Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S20

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I spoke with Samsung Ireland yesterday and it's not gone from 16th to 25th March but could be as late as 2nd April. Shambles to be honest, won't be ordering direct again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

Yesterday I spoke to Three via chat and the guy didn't understand my complaint, but he said he would send me my proof of purchase document. I just said fine and he emailed it to me (I thought I would try via Samsung)

I just tried sending it to the Samsung promotion guys you mentioned and realized that the order date in this document the Three guy sent me is actually the 10th of March (which wasn't when I preordered). The promotion is for between 11/02/2020 – 08/03/2020

What about you guys?

I asked three to send me on my date of preorder not my date of purchase as I don't pay for the phone until April 7th (my next bill cycle).

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lobbylad

Does anyone know if 5G requires a new SIM or will an existing SIM work? (Vodafone upgrade)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 jdeez

bennyx_o wrote: »
    I spoke with Samsung Ireland yesterday and it's not gone from 16th to 25th March but could be as late as 2nd April. Shambles to be honest, won't be ordering direct again

My order has just changed to shipped on the Samsung website, I was also told earlier in the week that the new date was the 25/3. I ordered on the evening of 13/02. I'm hoping that it isn't a mistake. I also ordered a case and that is still saying in progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

My s20 ultra arrived this morning. I pre ordered it with three on the 2nd of March. I didn't get a dispatch email from three so I wasn't expecting it anytime soon. I got a text message this morning from an post to say my three order was out for delivery. I hope this helps anyone who's waiting on a pre order from three.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

lobbylad wrote: »
    Does anyone know if 5G requires a new SIM or will an existing SIM work? (Vodafone upgrade)

No SIM change required with Vodafone. You might need to tell them to activate 5g on your account

jdeez wrote: »
    My order has just changed to shipped on the Samsung website, I was also told earlier in the week that the new date was the 25/3. I ordered on the evening of 13/02. I'm hoping that it isn't a mistake. I also ordered a case and that is still saying in progress.
    Interesting. Was that an Ultra? I checked out as a guest so can't see any updates. Would be a welcome surprise. With the way this virus is going I can see it being a long wait otherwise

Interesting. Was that an Ultra? I checked out as a guest so can't see any updates. Would be a welcome surprise. With the way this virus is going I can see it being a long wait otherwise

Yeah, 128gb grey ultra. I haven't received a tracking number yet. I might have just moved onto the next stage of frustration!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Banton

Has anyone had any luck claiming the free pair of Galaxy Buds+ on the Samsung Members App? For me it just says - Cant participate in this event. Check event details for eligibility.

Also, Three sent me a proof of purchase but it doesn't contain my pre-order date. It says Purchase Date: 10-03-2020 which is the day I got it delivered not the day I pre-ordered my S20+.

• Advertisement

Seen someone else posted on the Samsung Community Forums saying theirs had changed too. Samsung Ireland haven't tweeted anything since yesterday, hopefully due to being too busy sending out phones (but I doubt it!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

John_Mc wrote: »

I did the trade in but no return packing for my old phone was included.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    How do I send my old phone to Samsung? I was expecting to get a box with the new phone to send it back?
    Evilcamper wrote: »
    According to the Samsung website we have 7 days no?

I actually have the same problem and have sent an email to exertis to clarify.
    jogdish wrote: »

I got a discount for my S8 - was told there would be a envelope to post it back to samsung in, didnt get any.

My envelope arrived today. Fairly straight forward. Only thing surprised me was, you send it back via the post office.
    Thought it might be a courier pick-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Banton wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck claiming the free pair of Galaxy Buds+ on the Samsung Members App? For me it just says - Cant participate in this event. Check event details for eligibility.

Also, Three sent me a proof of purchase but it doesn't contain my pre-order date. It says Purchase Date: 10-03-2020 which is the day I got it delivered not the day I pre-ordered my S20+.

Claimed with no issues and got approved the next day.

I've been trying this for two days now. Got nowhere with the app. I had to email Samsung promotions to get my claim looked at. Its still in process.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Still in processing in progress here:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I received an email from Samsung promotions yesterday asking me to retry the members app again as they had made changes to it.

However it still doesn't work for me, they said if still won't work to send them my EMEI number which I have just done, so we'll see what they come back with

• Advertisement

jay28 wrote: »
    I received an email from Samsung promotions yesterday asking me to retry the members app again as they had made changes to it.

