Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is the Kippure transmitter being shut down?

• 05-02-2020 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭

Getting the message in the EPG that it is, in March. Every programme, every channel.

Had to re-tune to Three Rock to get the normal EPG but I lose RTE 1 when I do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

It's just changing frequencies. The new ones (chs. 34 & 35) are already being transmitted alongside the old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,708 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Enter your eircode here - https://www.saorview.ie/en/changes and here on the Saorview coverage checker - https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

If the eircode doesn't work correctly for the coverage checker just enter your address in the search box, hit search and and on the map put the marker on your house.

Aerial upgrade may be required if after you retune your TV it isn't tuning in the new frequencies from Kippure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

The Cush wrote: »
    Enter your eircode here - https://www.saorview.ie/en/changes

Aerial upgrade may be required if after you retune your TV it isn't tuning in the new frequencies from Kippure.

Saorview coverage checker - https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

yesterday I entered my eircode and the site seems to think I live over a hundred miles away in co offaly.

yesterday I entered my eircode and the site seems to think I live over a hundred miles away in co offaly.

No problems here with my eircode.

No problems here with my eircode.

123 miles off to be exact, Cadamstown in Offaly

• Advertisement

123 miles off to be exact, Cadamstown in Offaly

Where does the eircode finder locate you?

Where does the eircode finder locate you?

I live in deepest darkest Mayo yet the eircode finder seems to think im Offaly far away in Cadamstown.

I live in deepest darkest Mayo yet the eircode finder seems to think im Offaly far away in Cadamstown.

Eircode issue, I would get an email off to them.

What eircode does the eircode finder give for your current location?

Eircode issue, I would get an email off to them.

Does an eircode need to be case sensitive? I tried with capitals and it worked fine, Google maps works either way.

Does an eircode need to be case sensitive? I tried with capitals and it worked fine, Google maps works either way.

Not case sensitive.

What eircode does the eircode finder give for your current location

• Advertisement

Not case sensitive.

What eircode does the eircode finder give for your current location

Ok defo a problem with finder you linked so, as in the Saorview website.

Ok defo a problem with finder you linked so, as in the Saorview website.

The Saorview location data is eircode data so the problem has to fixed by the eircode people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

You must be my neighbour, it has me in Cadamstown too, though my house is pretty new. I’m nowhere near Offaly. If it doesn’t recognise the eircode, it places you in the middle of the country. The problem lies with the saorview website

You must be my neighbour, it has me in Cadamstown too, though my house is pretty new. I’m nowhere near Offaly. If it doesn’t recognise the eircode, it places you in the middle of the country. The problem lies with the saorview website

Hey neighbour!
    It doesn't surprise me it is Saorview after all.

It doesn't surprise me it is Saorview after all.

Saorview isn't the problem, eircode is the problem.

Report the issue here - https://finder.eircode.ie/#/help

The problem isn’t the eircode. My eircode is just fine on the eircode site, it’s not ok on the saorview site... ergo...

The problem isn’t the eircode. My eircode is just fine on the eircode site, it’s not ok on the saorview site... ergo...

It is for keepalive213, whose post I was replying to.

It is for keepalive213, whose post I was replying to.

I bet his eircode is fine on the eircode website too.

My eircode has never caused any issues and is used regularly... maybe fire off an email to Saorview about their dodgy search function? I don't care what you pretend to believe, im out.

His post

• Advertisement

Yeah grand never any issues

My eircode has never caused any issues and is used regularly... maybe fire off an email to Saorview about their dodgy search function? I don't care what you pretend to believe, im out.

The eircode finder has nothing to do with Saorview, it is part of the Dept of Communications, Saorview pay a fee to use their data.

His post

The eircode finder on the saorview website!

The eircode finder on the saorview website!

Crossed wires, eircode finder is a Dept of Comms website, you're referring to the location search on the Saorview coverage checker website

eircode finder here - https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

Crossed wires, eircode finder is a Dept of Comms website, you're referring to the location search on the Saorview coverage checker website

eircode finder here - https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

Issues with your eircode on the Saorview website is an issue for Saorview if your eircode is correct otherwise. Instead of using your eircode just enter your address and zoom in and put the marker on your house.

Because of the now, finally obvious, issues with the Eircode search function on the Saorview website, id suggest you edit once again the post where you recommend it, removing said link until such time as it works properly for everyone. Just in case it causes more crossed wires.

Because of the now, finally obvious, issues with the Eircode search function on the Saorview website, id suggest you edit once again the post where you recommend it, removing said link until such time as it works properly for everyone. Just in case it causes more crossed wires.

As i said previously my eircode works fine on the Saorview coverage checker website but as you can see on the site there is no reference to using eircode and I have already updated my post to search by address also.

The frequency change website however does request an eircode.

As for crossed wires, I assumed most people knew what the eircode finder website was, I use it regularly otherwise I would have included the link in my reply.

As i said previously my eircode works fine on the Saorview coverage checker website but as you can see on the site there is no reference to using eircode and I have already updated my post to search by address also.

The frequency change website however does request an eircode.

As for crossed wires, I assumed most people knew what the eircode finder website was, I use it regularly otherwise I would have included the link in my reply.

The Saorview website link you recommended originally has a faulty search function, which has the potential to mislead people.
    You should delete it until such time as the problem is rectified, as your personal assumptions or experiences have little to no bearing on the current situation.

The Saorview website link you recommended originally has a faulty search function, which has the potential to mislead people.
    You should delete it until such time as the problem is rectified, as your personal assumptions or experiences have little to no bearing on the current situation.

My own experience of the search function is that the eircode search function works correctly. I would suggest you contact Saorview regarding your and Dogg Munde issue with the site, there may be a fault with the eircode date file from the Dept of Communications they may not be aware of.

My own experience of the search function is that the eircode search function works correctly. I would suggest you contact Saorview regarding your and Dogg Munde issue with the site, there may be a fault with the eircode date file from the Dept of Communications they may not be aware of.

I'll do that and in the meantime are you going to remove the misleading link you inadvertently posted.

• Advertisement

I'll do that

Can you post any feedback from Saorview?

Can you post any feedback from Saorview?

Not at 1am I cant, you can highlight and delete anytime though.

Not at 1am I cant, you can highlight and delete anytime though.

I will await the reply from Saorview.

I will await the reply from Saorview.

Are they in Offaly too?
    You were proven wrong, get over it, im out.

Advertisement