Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir charging 5.99 pm for email service

Options
  • 04-02-2020 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

From 31st March 2020 Eir will charge anybody using their email service 5.99 per month . If you don't pay they will delete your email account !!?? WTF?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Just a way to get people to leave and they can shut it down altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

You'd be surprised at the amount of small and not so small businesses that use them. I'd heard whispers this was going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I read this earlier today and tried to forward a few important e-mails to another 2 accounts, but I was unable to send any mails. I was able to receive mails ok, just not able to send new mails or forward old mails.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

Is there any way to copy or forward eir emails to a new Gmail or Hotmail account without having to do each one individually. I have tried bunching a few together but they will not send.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,979 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Anyone using eircom.net emails in this day and age business or not is showing serious amateur hour. Eircom as a company doesn't even exist.

This is the kick in the arse people needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 rraido

gerandy wrote: »
    Is there any way to copy or forward eir emails to a new Gmail or Hotmail account without having to do each one individually. I have tried bunching a few together but they will not send.

There is a facility to download your mails in settings if you log in via a browser. It will download them to a zip file so you won’t lose them. I did this myself last night. I haven’t tried to upload to gmail though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭gerandy

thanks ofr the info. If you figure out how to import to hotmail / outlook or gmail could you let me know, thanks

I had a quick look in gmail and there is a facility to import emails. you click on the settings (cog symbol) on the top right of screen, click settings and it will bring up the settings screen. There is a line of links at the top, click on accounts and import and then on import mail and contacts. This brings up a window, where you enter your eircom.net email, you will have to input your password and it should import your mails. I didn't bring my old emails in as i don't want them taking up space, i'm happy enough to have them downloaded where i can access them if necessary. Good luck with the import.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Why would anyone pay 5.99 a year for email let alone a month.
    What do you get over a free gmail account

• Registered Users Posts: 14,017 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Why would anyone pay 5.99 a year for email let alone a month.
    What do you get over a free gmail account

privacy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,653 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Is there a way on eircom.net I can redirect new emails to another provider for next months so that I canmove account after that

Slava Ukrainii

Is there a way on eircom.net I can redirect new emails to another provider for next months so that I canmove account after that

It’s not possible to redirect, your account will be closed on the last day of March. You have 60 days to pay the subscription before its deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Just to add if not aware; I think after the 31st (unless paid) we won't be able to open individual emails (so that's 60 days of being able to see the titles before they disappear).

Which eir probably calls 'accessing your account', in their usual spirit of precision. (Took me weeks to get that phrase clarified during the last shakeup 2 years ago, and in that case the meaning was a different one).

Wondered if their website would crash under the weight on the 31st, but seems less and less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭tphase

https://www.eir.ie/support/webmail/webmail-frequently-asked-questions/

eircom are putting the subscription charge on hold for the moment due to the COVID-19 outbreak

Advertisement