Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart heating control without Internet

• 05-02-2020 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,123 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to remotely control the gas heating in a commercial premises that doesn't have an Internet connection.

I believe the Climote is an option as it uses the mobile phone network?

Are there any other options I could consider?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭LenWoods

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    I'm looking to remotely control the gas heating in a commercial premises that doesn't have an Internet connection.

I believe the Climote is an option as it uses the mobile phone network?

Are there any other options I could consider?

Thanks.
    Hi,
    I have the climote fitted and can confirm it functions wirelessly using a built in sim card supplied with the unit,
    The only downside is there can only be one registered app user,
    Every other user has to use a text code communication to the heating controller,

Alternatively you could fit a sim card router to the place of which your looking to control across the internet
    However this would ofcourse carry a monthly fee; where the climote doesn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,635 ✭✭✭✭ted1

LenWoods wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have the climote fitted and can confirm it functions wirelessly using a built in sim card supplied with the unit,
    Every other user has to use a text code communication to the heating controller,

Alternatively you could fit a sim card router to the place of which your looking to control across the internet

Pretty sure that’s incorrect. And my siblings have the app controlling my parents house on their phones. It may be a case of using the same login details

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

From bonkers.ie: At the initial purchase and installation stage, you'll pay €399 for a Climote system if you buy directly from Climote. This includes a €19 fee you'll pay for remote access for your first year. Remote access costs €36 per year for subsequent years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Hi,

You can have a few people using the website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Four of us in our home have the app without issue. It also works with Alexa but as op doesn't have WiFi this feature won't be important

• Advertisement
Advertisement