If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Separates system with Streaming

Options
  • 04-02-2020 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

Hi,

Im looking to start building a separates system with a decent amp & network streamer.

I currently have a Sonos amp and Q Acoustic 3020i's that I use for streaming Spotify & also for amplifying the TV sound.

I was looking at the Cambridge Audio CXA61 & CXN V2 package and would like to know what the best price you could offer would be? I need a system that will allow streaming, TV & the ability to add a cd player & uprated speakers at a later date.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Hi,

Im looking to start building a separates system with a decent amp & network streamer.

I currently have a Sonos amp and Q Acoustic 3020i's that I use for streaming Spotify & also for amplifying the TV sound.

I was looking at the Cambridge Audio CXA61 & CXN V2 package and would like to know what the best price you could offer would be? I need a system that will allow streaming, TV & the ability to add a cd player & uprated speakers at a later date.

Thanks

Can you also quote me on the CXA81 or suggest any alternative packages that you recommend?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

Thanks

Can you also quote me on the CXA81 or suggest any alternative packages that you recommend?
    Hi Blondeonblonde.

Thanks for the post.

Both the CXA61 and CXA81 are fantastic products!! (Several on the guys here at the Belfast store own a 61).

There is currently a bundle price on our .co.uk site for the CXA61 and CXN V2 (Lunar Grey) for £1399. This is down from £1548 retail.
    This eats up pretty much any room I had for discount but could squeeze it a little bit and offer at £1379 delivered.

The CXA81 and CXN V2 again also has a bundle price on the .co.uk site of £1649 down from £1798.
    I could push this down a little to £1620 delivered.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Hi Blondeonblonde.

Thanks for the post.

Both the CXA61 and CXA81 are fantastic products!! (Several on the guys here at the Belfast store own a 61).

There is currently a bundle price on our .co.uk site for the CXA61 and CXN V2 (Lunar Grey) for £1399. This is down from £1548 retail.
    This eats up pretty much any room I had for discount but could squeeze it a little bit and offer at £1379 delivered.

The CXA81 and CXN V2 again also has a bundle price on the .co.uk site of £1649 down from £1798.

Thanks for the info. I'm probably leaning towards the CXA61 bundle.

Are there any other accessories/connectors I would need to connect the streamer & amp? I already have speaker cable.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Blondeonblonde.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks for the info. I'm probably leaning towards the CXA61 bundle.

Are there any other accessories/connectors I would need to connect the streamer & amp? I already have speaker cable.
    Hi Blondeonblonde.

The only other thing you would require would be a phono cable for connecting the amp and streamer together.
    Something like this one by Audioquest
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203164-audioquest-tower-1-meter-rca-phono-interconnect.aspx

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.