Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toshiba 32" HD LED TV With Satellite Tuner

• 05-02-2020 1:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭

My neighbour's TV calved today and he asked me to have a look out for a new one for him. All he wants is a very basic 32 inch. I've seen this one and the local shop has it in stock. Has anyone any experience of one and are they any good?

https://euronics.ie/product/toshiba-32-hd-led-tv-with-satellite-tuner-32w1863db/

All he wants it for is RTE 1 2 VM1 TG4 and a few radio stations.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Does it have a terrestrial tuner to receive Saorview transmissions?

Your link does not work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,596 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

sligojoek wrote: »
    My neighbour's TV calved today and he asked me to have a look out for a new one for him. All he wants is a very basic 32 inch. I've seen this one and the local shop has it in stock. Has anyone any experience of one and are they any good?

Toshiba 32" HD LED TV With Satellite Tuner

Is it this one - https://euronics.ie/product/toshiba-32-hd-led-tv-with-satellite-tuner-32w1863db/

Is has a Saorview tuner and a satellite tuner if he has a satellite dish. I own a 43" Toshiba, no problems, go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Does it have a terrestrial tuner to receive Saorview transmissions?

Your link does not work.

Sorry, JB. I think it's fixed now.

The Cush has the right one anyhow.

The Cush wrote: »
    Is it this one - https://euronics.ie/product/toshiba-32-hd-led-tv-with-satellite-tuner-32w1863db/

Is has a Saorview tuner and a satellite tuner if he has a satellite dish. I own a 43" Toshiba, no problems, go for it.

That's the one. Satellite, HDMI and USB will never be used. He's well into his 70s and wouldn't have any use for them. Just what he was getting on his previous TV, a Walker from when Saorview came out first. I only did a re-scan for him a few days ago for the new Truskmore freq changes. Up to then he never knew the Plus 1s and RTE News Now were on it.

I think I;ll go for that. I know from reading you're very knowledgeable on things TV. If anything goes wrong, I'll come back to haunt you. :D

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

sligojoek wrote: »
    Sorry, JB. I think it's fixed now.

The Cush has the right one anyhow.

That's the one. Satellite, HDMI and USB will never be used. He's well into his 70s and wouldn't have any use for them. Just what he was getting on his previous TV, a Walker from when Saorview came out first. I only did a re-scan for him a few days ago for the new Truskmore freq changes. Up to then he never knew the Plus 1s and RTE News Now were on it.

I think I;ll go for that. I know from reading you're very knowledgeable on things TV. If anything goes wrong, I'll come back to haunt you. :D

Thanks

Have you thought about getting the old set fixed? It might be a very minor issue.

winston_1 wrote: »
    Have you thought about getting the old set fixed? It might be a very minor issue.

He went out for a few pints last Sunday anf left the telly on. When he came back the screen was black and there was a "Funny smell". He's well into his 70s and not in great shape physically. I'd hate for it to go on fire and him alone.

I went into Sligo this morning and Got a Walker very similar to the Toshiba 32in mentioned above. The only difference I could see was 720 instead of 1080. Got it for 170e. Tuned it in my house and dropped it down to him. He's over the moon.

Old TV and new box and more sh1te gone to the recycling centre.

Again, thanks for all the answers.

• Advertisement

I called in earlier to see how he was getting on with the TV. He's well impressed with the picture and the old remote works with it.

His carer called at 9 o clock wiith 8 cans of Heineken. Everybody's a winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

These Televisions the capacitors tend to blow. They are made by either Vestel in Turkey or UMC in Slovakia.

Toshiba, Philips, Blaupunkt, JVC, Sharp, Panasonic* (not smart models) Medion (Aldi) Technika (Tesco) Nordmende, Bush/Alba (Argos) the list goes on. You’ll notice neither Tesco or Aldi/Lidl sell their own TV models anymore.

Only Sony, LG, Samsung and Panasonic (smart models) still manufacture and design their TV sets.

Advertisement