Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burgled, Need to change info on Switch

• 04-02-2020 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hey, just been burgled, they took my Switch, how do I change my saved credit card info for the e shop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

Len_007 wrote: »
    Hey, just been burgled, they took my Switch, how do I change my saved credit card info for the e shop?

You don't need your switch to access your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Len_007

nintendoo wrote: »

You don't need your switch to access your account.

On the My Nintendo site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭nintendoo

accounts.nintendo.com

or just google nintendo eshop

I never save my credit card details
    (a) so they are harder to steal
    (b) to make it more awkward for me to buy more stuff :)

Ok changed password. Then I enabled the two step verification option, after which I was given a bunch of back up codes. I’m wondering if these were for my recent purchases on the eshop?
    If I buy a replacement switch, is this how I can retrieve all my previous purchases?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Len_007 wrote: »
    Ok changed password. Then I enabled the two step verification option, after which I was given a bunch of back up codes. I’m wondering if these were for my recent purchases on the eshop?
    If I buy a replacement switch, is this how I can retrieve all my previous purchases?

The backup codes are if you lose access to your second factor. Eg it's your phone and that's robbed.

• Advertisement

Is there anything else I can do? I don’t suppose I can brick it remotely??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

No, no way to do that! That'd be dangerous should anyone get their hands on your login details!

Advertisement