Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken ankle

Options
  • 04-02-2020 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭

Was wondering i broke my ankle when I was making a delivery to business when i fell over a pothole .should my employer still pay me the week I'm out or is my problem for falling? Thanks
    (paying my holiday pay for week I'm out

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

You should be entitled to social welfare but whether you get topped up will depend on your contract.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Whocare

pinkypinky wrote: »
    You should be entitled to social welfare but whether you get topped up will depend on your contract.

Yeah I'm illness benefit too. Contract say no sick pay paid was just wondering doesn't make any difference because you were working when it happened . As I was listening to some people saying you should get paid as it happened when you are working but thay probably don't know what there taking about .thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Whocare wrote: »
    Yeah I'm illness benefit too. Contract say no sick pay paid was just wondering doesn't make any difference because you were working when it happened . As I was listening to some people saying you should get paid as it happened when you are working but thay probably don't know what there taking about .thanks for reply

No it makes no difference
    Policy is policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Claim off the insurance of the person that left a pothole.

Claim off the insurance of the person that left a pothole.

Yeah was thinking about that as there was definitely negligent yard was all tarmac and where you ment to stop van and get out there was pothole patch and was fixed but was busted again. Is there a time limit to claim ? If ankle go back to normal I probably won't bother to claim

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Whocare wrote: »
    Yeah was thinking about that as there was definitely negligent yard was all tarmac and where you ment to stop van and get out there was pothole patch and was fixed but was busted again. Is there a time limit to claim ? If ankle go back to normal I probably won't bother to claim

Personal injury staute of limitation is two years from reasonable discovery of damage / injury.
    You can bring a case within two years so if it happened last month and was immediately obvious / diagnosed then you've two years from last month

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

Your employer needs to report it to the Health & Safety Authority (HSA) as you are out of work more than, I think it is 3 days due to a work-related incident.
    That is a legal requirement on their part.

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Personal injury staute of limitation is two years from reasonable discovery of damage / injury.
    You can bring a case within two years so if it happened last month and was immediately obvious / diagnosed then you've two years from last month

That good to know thanks

Advertisement