Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Galaxy S20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭jogdish

John_Mc wrote: »
    Sent it back today. When they scanned the label there was nothing on their system so no tracking.

I opted to pay the €8 for registered mail as the thing is worth €350. Pretty bad out of them I have to say.
    got mine today, are post offices open ?

No tracking!!! omg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

jogdish wrote: »
    got mine today, are post offices open ?

No tracking!!! omg

Yeah post offices are open

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Looks like us Europeans got massively mugged again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Sent it back today. When they scanned the label there was nothing on their system so no tracking.

I opted to pay the €8 for registered mail as the thing is worth €350. Pretty bad out of them I have to say.

It was the same for mine, no tracking. I sent mine off a week ago now and heard nothing back yet.

On another note. I see the Pre-order Buds+ are starting to arrive for people, over on the Samsung EU forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,175 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

bazzz wrote: »
    It was the same for mine, no tracking. I sent mine off a week ago now and heard nothing back yet.

On another note. I see the Pre-order Buds+ are starting to arrive for people, over on the Samsung EU forum.

More Ultras shipped today going by the EU forum too. Still no update on my order

Edit: Just received tracking information from Nightline

bennyx_o wrote: »
    More Ultras shipped today going by the EU forum too. Still no update on my order

Nice one, something to keep you preoccupied for the next few weeks.
    You've been vocal here and on the SS EU forums. So I've seen your plight/story,
    from the start. *touch wood.....this time tomorrow you'll be knee deep in settings;)

Off work tomorrow and Monday too, so plenty of time to get used to it! Yeah, doesn't appear to have helped in any way. I've also tweeted Samsung Ireland a number of times and been ignored except for the UK Help account tweeting back asking me to DM them, then saying they can't help me. Still don't understand how people in the UK received £50 vouchers yet we get shafted here

hope its ok to post in here, would anyone recommend the buds+ ? since the s20 is 3.5mm jackless , I wanted to have some ear plugs for just in case - long trip, need to make a hands free call etc, really like the idea of reverse wireless charging too.

Of course won't be buying till current events calm down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭jones

jogdish wrote: »
    hope its ok to post in here, would anyone recommend the buds+ ? since the s20 is 3.5mm jackless , I wanted to have some ear plugs for just in case - long trip, need to make a hands free call etc, really like the idea of reverse wireless charging too.

Of course won't be buying till current events calm down.

You get usb-c wired earphones in the box. I'm still waiting on my buds+ so can't comment on them yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Still not box arrived to post my S10 to Samsung. Anyone else still waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Still not box arrived to post my S10 to Samsung. Anyone else still waiting?

Mine arrived on Monday, did you get an email? It's not a box, it's just a bag in a letter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I got my S20+ Grey from Vodafone yesterday.

The sound from the speakers is awful, my S9+ has much better sound. And the back case vibrates with moderate to high volume, very annoying.

Think i'll return it, not happy. Lot of similar complaints online.

ShaneU wrote: »
    Mine arrived on Monday, did you get an email? It's not a box, it's just a bag in a letter

Not since 12th march saying the return Pack will arrive in 3-5 days.

I got my S20+ Grey from Vodafone yesterday.

The sound from the speakers is awful, my S9+ has much better sound. And the back case vibrates with moderate to high volume, very annoying.

Think i'll return it, not happy. Lot of similar complaints online.

I noticed the same too versus my S10

I also noticed the front camera being considerably worse. Especially when using it from WhatsApp instead of the Samsung camera app.

The only upgrade in my opinion is the 120hz mode which is a game changer.

bennyx_o wrote: »

Received no text this morning confirming a delivery time. When I contacted Nightline, they said it won't go for delivery until Monday, and when I asked about collection I was told it's not possible. So much for their 'Free Next Day Delivery'

Got my letter from Samsung to send off my S10.

No mention of having to give them the S10 charger. Free spare charger. Woo hoo :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 521 ✭✭✭username?!

Anyone know whats the story with Vodafone's stock of S20 Ultras? I have an upgrade ready to go but store online says not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

My free buds arrived today, thought it would take much longer

jay28 wrote: »

Free buds only with Samsung directly?

• Advertisement

Mine are still on "validated" and to expect another email with an update. That was about a week ago.

Sweet how long ago did you do it? Thought it'd be longer

Anyone notice that the front camera when taking a photo on Whatsapp ends up with a photo that look like it was taken with a webcam in 2010?

My S10 taking photos the same was was a million times better.

Feel like I'm paying so much money for a downgrade. Extremely disappointing..

Mines being collected on Monday by courier, going back to Vodafone, going to wait on the Note 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I wonder what do they do with the trade ins? Refurb and sell on through third parties?

Wouldn't mind a S10

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Cina wrote: »
    Looks like us Europeans got massively mugged again

Jesus the camera comparison alone is horrific. Anyone on here actually get a Snapdragon model? My order still hasn't come from Samsung Ireland and the more I read in the meantime the less I want the phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

jones wrote: »
    Sweet how long ago did you do it? Thought it'd be longer

Hopefully mine will be dispatched soon. Validated over a week and a half ago.

Also looking forward to the camera update. The focus on my S20 plus is s**t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Testament1 wrote: »
    Jesus the camera comparison alone is horrific. Anyone on here actually get a Snapdragon model? My order still hasn't come from Samsung Ireland and the more I read in the meantime the less I want the phone

I watched that video and that's a massive issue in my view. I'm still on a Note 9 myself but feeling the itch for an upgrade to either the Note 10 or Note 20 when it comes out.

