Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IAA Student Controller Program 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tristan100

SCP19 is finally starting in March 2023. This has been a loooooong recruitment process!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Staunton96

And 2022 applications open until 31st October...

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Cov

Hello there folks

I recieved an email about the online assessment for the next (or class after next) intake. Needless to say the competition is probably going to be fairly fierce, but I have a question for those of you who managed to get through all the way to the job.

Did any of you come from a civil service position, and if so were you able to keep your years of service? I understand that the IAA is semi state, and it would be great to be able to start further up the scale if I made it through.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Swabber21

I also received an email about the online assessment and i'm in the same boat with regards to having a few years built up in civil service. What does the online assessment comprise of? Is it the typical psychometric tests such as verbal and numerical tests like most jobs? Eg. gardai/nas

• Registered Users Posts: 5 neena_88

Also received the email about the online assessment and am curious to find out what it is. Link will be issued in few days so it's not a long wait but any info would be greatly appreciated! Good luck to all attending

• Advertisement

How long is the process roughly, given success at each stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭SNNUS

No it will not count, you will start on the first step of the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭horsey63

Educated guess that this would be for a class starting September 2023

Has anyone attempted the online assessment for the current campaign yet? If so, how was it?

I've just finished mine, seemed deceptively easy 🤷🏻‍♀️ It was roughly the same as the practice questions they provided. Hoping for an answer soon

• Advertisement

Reckon we will have the results by the end of this week?

Doubt it, the whole process is slow and they take their time with everything

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Tristan100

For reference, for the last competition the online assessments were to be completed before Sunday 9th February 2020.

I received an invitation on 13th February to sit the FEAST/DART on Monday 24 February 2020.

I then received confirmation on 4th March 2020 that I was progressing to the next stage.

On 10th March 2020 I was asked to complete an online work strengths questionnaire between 11th March and Sunday 22nd March.

After this everything changed due to Covid.

Thanks for the information. Just got email stating I’m progressing to FEAST Test around week of 13th Feb

I've passed as well and got the same info about FEAST test. That should be fun 😆

Congrats, Is the DART test on the same day as FEAST, providing you pass FEAST?

I'd assume so. As far as I know they tend to do them on the same day. Doubt they'd make people travel to Dublin twice

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭giseva

Hi all, does anybody know the duration of initial training in Shannon before OTJ training then commences in airports?

I know training can take up to 2 years but the IAA website states students receive €300 pw for the initial training period. There's no mention of allowances, if any, for students who then move on to on the job training, or for how many months students are required to live/learn in Shannon before further training commences. I would think that a higher rate would be given after initial training but who knows.

I know such issues are miles off for me who is yet to even sit the FEAST in Feb, but like others I'm sure, I've got bills, kids etc that I must consider. Apologies if such questions have been answered previously but I couldn't find anything scrolling back through posts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Uniform Charlie

Basic Training is 14 weeks, next you do one rating from the following depending on where controllers are needed...

Tower is 12-14 weeks,

Approach 14 - 16 weeks,

Area 16-18 weeks.

After this in Pre OJT and transitional training, again from 8 to 16 weeks depending on above rating. Also have weeks off for Xmas and between courses.

In total Tower about 9 months, Area 12 months before you go on the job training. All above in Shannon and 300 per week.

You will be paid a new allowance for OJT roughly 550 a week. OJT lasts 3 to 4 months and is shift work.. then full pay if successful.!! OJT would be whereever you will be based.

Best of luck everyone, would imagine your class starting Sep/Oct 23

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Pat Mustard23

Hi all, received an email inviting me to do the FEAST in feb. In the email it states that if I pass feast 1 will be invited to do the DART. I have read that multi control test is sometimes accompanied by this. However as it is not specified in the email and the time for the DART is 2 hours 10, do I take it there will be no multi control test? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Process22

Hey everyone, What exactly does the FEAST test comprise of? I've heard theres a section where you monitor a radar and have to ensure there is no collisions, is this true? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

You hardly know if it is just the DART in the afternoon session of testing ? Or will we be tested with the multipass too?

Does anyone know if there is a pass % for the FEAST test? eg: score above 50% to pass

My reply is based on the assessment done early 2020, once FEAST was completed you received the result not in score or %, literally yup we'll see you after lunch for Dart.

Cheers for the info. Does the FEAST have cube folding as part if it?

Yes it does

Hi I took the DART this week. Anyone have any idea how you could judge if it went good or bad? Thought I did ok on the day, had no actual collisions, but had a few near collisions which were easily solved. Any info appreciated

• Advertisement

2 hours and 10 mins allotted for it. The test itself was only 45minutes.

Advertisement