Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

personal alarm

Options
  • 04-02-2020 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    My parents are getting a little older now and I would like to have panic/emergency alarm button type device that they could wear and if the button was pressed it would call me or/and my sister. There are a few on Amazon but is there a particular manufacturer or brand or device I should be looking for?
    Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi,
    My parents are getting a little older now and I would like to have panic/emergency alarm button type device that they could wear and if the button was pressed it would call me or/and my sister. There are a few on Amazon but is there a particular manufacturer or brand or device I should be looking for?
    Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks

Visonic use to have one call amber care but cant find a link to it.
    Have they an alarm system in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭studdlymurphy

altor wrote:
    Visonic use to have one call amber care but cant find a link to it. Have they an alarm system in place?

Thanks, there is no alarm system in place.
    I live one side of them 100m and my sister the other side of them 100m.

I'll look into that one thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Fishdoodle

Vodafone are doing a panic watch;

https://eshop.v.vodafone.com/uk/v-sos-band

Should work with an irish V-sim costs about 3euro a month to keep running.

Only thing I dont like about it is the button to the right of watch needs to be pressed for 3secs I think to activate notification to family members. May not suit older person if dexterity is poor. If wearer falls it can also send an alert which is good.

Uses GPS (not sure if u can turn that fn off).

Aside from that a smart home alarm kit is another option to look at as panic button is an option with some of these

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Whet part of the country are you in ? Muintir AMA Tire, offer a monitored personal alarm for people/ couples over 65, excellent service. If you need any more information pm me.

Advertisement