Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

saorview approved tv

• 04-02-2020 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭

I have a saorview approved tv(Nordmende nm28272S2) with a satellite tuner installed. When I got the tv I got a saorview box which has now died and I want to tune in saorview channels. I can tune the saorview channels but I lose the sat. channels. Any idea what I can do beside getting another box.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Can you do a factory reset and do a full scan for all channels terrestrial and satellite on setup.

sugarman wrote: »
    Are you sure you're actually losing them? You usually need to switch between saorview and satellite manually.

I assume Nordmende is similar to Walker and Toshiba Vestel based TVs with all channels in a single list, no switching between tuners.

@martin6651 - There is a filter option to show all channels or terrestrial channels or sat channels on the Walker TVs, if this option is available on the Nordmende select show all channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭martin6651

When I turn on tv and do a 1st time installation it call for either aerial/cable/satellite. If I pick aerial it will tune channels it will show a list. If I next do a sat install the saorview channels don't show on the list.

martin6651 wrote: »
    When I turn on tv and do a 1st time installation it call for either aerial/cable/satellite. If I pick aerial it will tune channels it will show a list. If I next do a sat install the saorview channels don't show on the list.

That's odd, any multi-tuner TV I've had has always given the option to scan terrestrial only or terrestrial/satellite, that includes Sony/Toshiba/Walker. I haven't tuned a Nordmende before.

Will try that sugarman

• Advertisement

Just checking my Walker TV here
    OK -> Filter [Blue] -> Network Type -> [Options] ALL - DIGITAL AERIAL ONLY - DIGITAL CABLE ONLY - SATELLITE ONLY - ANALOGUE TV ONLY

Sugarman did what you suggested and got the following
    cable/analog digital aerial/analog sat./analog

Advertisement