Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

ShaneU wrote: »
    No, nothing wrong with it.

Weird maybe i was just lucky with mine but i was well impressed by how quickly i got confirmation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I sent them an email anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I sent mine on Monday so was a really fast email...Shame their earbuds don't come as quick lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Has anyone got a S20 Ultra from Vodafone? Did they ever have them?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Tracking number and samsung email received. Delivery for Friday for an s20 ultra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I must say coming from a Huawei mate 20 pro I'm very disappointed with my s20 ultra. The only thing it had going for it is the screen.
    Battery is dreadful, I get roughly 6 hours screen time.
    Camera is OK since the update, however I don't find it as user friendly as the mate 20 was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

jay28 wrote: »
    Camera is OK since the update, however I don't find it as user friendly as the mate 20 was.

The camera setup on the S20 is the same as the last few generations of Galaxy, just a change of brands has you relearning a new UI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jogdish

trade in accepted this morning via email, posted it last Friday

Some 8K footage I grabbed:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Anyone else with the s20+ still having issues with camera focus after the update ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jogdish

lol as youtube defaults everyone to SD :p

looks greats as far as my 1440p monitor can show me.

jamesd wrote: »
    Anyone else with the s20+ still having issues with camera focus after the update ?

Did you reset the camera and clear the cache of the app? Mine is flying now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

jones wrote: »

I had done neither, both done now and will test. Thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

Can you put up steps on how this is done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Healers39 wrote: »
    Can you put up steps on how this is done?

It's fairly straight forward.

1 : Open the Camera
    2 : Click the settings icon up in the top left
    3 : In settings scroll down to Reset Camera and click.
    4 : Open Settings> Apps> Camera App> Storage and clear the cache.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

For those that received their buds. How long did it take from the time the buds were "processed" in the tracker to them being delivered? Did anyone get an email from Samsung or the courier before delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

1jcdub wrote: »
    For those that received their buds. How long did it take from the time the buds were "processed" in the tracker to them being delivered? Did anyone get an email from Samsung or the courier before delivery?

Does the tracker actually update or do the buds just arrive?

Mine processed on the 13th of March but no update as of yet. I wasn't expecting anything due to the current situation but Samsung have come out to say they are still delivering as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Have my S20 Ultra a few days now. Camera is mind blowingly good coming from my Note 9. Battery life is fantastic even with everything turned up and 120hz display is amazing. Well worth purchase IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Have an unusual problem with Bluetooth calls on the car radio. When I make a call everything works fine, good volume, clarity etc. However when someone rings me there's just silence when I answer. I have to turn off the Bluetooth connection in order to talk to the person. Anyone else ever experience this?

For those who claimed the free buds what does your tracking say? I just checked mine and says the following:

Sent for fulfilment
    Samsung Galaxy Buds+ (white) 10/03/2020 05:39:19

• Advertisement

For those who claimed the free buds what does your tracking say? I just checked mine and says the following:

Sent for fulfilment

They'll all say similar, for those still waiting. It'll probably remain the same, even
    after they ship/arrive. You might get a Nightline notification or similar.

Still a good few days left in the 45 Day period.

Sent for fulfilment

Similar as me just my date is a day later.

Sent for fulfilment

Sent for fulfilment

Mines the same except I'm the 13th of March.

Sent for fulfilment
    MarkY91 wrote: »
    j14 wrote: »
    Mines the same except I'm the 13th of March.

I got my tracking from a nice Samsung Rep, it's with Yodel at their international
    hub UK and being picked up by Fastway. So it'll be possibly next Monday.

Mine were validated on the 10th. So I'd say if you've not already got the Buds+,
    you'll probably have them next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

My galaxy buds+ arrived today. I didn't receive any tracking info from samsung or an post. They were just there waiting for me when i arrived home from work for lunch. Mine were validated on the 13th of March.

Healers39 wrote: »
    My galaxy buds+ arrived today. I didn't receive any tracking info from samsung or an post. They were just there waiting for me when i arrived home from work for lunch. Mine were validated on the 13th of March.

Mine arrived too. I'm finding them much better than the original Buds, so far. A lot more distinction in the varying levels of Equaliser pre-sets. Only used them for an hour or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Any notification before you received them? Who delivered them to you?

John_Mc wrote: »
    Any notification before you received them? Who delivered them to you?

As I mentioned already it was passed from Yodel to Fastway Ireland and no
    notification. I had a tracking number because I contacted Samsung during the week
    and asked them if the Buds+ shipments were still being delivered. Due
    to the current Covid19 situation. I got a nice reply and a tracking number.

So I'd say most Irish users will have them by next week.

