Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price changed after booking?

Options
  • 04-02-2020 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

My wife and I recently placed a booking deposit on a new built house in an estate after viewing the showhouse and liking what we saw. The price listed for the house online and in-person was 330K. After placing the deposit we were having a chat with our solicitor who said the price she was given was 335K. When we rang the estate agent the receptionist on the phone claims that the price is higher for the specific house we're buying because of its location in the estate (it faces a forest.)
    Is this normal? There was no indication that the price would be different at any stage prior to the booking deposit being paid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

My wife and I recently placed a booking deposit on a new built house in an estate after viewing the showhouse and liking what we saw. The price listed for the house online and in-person was 330K. After placing the deposit we were having a chat with our solicitor who said the price she was given was 335K. When we rang the estate agent the receptionist on the phone claims that the price is higher for the specific house we're buying because of its location in the estate (it faces a forest.)
    Is this normal? There was no indication that the price would be different at any stage prior to the booking deposit being paid.

You can either take back your deposit and switch to another house on the estate or continue with the existing house and pay the higher price. The payment of the deposit does not entitle you to any house at any price.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

This is standard enough with new builds and usually the prices will state "From €XXXk". Generally you'll pay above the base price if it has a south facing garden, isn't overlooked, opens out onto the green area, isn't possessed etc etc. If they can get you to pay a few k more for the more desirable plot of land in the estate they will.
    However, the estate agent should have confirmed the price when you placed your deposit and your receipt should have also stated the total price of the property

Advertisement