Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Gomo

Options
  • 05-02-2020 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi all,

My other half accidentally signed up to GoMo twice. He signed up on the first day and the website was acting up and anyway he ended up getting 2 sims in the post. He contacted them to ask could one be cancelled, they said no problem. For the last 3/4 months they have continuously failed to cancel one sim and charge him for two every month. He flags this with them each and every time and they apologise and say it will be cancelled. Low and behold tonight he has been charged twice again.

Does anyone know where we could escalate this to as we are getting absolutely nowhere with GoMo!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Hi all,

My other half accidentally signed up to GoMo twice. He signed up on the first day and the website was acting up and anyway he ended up getting 2 sims in the post. He contacted them to ask could one be cancelled, they said no problem. For the last 3/4 months they have continuously failed to cancel one sim and charge him for two every month. He flags this with them each and every time and they apologise and say it will be cancelled. Low and behold tonight he has been charged twice again.

Does anyone know where we could escalate this to as we are getting absolutely nowhere with GoMo!

Thanks in advance!

easiest way is to change card payment to revolut and keep balance at zero. won't be able to take money from your account

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Same situation.

Lesson is never deal with eir again.

The easiest fix is to change the expiration date of the credit card they have on file.

This way they can't collect payment.

Don't expect it to be rectified soon - I cancelled early Nov and still no reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Xwebstar

Darc19 wrote: »
    Same situation.

The easiest fix is to change the expiration date of the credit card they have on file.

Eir one of those companies you can never leave

I still get a text every month about my nonexistent bill

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Crunchy Friends

Same situation.

He cancelled early November too - bonkers! I'll go on his account now and change the expiry as you advised - thanks for the advice everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Squiggle

ComReg should be able to help you sort it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

Unpacked gomo sim today Installed it in dongle first & connected to iPhone and Jen installed sim in iPad then, wouldn't work in either 'safari cannot connect to the server' Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Did you put the APN settings in? This is totally the wrong forum for this question, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭MintyMagnum

L1011 wrote: »
    Did you put the APN settings in? This is totally the wrong forum for this question, though.

Tks for reply Feel free to move
    Know nothing about APN grateful if anyone can explain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Same situation.

Eir and it's customer care service aren't even funny,at gunpoint I would not ever even contemplate joining them in any shape or form, they're truly inept

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

The GoMo SIM won't work with Windows 10, reason being you can't configure the MPN in the APN (Mobile Advanced) settings.

So you are likely stuck with the primary networks, those I know to work are Vodafone and Three Ireland. Three are having issues last week or so, but broadband configured beforehand is working most of the time. Otherwise you are number 280 in the queue...

• Advertisement
Advertisement