• Advertisement

My Buds arrived today with a Fast Way courier.
    No update on my tracking, they just arrived.
    My order was processed on March 13th.

j14 wrote: »
    My Buds arrived today with a Fast Way courier.
    No update on my tracking, they just arrived.
    My order was processed on March 13th.

Mine has been processed over a week now. Still no sign of my buds

bazzz wrote: »
    notification. I had a tracking number because I contacted Samsung during the week
    and asked them if the Buds+ shipments were still being delivered. Due
    to the current Covid19 situation. I got a nice reply and a tracking number.

So I'd say most Irish users will have them by next week.

Hi did you contact Samsung?
    I tried phoning and email them. The phone number seems to be closed and no reply to my support email

Camera auto focus acting up again. I had to reset the camera settings again. Even though I hadn't changed any settings!

bazzz wrote: »
    1jcdub wrote: »
    Hi did you contact Samsung?
    I tried phoning and email them. The phone number seems to be closed and no reply to my support email

As I said I contacted them, via the support link on the Buds claim page. You'll
    more than likely receive yours during next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

How are people finding this phone day to day? Im reading some criticism of the exynos processor. I have the S10 and im happy with but im considering the s20 all the same, fools and their money.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    How are people finding this phone day to day? Im reading some criticism of the exynos processor. I have the S10 and im happy with but im considering the s20 all the same, fools and their money.

I moved from S10 to S20+....I feel that I wasted my money.

The 120hz screen is the only positive.

My main negative is that the camera when using it through WhatsApp looks like a VGA webcam from 10 years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

sentient_6 wrote: »

I upgraded from S9 to S20+ and I'm happy. There are enough improvements to make me feel it was worth it given the €350 trade in value I got for the S9.

I wouldn't bother if I had the S10. It's rarely worth it to upgrade every year in my opinion.

John_Mc wrote: »
    I upgraded from S9 to S20+ and I'm happy. There are enough improvements to make me feel it was worth it given the €350 trade in value I got for the S9.

I wouldn't bother if I had the S10. It's rarely worth it to upgrade every year in my opinion.

Just to echo this I upgraded from the s8+ and love the upgrade, if I was coming from the S10+ maybe it wouldn't be enough of an upgrade to justify it. I do think phones in general are only jumping in small increments these days so probably better off jumping every two years.

Even every two years is a waste, if it wasn't for the meagre battery life on phones and the constant poking to upgrade, none of us would bother. Absolutely nothing wrong with my S9+ and part of the reason the S20 went back was it wasn't that much of an improvement.

Been in self isolation for three weeks. First day back in work today, had the phone in my pocket for two hours. Took it out and there's two small indentations right in the middle of the screen! No idea how that happened. Unreal, it hadn't left the house till today.

• Advertisement

Just received my Buds+ from samsung. Very nice pieces of kit i have to say and even better getting them for free. Sound quality seems good too from my limited testing and a nice comfy fit.

Been in self isolation for three weeks. First day back in work today, had the phone in my pocket for two hours. Took it out and there's two small indentations right in the middle of the screen! No idea how that happened. Unreal, it hadn't left the house till today.

Are the dents on the factory installed screen protector? I've a little bubble on mine since the other day was pullling a blind and the little toggle at the end fell on the screen and now i've a tiny bubble where it hit not sure how it happened as its in the top left corner but not too bad considering.

What? I had no idea there was a screen protector on it.

Also had an issue with what looks like condensation building up on the same spot on the left edge of the screen (the part where you swipe right to get the apps) two white marks on the screen there too that won't go away.

Edit: it was just the screen protector, crisis averted :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Thanks for the feedback, but i went and bought it anyway, S20 5G is "only" 799 from Vodafone, cheap relative to price straight from Samsung. Herself badly needs a new phone and will take the S10 for a modest fee!

Although im a cronic phone switcher i actually do agree with the above comments and do intend to hold on to this. Famous last words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Do all the S20 models have 5G as standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭seantobin43

Barr wrote: »

Yeah all the s20 models have it

Samsung store sells a 4G version which I ordered. And they sent me the more expensive 5g version.

Samsung store sells a 4G version which I ordered. And they sent me the more expensive 5g version.

So there a version out there that has no 5G :confused:Samsung line up is confusing to say the least

So there a version out there that has no 5G :confused:Samsung line up is confusing to say the least

Apparently so. You can configure it under the S20 model listings, on SS Ireland. Places like Three offer the 4G variant too.

This seems a good price for a plus (€699)

Anyone know the shop or any experience with them

https://www.donedeal.ie/phones-for-sale/samsung-galaxy-s20-plus/24585203

• Advertisement
Advertisement