Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payroll

Options
  • 04-02-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Can the company you work for not allow employees to contact payroll?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,354 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

From a logistical point of view it’s easier if queries go through manager.

I worked in payroll on a team of four for a company with about forty locations nationwide and a few thousand weekly paid staff. Was much more convenient to deal with one person at each location than to spend day answering calls from individuals. That said, we never refused to deal with individuals, just preferred to have one point of contact per store.

That was over ten years ago, there may be privacy or GDPR issues now. If an employee calls asking about wages how are we to know they are who they say they are?

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭2 fast

Collie D wrote: »
    From a logistical point of view it’s easier if queries go through manager.

I worked in payroll on a team of four for a company with about forty locations nationwide and a few thousand weekly paid staff. Was much more convenient to deal with one person at each location than to spend day answering calls from individuals. That said, we never refused to deal with individuals, just preferred to have one point of contact per store.

That was over ten years ago, there may be privacy or GDPR issues now. If an employee calls asking about wages how are we to know they are who they say they are?

That's very true, but payroll keep.messing up my wages and I dont know is the manager relaying incorrect information or payroll themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

2 fast wrote: »
    That's very true, but payroll keep.messing up my wages and I dont know is the manager relaying incorrect information or payroll themselves.

type what you want ot say to payroll in an email

ask can the manager forward your emial to payroll and cc yourself in.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Do you have a HR team? In my experience a lot of the time payroll queries will go via HR.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Email both the payroll/Hr team and CC your manager in the email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,999 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

do payroll really keep "messing up" your wages?
    i ask, because it's kinda hard to "mess" them up unless they are manually calculating them
    what do you actually mean? as in, what is the problem?
    i suspect there is something wrong with your hours or something which most likely has nothing got to do with payroll and stems from what information they are provided with.... so who give the info to payroll? they should be your go to option

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

2 fast wrote: »
    Can the company you work for not allow employees to contact payroll?

Short answer, yes.

Advertisement