Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a bungalow

Options
  • 04-02-2020 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Just looking for any advice on what kind of costs we would be looking at to build a 3/4 bed bungalow finished in 2020. Nothing fancy, would have a site already.

Comments

Curlywaves wrote: »
    Just looking for any advice on what kind of costs we would be looking at to build a 3/4 bed bungalow finished in 2020. Nothing fancy, would have a site already.

200 grand.

That's not a smart answer. Depends on what part of the country and how many square foot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Curlywaves

200 grand.

That's not a smart answer. Depends on what part of the country and how many square foot.

Ya I know it's very vague. Thanks tho! Based near limerick, probably looking at around 1600 sq.ft.

I would allow €115 per sq ft but that's my opinion and every opinion that varies by €5 is plus or minus €8000.

You are looking at €180,000 minimum. Things vary a lot. For example with my own site it was all gravel and rock after the top soil and soil was scraped off. Very little fill needed. Engineer reckons I was saving around 10k compared to building on a boggy site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Curlywaves

I would allow €115 per sq ft but that's my opinion and every opinion that varies by €5 is plus or minus €8000.

You are looking at €180,000 minimum. Things vary a lot. For example with my own site it was all gravel and rock after the top soil and soil was scraped off. Very little fill needed. Engineer reckons I was saving around 10k compared to building on a boggy site.

10k is a lot! I've heard 115 -120 per sq ft. Theres a lot of hidden costs and you have to be ready for the unexpected I suppose.

Advertisement