Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Knock/Eirtrade thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Leaving Dublin at 11.
    Going on N4,stopping for a breakie roll and some food in the car for lunch.
    Like as well maybe a bottle of good French wine for "the constructeurs" of the beauty !

I plan to do some reconaissance once in there but i love to see it coming and landing,touching the ground and slowly running to the hangar.

Not sure about photo or video...prefer to see it and remember it with my mind.

Anyone going there ?
    I will love to get a beg to all of you to pay respect and to avoid chaos and/or verbal agresive actions, not sure if that's right to say !?

PS
    Again,thanks to @GVHOT and @GreenPilot for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭masit

I’m sure it will show up on flightradar24 or would it be blocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Latest TAF for Knock just out at 11, with relevant weather in bold.

Wind not an issue. Only question is of the small chance of moderate snow showers up to 2 pm.
    [/TAF EIKN 201100Z 2012/2112 26018G28KT 9999 FEW010 SCT025
    TEMPO 2012/2017 27022G38KT 5000 -SHRASNGS BKN010 SCT018CB
    PROB30 TEMPO 2012/2014 1200 SHSN BKN005
    BECMG 2020/2022 22014KT
    BECMG 2022/2024 22018G29KT BKN012
    BECMG 2100/2103 22023G39KT 5000 -RA SCT004 BKN008
    TEMPO 2102/2112 2000 RA BKN004
    PROB30 TEMPO 2107/2112 1200 RADZ BKN002=
    QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Manuel

greenpilot wrote: »
    Just got word they are doing an engine test run up this morning first. They have taken the covers off the engines and there is activity around the aircraft.
    How did it go? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Manuel wrote: »
    How did it go? :)

it went rrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement

TheW1zard wrote: »
    it went rrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

As long as it doesn’t go bang bang:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Odds on weather issues and a diversion to Shannon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Odds on weather issues and a diversion to Shannon?

No chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭greenpilot

I'm up at EIKN. Just had a snow shower. Now sunny and breezy. Winsock is 260 on the nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Manuel

Snow shower hardly a problem? It's not British Rail .......

• Advertisement

rolion wrote: »
    Leaving Dublin at 11.
    Like as well maybe a bottle of good French wine for "the constructeurs" of the beauty !

I plan to do some reconaissance once in there but i love to see it coming and landing,touching the ground and slowly running to the hangar.

Anyone going there ?
    I will love to get a beg to all of you to pay respect and to avoid chaos and/or verbal agresive actions, not sure if that's right to say !?

PS

First time at knock then....lol. Don't worry, we are very civil here in the West. I just hope you brought warm raingear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭hopeso

rolion wrote: »
    Leaving Dublin at 11.

Anyone going there ?

PS

Don't forget it's the N5 from Longford..... And bring a coat!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Kevwoody

Happen to be passing Knock later en route to Donegal. Will this flight come in over the N17?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭hopeso

Kevwoody wrote: »
    Happen to be passing Knock later en route to Donegal. Will this flight come in over the N17?

Yes, but it will be practicall at the airport when it does. If you're that near at the time, you might as well go in...

UPDATE

My contact just sent this. They are refuelling now. All good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

Wow. Looks like it's happening then. Fair play to those in the know for the updates.

Won't make it myself living in Dublin but parents live in Claremorris so Dad is heading down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Someone link the flightradar when shes up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

basill wrote: »
    Some of you aspiring pilots might want to check your crosswind calculations. Hint R26 has a bearing of 264 degrees.

How many runways are there in Knock?

greenpilot wrote: »
    I'm up at EIKN. Just had a snow shower. Now sunny and breezy. Winsock is 260 on the nose.

Just getting the snow showers here now in the midlands. Hopefully it will stay clear for when she lands.

No worries lads, I’ve seen far too many people from the Dublin and Shannon scene “who just happened to be there” when a special rolled in without telling anyone else “Competitive spotting”.

This hobby should be about sharing not trying to be the first to post their photo to airliners.net or whatever one FR24 use. Far too many people who know about stuff who keep their mouths shut till someone else posts about it then immediately you get them posting times/dates/regs so they don’t get left out and still look great.

Shannon and Dublin Facebook groups are full of them. I imagine most of you know who they are from their posts. Also those throwbacks, merciful hour, yes we know you got it before you are wonderful. “Here’s such and such the last time it arrived”.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Some very strong gusts here near Knock and very heavy hail shower...

Anybody know would that road around the opposite side of the runway be any good for viewing or were would be good? What’s the chances of the guards been around blocking roads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

masit wrote: »
    Anybody know would that road around the opposite side of the runway be any good for viewing or were would be good? What’s the chances of the guards been around blocking roads?
    I would have thought a good spot, assuming they haven't blocked it, but don't see why they would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Andrew33

“Competitive spotting”.
    Should be made a sport, full contact allowed :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭GM228

easypazz wrote: »
    How many runways are there in Knock?

One (08 and 26, they used to be 09 and 27).

Incidentally, how often does a change in the North Magnetic Pole affect Irish airports?

masit wrote: »

Not likely I would imagine. Park and act sensibly and they might even hold your ladder while you stand on it. Don’t block exits. Don’t park on junctions. Don’t park on grass that looks like it is being maintained.

Qwerty? wrote: »
    I would have thought a good spot, assuming they haven't blocked it, but don't see why they would

Got as far as I could on google street view and from a distance you can see the airport so I’m sure there is a good view.

Just incase it’s not showing up on Flightradar24. Has it taken off yet? Or what’s the estimate take off time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

If you have doubts about FlightRadar, then check our adsbexchange.com as they refuse to block anything.

• Advertisement

smurfjed wrote: »
    If you have doubts about FlightRadar, then check our adsbexchange.com as they refuse to block anything.

Oh thanks, Forgot about that site.

Advertisement