However it still doesn't work for me, they said if still won't work to send them my EMEI number which I have just done, so we'll see what they come back with

I'm one step ahead of you.
    I'm getting bounced around from one support member to the next. I got to speak to a guy today who said he will escalate my claim to a senior member of the support team. It seems they will have to process my claim manually.

I did send off all that information that you sent and I got an email back to retry the app (it still didn't work) I've rang them twice and sent two emails. Finally it seems I'm getting somewhere. I did recieve an email to say my claim is valid and I was told they will be back to me in 2 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭lobbylad

I couldn't get the Members App to allow me to order the ear buds either. It did pop a notification at one stage which I clicked and it then told me I was ineligible.

But, I found a solution, and I got my "Claim Is Verified" email last night, and the ear buds will ship next week.

If you go to:

https://www.samsung.com/ie/galaxys-preorder/

Scroll down to where it says "If you are a business customer, then click here" and follow that link. (that link is underneath the banner to claim the earbuds). It will ask you if you want to continue your application via the Member App or to use a desktop, I chose continue with desktop.

The link also provides an option to continue as a personal user instead of a business user. Answer all the fields (you need IMEI, and proof of purchase showing original pre-order date).

I got confirmation of my eligibility within about 3 hours.

j14 wrote: »

Thanks for link, used the link to submit the info and 5 mins later received an email to say it's been validated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jogdish

Ok, have my s20 a few days now,

1) Installed all my usual apps, liking it more - still kinda torn between have they just altered the animations or is the 120hz making it look super smooth (ive tried 60 )

2) The camera app seems sluggish at times, just me? silly question but what's the 'normal' aspect ratio to shoot in, 1:1, 3:4, 16:9

3) Is there anyway to use Samsung pay in Ireland/worth it?

4) There is some kinda screen protector on mine out of the box - it really has a lot of 'scratches when the light hits it at an angle , worth buying a better screen protector? (using a UAG pathfinder case )

5) Maybe just me but finding the default Samsung keyboard, very poor at predictive swipe typing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

That 30x zoom in the plus is absolutely horrendous. The p30 pro last year was infinitely better than this piece of **** zoom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Ok, have my s20 a few days now,

1) Installed all my usual apps, liking it more - still kinda torn between have they just altered the animations or is the 120hz making it look super smooth (ive tried 60 )

2) The camera app seems sluggish at times, just me? silly question but what's the 'normal' aspect ratio to shoot in, 1:1, 3:4, 16:9

3) Is there anyway to use Samsung pay in Ireland/worth it?

4) There is some kinda screen protector on mine out of the box - it really has a lot of 'scratches when the light hits it at an angle , worth buying a better screen protector? (using a UAG pathfinder case )

5) Maybe just me but finding the default Samsung keyboard, very poor at predictive swipe typing.

The 120Hz is indeed super smooth. Makes everything clearer and more crisp. Samsung are also known for their animations so that may be contributing but yeah, the 120Hz is a must imo.

I haven't noticed any issues with the camera, I tend to use 4:3 but it's more about preference. 16:9 would be a "wide-screen" photo, 4:3 64mp is just a lot more data per photo.

As far as I know, no Irish banks are accepting it yet. Keep an eye on it because if they do start accepting it, it'll work in more places than Google Pay as it doesn't use NFC, instead it sends a signal which matches your credit card swipe.

I always remove the default screen protector and don't tend to use one after. The Gorilla Glass is very strong. As long as you have a decent case and are careful not to put it in the same pocket as keys, it doesn't tend to scratch. I use Otterbox symmetry.

I don't like the default keyboard personally, I've used SwiftKey for the past few years and find it great.

Yeah, 128gb grey ultra. I haven't received a tracking number yet. I might have just moved onto the next stage of frustration!

Any update - did you receive a tracking number yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

Thanks for posting the above link. It worked for me earlier.

Any update - did you receive a tracking number yet?

Yeah, got a tracking number yesterday evening and the phone was delivered this morning. Did you get any news on your order?

Yeah, got a tracking number yesterday evening and the phone was delivered this morning. Did you get any news on your order?

Nope, not a thing!

Healers39 wrote: »
    Thanks for posting the above link. It worked for me earlier.

I thought people would find it easier than calling the help centre.

Nope, not a thing!

Ah, as I said earlier hopefully they'll send more stock out as it they get it. I was just getting my head around to the fact that I had to wait until the 25/03 or later when I realised they had shipped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Banton

Here is the manual claims link I was just sent by Samsung.

Thanks very much, this worked for me.

