Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Adam..

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭AidoEirE

Usually in these films there's a big fight in the end, it just didn't happen on this.

All over in a matter of him Johnson saying Shazam and bad guy torn to pieces. 2/3 minutes maybe.

For a finale like this with the whole plot around how strong Black Adam is and the bad guy being chosen buy the underworld "wizards" youd think they'd have a good old fight for the hype of the movie ending. Was very flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Homelander

Pretty weak film overall. The Rock is alright, Pierce Brosnan by far puts in the best performance. Most characters are completely forgettable and generic, just making their way through a painfully dull and cliche-ridden plot.

It's watchable but it's not good. I'd say 5/10. Something you can throw on and be entertained by but forget about the following day.

Still struggling to understand how DC keep getting most of their movies so wrong with so much money pumped into them. It's mind boggling.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Weird film.

Started ok. Then we get a load of X men with, including the plane, but they’re not X men either. They’re not the justice league either in case you thought that.

Maybe I missed some films, but these were all entirely new characters, right? It was all so forced and clunky.

My kids loved it. I didn’t hate it. I just didn’t like it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I'd agree with that... its watchable but not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

What a bag of Sh1t

We have seen this many many times before.

Scene: Trying to introduce a bit per seriousness only to be side tracked by a silly comment, somebody comedically falls over just to break the tensions.

Deadpool lives of this kind of storytelling, and does it well, but why is every other franchise following suit.

I have about 30mins left to watch and don't think I will even bother. These comic movies are just rinse and repeat - no new thinking of approach being taken.

Im done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,078 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

They don't earn their team-up movies.

Whether you like it or not about Marvel movies, they put in the work:

• Iron-man (2008) - First Nick Fury cameo
    • The Incredible Hulk (albeit with Norton instead of Rufallo) 2008 - With Iron-man cameo
    • Iron-man 2 (2010) - With Black Widow
    • Thor (2011) - First Hawkeye cameo
    • Captain America (2011) - Loki cameo
    • THEN you had Avengers in 2012

You had five movies over 4 years with numerous cross-references, major and minor before you had your team-up movie. The team-up was only briefly mentioned once in one scene in the very first movie. But you knew what was happening. You saw Iron-man recruiting/investigating.

You knew who the good guys and bad guys were. You had seen them multiple times already. However, with the DCU, they always seem to try to skip on the due diligence. Look at the terrible Justice League (And the slightly less terrible re-cut).

• Sure, Superman (Eventually).
    • Batman ("Oh yeahhhhh. I forgot Ben Afflek was Batman. He wasn't bad".... in that SUPERMAN movie. Oh and that other thing that nobody saw... for 10 seconds).
    • Wonder-woman ("Oh hey, she actually had her own movie which was pretty good")
    • Flash ("Wasn't there something about... in the Superman/Batman thing? Can't remember")
    • Aquaman ("Hey, yer man from Game of Thrones. He's fun")
    • Baddie ("M'Kay... Who's this now?/ Where's the other guy from the other version?")

Basically they want to skip to the dessert.

WB/DC actually did a MUCH better job on TV. They had regular crossovers with eachother's shows. Then they had that Crisis on Infinite Earths thing which was absolutely CHOCK-FULL of nods and winks. But they came across as fun (My particular favourite being the amazing scene of the best Batman - Kevin Conroy, playing Kingdom Come Batman)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I really enjoyed it to be honest, fantastic action from beginning to end. The Rock with super powers, whats not to like!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Gave this a watch. Pleasantly surprised by.. well.. all the surprises. Learning all the back story and seeing the powers of the crew involved.

The mid-credits scene felt like it was done really well.

If I had one criticism, it would be towards the end, it felt like it dragged a bit and like they had run outta budget a bit. Maybe they coulda cut it shorter and probably it would've been fine.

I'd guess there's the smallest chance

to see Black Adam again given how much Waller was in the film and that Jennifer Holland turned up. Peacekeeper team turning up in this and Shazam! Fury of the Gods just kinda leaned me to thinking in that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I don't even think the chance would be small, I'd say it's miniscule. Black Adam as a film didn't do well at the box office, The Rock was trying to centre himself within DCU creative as well as centre Black Adam within the films as a central character by putting him up against Superman. But after Black Adam came out, the hierarchy of power in the DCU actually did change and James Gunn & Peter Safran are in control and with an entirely new plan for the films going forward. The Rock isn't going to just be a minor part in the DCU. If he can't be a big part of the plans, he won't be in the films.

The Amanda Waller/Peacemaker crew stuff may translate over from the previous stuff to the new stuff, but for the most part the DCU going forward is a reboot. Even if Black Adam does show up again in the future, it's more likely that it won't be The Rock playing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I guess it'll probably depend on how Gunn gets on in charge of it all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement