Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Lodgers usually late with paying rent?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Hi Mic, You own the property? How many weeks have you given them? To be honest It did cross my mind for them to leave but also but I didnt want to add to their stresses as their jobs are also under threat now. So I will have a word re personal hygiene and just see how it goes. Yes it is scary having them coming and going from the house but I am keeping myself away from them and only communicating via watsapp:cool:

I own the house and have no debt so i should be able to get by even without rent although my job is at risk of redundancy, I gave them 3 weeks notice. Unfortunately they both use public transports daily and also they seem to go out a lot. "it's-just-a-flue" kind of people, both were out in town today. I'm not taking my chances, i wold have made an exception for someone who was taking the right precautions, but there are still a lot of people especially young who are totally careless about it

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Irish_peppa

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    I own the house and have no debt so i should be able to get by even without rent although my job is at risk of redundancy, I gave them 3 weeks notice. Unfortunately they both use public transports daily and also they seem to go out a lot. "it's-just-a-flue" kind of people, both were out in town today. I'm not taking my chances, i wold have made an exception for someone who was taking the right precautions, but there are still a lot of people especially young who are totally careless about it

totally understandle. Crikey that will be a long 3 weeks especially if they are being ignorant of the current HSE advice. Isolate yourself from them in the house if they are being irresponsible

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

totally understandle. Crikey that will be a long 3 weeks especially if they are being ignorant of the current HSE advice. Isolate yourself from them in the house if they are being irresponsible

They will gone at the end of the month, i gave them notice last week so it's only 2 weeks left but yes, I'm kind of paranoid about sharing kitchen and tools with them. I'm locked in my room most of the time, such a crazy situation

Advertisement