Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,947 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Cina wrote: »
    Last year with the S10 they didn't send it with the phone, they sent it a few weeks later on its own.

It's because you have 28 days (I think?) to use the phone before confirming you want to trade in.
    Thanks, I've also been sent the 5g version when I ordered the 4g which is strange

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

Just recieved my S20+ wow looks amazing. Just one thing i can't see anywhere in the members app to claim the Buds+?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Evilcamper

Cina wrote: »
    Last year with the S10 they didn't send it with the phone, they sent it a few weeks later on its own.

It's because you have 28 days (I think?) to use the phone before confirming you want to trade in.

According to the Samsung website we have 7 days no?

"You will be provided with prepaid return packaging materials to allow for the safe provision of your Existing Handset to us. You must ensure that the handset is provided to us within 7 days of receiving your New Handset. Failure to provide your Existing Handset within this time period will mean that you will be required to return your New Handset to us or pay back the discount you received on your New Handset."

I actually have the same problem and have sent an email to exertis to clarify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭John_Mc

jones wrote: »
    Just recieved my S20+ wow looks amazing. Just one thing i can't see anywhere in the members app to claim the Buds+?

Same with me. Maybe it isn't up there yet

Can I ask if you recived a notification that it has been shipped or did it just turn up out of the blue? Nightline are handling their deliveries right?

Yeah I got a notification yesterday from Samsung store and then Nightline notified me of delivery today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Evilcamper wrote: »
    According to the Samsung website we have 7 days no?

"You will be provided with prepaid return packaging materials to allow for the safe provision of your Existing Handset to us. You must ensure that the handset is provided to us within 7 days of receiving your New Handset. Failure to provide your Existing Handset within this time period will mean that you will be required to return your New Handset to us or pay back the discount you received on your New Handset."

I actually have the same problem and have sent an email to exertis to clarify.

They'll send the packaging in a couple of days. Exertis told me yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Evilcamper

bazzz wrote: »

Okay solves that issue so.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Ordered mine on the 21st, been on "Processing in progress" since the 3rd in Exertis/Samsung store. The ultra 128gb

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jdeez

Ordered mine on the 21st, been on "Processing in progress" since the 3rd in Exertis/Samsung store. The ultra 128gb

Same as you but I ordered on the 13/02 and went straight to Processing in progress. I sent an email this morning asking for an update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Ultra as an upgrade from 3 has just arrived.

• Advertisement

jones wrote: »

It's up on the members app now. Just submitted my claim there.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

John_Mc wrote: »
    It's up on the members app now. Just submitted my claim there.

I haven't had a chance to open my phone yet, is this members app pre installed or do I need to install it?

Got my Ultra about an hour ago, from Samsung Ireland. While transferring data
    from my s10 plus, I was able to claim the Buds+ from the Members App. No issues this year claiming them.
    The claim was validated within a few minutes via SMS.

jay28 wrote: »
    I haven't had a chance to open my phone yet, is this members app pre installed or do I need to install it?

It's already installed, it might update for the first time use.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

Are those of ye that got the s20 ultra happy with it? Size and performance wise? What about the camera?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

jdeez wrote: »
    Same as you but I ordered on the 13/02 and went straight to Processing in progress. I sent an email this morning asking for an update.

I ordered on the 16th and was told there was a delay due to component shortages and it'd be shipped on 16th if there were no further delays

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

Ordered on the 14th and went straight to processing - and it's still processing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Trying to claim my free airbuds through the member app (S20+ Three preorder) and it's saying "can't participate in this event. Check event details for eligibility"

Anyone else getting this?

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I ordered on the 16th and was told there was a delay due to component shortages and it'd be shipped on 16th if there were no further delays
    Ordered on the 14th and went straight to processing - and it's still processing....

Exertis replied back this afternoon saying launch is delayed until the 25/03!

Amazing how they can say that while at the same time delivering Ultra preorders today to others.

• Advertisement

Someone on Twitter said they called the 1st time and were advised the 25th but on the 2nd call they were told it's now April 2nd

Trying to claim my free airbuds through the member app (S20+ Three preorder) and it's saying "can't participate in this event. Check event details for eligibility"

Try it again. I had that on my first attempt. But I just tried it again and it worked.

Someone on Twitter said they called the 1st time and were advised the 25th but on the 2nd call they were told it's now April 2nd

Hopefully it's for new orders and they'll ship existing orders out as stock arrives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Congratulations to everyone opening their shiny new phones. To say I'm jealous is an understatement. :)

Same here, spoke to Samsung chat and got nowhere. It will be passed onto a Samsung Members App team member and they will get back to me.

I must have tried about 6 times now.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

1jcdub wrote: »
    Will do

Receive my S20 + this afternoon. If seen on my Vodafone app that it was sent. An post delivered it a short time later. Didn't receive any notification that it was sent or on it's way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Poor experience ordering direct from Samsung so far - no updates at all until I contact them despite being told I'd be updated by email. Going by their community forums, people in the UK have been offered a £50 voucher for the delay. Doubt we'll see anything like that here

bennyx_o wrote: »
    Poor experience ordering direct from Samsung so far - no updates at all until I contact them despite being told I'd be updated by email. Going by their community forums, people in the UK have been offered a £50 voucher for the delay. Doubt we'll see anything like that here

Same experience- the lack of any communication or statement is an eye opener and this will be the last time I use them.

j14 wrote: »
    Same here, spoke to Samsung chat and got nowhere. It will be passed onto a Samsung Members App team member and they will get back to me.