Will the snapdragon variant work fine here though with network bands, texting etc?

Exynos performance is annoying but I'm not a big gamer so still going to pick up a S20 Ultra. Looks like the latest update made big improvements to the auto focus and colours. Trying to actually find one with Vodafone is now the hard part. Looks like they are out of stock everywhere, including Samsung themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Healers39

The latest update seems to have been made available. I've just downloaded it and installed it. It can be found by going into settings and scrolling down to software update then go into download and install. If its available it should be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭butrasgali

I'm have the s9 and due an upgrade..lots on here that wouldn't reccomend the new s20..plus 449 euro to upgrade..will I or wont i..?

:( had my s20 on a workbench, drilling a hole into a plug socket, the socket when flying hit the phone - thankfully only the screen protector seems to be damaged - I see a good few scratches and bubbles or air now.

Anyone know of a good screen protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

butrasgali wrote: »
    I'm have the s9 and due an upgrade..lots on here that wouldn't reccomend the new s20..plus 449 euro to upgrade..will I or wont i..?

Yeah I’m in the exact same situation. Have my S9 for nearly two years now and am due an upgrade. Wanted to get the S20+ as well, but not so sure now. The battery on the S9 is shocking now and it never was great in the first place.

The battery on the S9 is shocking now and it never was great in the first place.

My S9 is about 20 months old and still get about a day out of it. I might actually change the battery if i'm holding on to it a while longer, the process isn't the worst.

Here's my video on why my S20+ has gone back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Damn those speakers are horrible. I'm using a near 3 year old HTC U11, really don't want a step backwards in the audio department.

Healers39 wrote: »
    The latest update seems to have been made available. I've just downloaded it and installed it. It can be found by going into settings and scrolling down to software update then go into download and install. If its available it should be there.

I received the update today as well. My camera is still having focus issues. Can I return it to Vodafone even though I've used it?

If you ordered online or over the phone, you can return the handset for any reason. You will only be liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of goods beyond that necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning.

EDIT: I forgot to include within 14 days.

If you ordered online or over the phone, you can return the handset for any reason. You will only be liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling of goods beyond that necessary to establish their nature, characteristics and functioning.

Thanks for the reply. Can anyone recommend a replacement? One plus? Pixel 4xl? Etc

Thanks for the reply. Can anyone recommend a replacement? One plus? Pixel 4xl? Etc

I've just reset my camera settings in the camera app and the focus is working as per the update. I never changed and of the camera settings since I purchased the phone. The wasn't focus was poor as ever today after the update. The pic wasn't focusing at all apart from when I went to Pro mode.

I need to decide if I'm returning it. Also battery life hasn't been the best. I just get the day out of a charge, no more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

1jcdub wrote: »

I've just reset my camera settings in the camera app and the focus is working as per the update. I never changed and of the camera settings since I purchased the phone. The wasn't focus was poor as ever today after the update. The pic wasn't focusing at all apart from when I went to Pro mode.

I need to decide if I'm returning it. Also battery life hasn't been the best. I just get the day out of a charge, no more

You mustn't be putting your phone down at all during the day if the battery isn't lasting. I'd use mine a lot and still have 40%+ at the end of the day. That's with an S20+

• Advertisement

You mustn't be putting your phone down at all during the day if the battery isn't lasting. I'd use mine a lot and still have 40%+ at the end of the day. That's with an S20+

Nothing excessive usage wise. There have been a couple of days where I've been busy with emails calls etc. But in general if I unplug my charger and leave it sitting on the table for a couple of hours the charger with drop up to 10%

Are you using 120hz option? I get the day easily enough out of my S20+ and i'm quite "hard" on phones. My screen time is pretty high, 120hz enabled Galaxy watch connected all day. I find it a lovely upgrade on the S8+ - the screen is amazing and the size just perfect i think. The camera is a nice upgrade too although i dont have the Ultra so maybe that was a little more wonky.

ps have many people received their buds+ yet? I sent mine claim off on day one but still havent turned up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

My claim was validated on March 13th but I haven't heard anything and the way things are going globally I don't think I will hear anything for a good while yet.
    Are you using 120hz option? I get the day easily enough out of my S20+ and i'm quite "hard" on phones. My screen time is pretty high, 120hz enabled Galaxy watch connected all day. I find it a lovely upgrade on the S8+ - the screen is amazing and the size just perfect i think. The camera is a nice upgrade too although i dont have the Ultra so maybe that was a little more wonky.

ps have many people received their buds+ yet? I sent mine claim off on day one but still havent turned up.

Received my phone today and set it up - loving it so far. Claim for buds+ wouldn't work through the app, however, the link from the Samsung community forums worked fine and claim was validated & confirmed in no more than a minute - don;t expect to see them for a while though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 489 ✭✭kilsmum

Got my buds plus today. Sent off my claim March 10th.

Looking forward to trying them!!

Kilsmum

Received confirmation my S10 Plus trade-in was accepted. Only wait left, is for
    my Buds to come in. Still only 15 days into the 45 for them. Last year I received them in the last week. Not bothered by the wait.

Just got an email about my trade in being completed.

Can't believe Samsung basically bought my S10 minus charger etc for €500 lol.

Sent my s8 back on the 18th and still no email

ShaneU wrote: »
    Sent my s8 back on the 18th and still no email

I sent mine back the same day and received an email 3 days ago. Did you have any issues on the phone like cracked screen etc?

• Advertisement

I sent mine back the same day and received an email 3 days ago. Did you have any issues on the phone like cracked screen etc?

No, nothing wrong with it.

Advertisement