Ah, as I said earlier hopefully they'll send more stock out as it they get it. I was just getting my head around to the fact that I had to wait until the 25/03 or later when I realised they had shipped it.
    The way the country seems to be heading I'd say it'll be a while before I see mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

The way the country seems to be heading I'd say it'll be a while before I see mine

Same here I guess

Annoying considering Samsung UK sent out another batch for delivery today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone noticed problems receiving calls or texts with their s20? Using a 20plus on Gomo (previously an s9, never any issues) but since I got the s20 there seems to be hours delays on texts and calls going straight to voicemail (not set to divert automatically) turn phone off and back on and then call comes through

I don't think it's a network issue, as I popped the sim back to the old phone and everything is immediate, but I'm wondering if there's something hidden in settings causing the issue, anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

5500 wrote: »
    Anyone noticed problems receiving calls or texts with their s20? Using a 20plus on Gomo (previously an s9, never any issues) but since I got the s20 there seems to be hours delays on texts and calls going straight to voicemail (not set to divert automatically) turn phone off and back on and then call comes through

I don't think it's a network issue, as I popped the sim back to the old phone and everything is immediate, but I'm wondering if there's something hidden in settings causing the issue, anyone got any ideas?

Go to settings, apps, then post the 3 dots on the top right, select special access, then optimise battery usage. Scroll down through optimised apps and see if gomo is on it. If so, select it not to be optimised. Also go to adaptive notification on the same list showing optimise battery usage. And turn off adaptive notifications.
    See if that works

Last update I had was my phone was due to ship today. I've emailed Exertis to see if there's any update but waiting on a reply. Anyone else in the same boat heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Reati

Got out with the s20 ultra for some photography. Massively disappointing around.

Terrible over processing in images. Auto focus is terrible. Anything above 10x woeful. 100x isn't even fun (I never was expecting to take photos at that length) because the camera shake is so bad you need a tripod. Then anything taken at 100x is so heavily processed it looks like a cartoon filter. Night mode on a tripod last night was very hit and miss. Everyone is claiming a big software update is coming but I can't see them fixing this. It's fundamentally broken.

The 8K video was the one nice surprise. Razor sharp. Haven't tried taking a still from it.

Be my last samsung phone I'd say if this isn't fixed Lively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

For anyone waiting to send back a phone, check your spam folder, found an email there.

For anyone waiting to send back a phone, check your spam folder, found an email there.

I got the email, but it told me to wait for an envelope, still waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

I got the email, but it told me to wait for an envelope, still waiting

Got my envelope two days after the phone arrived. So sent it off last Thursday
    via regular post. Not heard anything back since.

• Advertisement

Last update I had was my phone was due to ship today. I've emailed Exertis to see if there's any update but waiting on a reply. Anyone else in the same boat heard anything?

Heard back from Exertis yesterday - they advised that 'unprecedented Demand the phone launch has been pushed back to the 25.03.2020'. Keep ignoring my question of how the launch can be delayed when others have received their phones. I'm close to just cancelling my order at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

Folks anyone using three on their S20/+/Ultra can you check if you can enable the caller ID and spam protection please? I was using this with no issue son my S8+ but since getting the new phone the option is greyed out and i cant select it. It's starting to get the better of me now haha

jones wrote: »
    Folks anyone using three on their S20/+/Ultra can you check if you can enable the caller ID and spam protection please? I was using this with no issue son my S8+ but since getting the new phone the option is greyed out and i cant select it. It's starting to get the better of me now haha

Where would I find the setting and I will check for you.

Where would I find the setting and I will check for you.

Cheers if you go to calls then settings and it should be the second option.

Cheers if you go to calls then settings and it should be the second option.

I'm with 3 and I can toggle it on and off but only if I agree to terms and conditions from a company called Hiya.

Hope this helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's greyed out for me

• Advertisement

It's greyed out for me
    "Caller ID and spam protection" greyed out for me too, I'm on GoMo btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

"Caller ID and spam protection" greyed out for me too, I'm on GoMo btw

Greyed out on mine too with Eir sim active.

I'm with three and spam protection is working for me.

Seems very random don't know what's going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

bazzz wrote: »
    Got my envelope two days after the phone arrived. So sent it off last Thursday
    via regular post. Not heard anything back since.

Sent it back today. When they scanned the label there was nothing on their system so no tracking.

I opted to pay the €8 for registered mail as the thing is worth €350. Pretty bad out of them I have to say.

• Advertisement
Advertisement