I'm having the same problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭jogdish

Got my S20:

Have to admit a little underwhelmed coming from an S8 - its another glass rectangle, not sure what i was expecting.

Some questions - it has a screen protector, i think thats what it is, pointless to remove it i suppose?

I got a discount for my S8 - was told there would be a envelope to post it back to samsung in, didnt get any.

jogdish wrote: »
    Got my S20:
    was told there would be a envelope to post it back to samsung in, didnt get any.

Got my S20:

Have to admit a little underwhelmed coming from an S8 - its another glass rectangle, not sure what i was expecting.

Have to say, I agree. I went from S8+ to S20+ and I'm not seeing a hugeee difference. Of course the 120hz screen is far better (make sure you enable this, it's disabled by default) but other than that.. meh.

I was due an upgrade and its 100% better but I was just expecting a little more for some reason.

Anyway, all good.

Yeah, still not working for me. I'll reach out on Samsung chat tomorrow.

Yeah, still not working for me. I'll reach out on Samsung chat tomorrow.

Were you an upgrade on 3 like myself and jay28?

I just find it a bit coincidental.

Yes, I'm also an upgrade on three, s20 ultra

Apologies, question wasn't for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

So, who currently has the best 5G network in the country? I'll have to switch to get the most out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lobbylad

Wahoo, S20+ arrived in carphone warehouse this morning, vodafone upgrade.

Anyone know where you can get the samsung brand cases (the clearview one) in Ireland? Don't want to risk dropping it over the weekend if it has to ship!

Samsung shop in Dundrum is gone, isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

Weird one here but i cant turn on the Caller ID and spam protection in the call settings. Its just greyed out and will not let me activate it. Anyone else getting this?

I had this on my S8+ and it always worked perfectly.

I still can't claim the free Galaxy Buds plus on the members app.

I still can't claim the free Galaxy Buds plus on the members app.

I haven't tried today, I'm still.usimg my mate 20 pro until my case arrives for the ultra, I'll try again when I get home

• Advertisement

Yeah, upgrade from three. I'm in the app chatting to Samsung members support now. I'll post the outcome.

Yeah, upgrade from three. I'm in the app chatting to Samsung members support now. I'll post the outcome.

Samsung members support told me I need to contact the promotional team directly, they have the right tools to help:

016 533 900 (Ireland)

Will call them later and let you know the outcome.

Samsung members support told me I need to contact the promotional team directly, they have the right tools to help:

016 533 900 (Ireland)

Will call them later and let you know the outcome.

I've called them already today. No joy.
    Told me to delete the app and try again. If that doesn't work try again in 24hrs.

Super helpful...

I've sent off all of my order details to the following address.

preorder@samsungpromotions.claims

Hopefully that works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Same As

Disgusted, missed the deadline for the free Buds by 3 days.

Anyone have any success with claiming the offer with a non pre-order?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭jogdish

S20 was in my coat pocket today, this evening noticed a scratch on it!!! I*think* there is a screen protector on the screen, is that normal for them to scratch so easy? Should I leave it, take it off, get a new screen protector?

S20 was in my coat pocket today, this evening noticed a scratch on it!!! I*think* there is a screen protector on the screen,
    is that normal for them to scratch so easy? Should I leave it, take it off, get a new screen protector?

The screen protector that came on it can get scratched. It also depends on how the scratch got there or what caused it.
    It would really be your preference as to replace it or not. If the scratch doesn't bother you, I'd stick with the supplied one for now(my preference).
    I have the original one on my s10+ still and it's been fine since launch.

Received my S20 plus and noticed that its a dual SIM model. Is this standard? It's a Vodafone upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

1jcdub wrote: »
    Received my S20 plus and noticed that its a dual SIM model. Is this standard? It's a Vodafone upgrade

Most Samsung phones are dual sim now. Seems to be standard on the higher end phones now.

Most Samsung phones are dual sim now. Seems to be standard on the higher end phones now.

Thanks for the reply

I've called them already today. No joy.
    Told me to delete the app and try again. If that doesn't work try again in 24hrs.

Super helpful...

I've sent off all of my order details to the following address.

preorder@samsungpromotions.claims

Hopefully that works.

Yesterday I spoke to Three via chat and the guy didn't understand my complaint, but he said he would send me my proof of purchase document. I just said fine and he emailed it to me (I thought I would try via Samsung)

I just tried sending it to the Samsung promotion guys you mentioned and realized that the order date in this document the Three guy sent me is actually the 10th of March (which wasn't when I preordered). The promotion is for between 11/02/2020 – 08/03/2020

What about you guys?

• Advertisement
Advertisement