webmail account, then no action is required.

You have 60 days to sign up to the new service from the 17th of July 2020 before your email address, account and its data is permanently removed, this step is not reversible once complete.

For more information please visit eir.ie/support/webmail/webmail-frequently-asked-questions This notice is on top of the 30 and 60 days notice provided earlier this year.

I got this reminder a few days ago

NutmegGirl wrote: »
    I only got an email 2 days ago asking me to pay so they’re obviously doing them in batches
    Prob need to wait for the email with the link

Thanks. My problem is - I seem to have been cut off so havent got any recent emails.

Dear eircom.net user,
    Earlier this year we contacted you to inform you of the introduction of a €5.99 monthly subscription for the use of eircom.net webmail. This monthly subscription commenced on the 1st of July 2020 and is now available for you to sign up to.

To sign up, go to eir.ie/email, enter your login details (email address and password) and select “login to webmail”. Once you login you will be redirected to the eir webmail payment page, enter your payment details and complete the sign up journey.

I got this reminder a few days ago

The FAQ's don't show give you a link to sign up - well not that i can see anyway.

When I put in my username and password I don't get the option to pay - just get an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 vinby

They have been sending these emails over the last few days:

"Dear eircom.net user,

Once you sign up you will have access to your new webmail account and will be able to send and receive emails as normal, it may take up to 24 hours for your old emails to migrate across to your new account. No changes will be required within your email client unless you change your email password.

Please be aware that if you do not sign up, you will stop receiving emails over the next couple of days. If you no longer wish to use your webmail account, then no action is required.

You have 60 days to sign up to the new service from the 17th of July 2020 before your email address, account and its data is permanently removed, this step is not reversible once complete.

For more information please visit eir.ie/support/webmail/webmail-frequently-asked-questions This notice is on top of the 30 and 60 days notice provided earlier this year."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

The FAQ's don't show give you a link to sign up - well not that i can see anyway.

When I put in my username and password I don't get the option to pay - just get an error.

It works on my PC. I can log in and go to payment page no problem .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭paulboland

Try using different web browsers to login to Eir webmail website on a laptop or desktop computer

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭numbnutz

I'm having exactly the same problem with my wifes email account...login error...
    Surely a landing page for existing customers with links to continue using the service should have been the way forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 vinby

There appears to be a problem OK. It works for some email addresses, but not for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Folks

For those who have signed up is there any difference in the set up or is it the same as before. Are there also any additional benefits offered/available to users? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

cunnijo wrote: »
    Folks

For those who have signed up is there any difference in the set up or is it the same as before. Are there also any additional benefits offered/available to users? Thanks.

Seems to load faster. But I'll be dropping it as soon as I sort through 26k of emails

• Registered Users Posts: 18 de Ville

Is it direct debit or credit card payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Kalimah

de Ville wrote: »
    Is it direct debit or credit card payment?

Linked to a credit or debit card. I've signed up until I get all my stuff in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Brian2011

Eir Webmail is no longer working for me, I am redirected to a page to sign up when signing in to webmail. I thought we had 2 months from 1st July in which to pay??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

Brian2011 wrote: »
    Eir Webmail is no longer working for me, I am redirected to a page to sign up when signing in to webmail. I thought we had 2 months from 1st July in which to pay??

No, it is two months before your emails will be deleted permanently.
    You will have to pay now if you need access. You can just pay for one month. You won't be locked into a long term contract.
    There were supposed to have been advance notice emails earlier this year, but I didn't get any.

Advertisement