Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Angle Grinder Arrived Today

Options
2»

Comments

Stigura wrote: »
    < People; Please feel free to move along, should the below look beyond ye concentration span. Perhaps that of a Halting Site? :) >

A friendly word of advice. This is a discussion forum. People can disagree with you, as in any discussion in life. You might want to leave off on telling everyone to move along just because they're not agreeing with you. You start discussions and it seems like you just don't like people disagreeing with you, but that's just life, you know?
    Did I ever tell ye the one about the time I got a Hoof Disc for one? Vicious looking, copper coloured thing. Think like a flying saucer with the coating of a cheese grater.

No, you didn't. But it shows you should know better at this stage, to be honest.
    ....Specifically told the lad ~ good lad ~ I wanted to rub a mm or two off a little slab of post mix. 8 x 3". He said it'd be grand.

Fire away so. For anyone else stumbling onto this discussion, get a segmented grinding disk if you're looking to grind concrete. They're not expensive.

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/segmented-diamond-grinding-cup-125-x-22-2mm/4108v

They're available quite a bit cheaper than that if you look around.
    I'll wear my full face visor and keep my parts out of the way :eek:

Which is good advice. Better advice would be to use the right tool for the job also, rather than telling war stories and shrugging off the good advice well intentioned folks try to offer for EVERYONE'S benefit. Which is surely the purpose of this forum generally.

Anyway, mind yourself and hope it all goes to plan tomorrow. This oul' trap of yours is a long time in the works and it's always nice to get something done by yourself, so I wish you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,063 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Skims down page, reads "femoral artery", exits thread left.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Reading this thread brings me way back to the

WHAT IN THE HELL ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT SKETCH in the Jerry Ryan radio show .

if anyone remembers it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭Stigura

JayZeus wrote: »
    ..... hope it all goes to plan tomorrow. This oul' trap of yours is a long time in the works and it's always nice to get something done by yourself, so I wish you well.

Thanks. But, last night? freak Domino Effect amongst Dogs. One bloody near took a finger off. Absolutely No Blame. Total Accident!

But, hell yeah! I won't be typing any essays, or doing much else, for a day or two now!

Traps are cryptic things. Good news is; I'm set to get thirty more starling boxes out, in the next few weeks! :D

Bloody finger though!

Advertisement