Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid terrace / end of terrace house, back garden access

Options
  • 06-02-2020 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

End of terrace house has back garden access via a side gate while a mid terrace has no back garden access (just via the house).

Should there be much of a price difference between a mid or end of terrace house?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Holysock

End of terrace house has back garden access via a side gate while a mid terrace has no back garden access (just via the house).

Should there be much of a price difference between a mid or end of terrace house?

I recently purchased in an new build estate where the 3 bed terraces were being sold with a €15k-25k difference between the mid terrace and end terrace. The end terraces adjacent to the open space with slightly bigger gardens were €25k more than the mid terraces while the end terraces adjacent to other end terraces were €15k more. I can't say if thats usual but it's what I noted.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭rachaelf750

Holysock wrote: »
    I recently purchased in an new build estate where the 3 bed terraces were being sold with a €15k-25k difference between the mid terrace and end terrace. The end terraces adjacent to the open space with slightly bigger gardens were €25k more than the mid terraces while the end terraces adjacent to other end terraces were €15k more. I can't say if thats usual but it's what I noted.

So it fair to assume a terraced house would be approximately 10-15,000 cheaper than an end of terrace house or a house with rear garden access.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

So it fair to assume a terraced house would be approximately 10-15,000 cheaper than an end of terrace house or a house with rear garden access.

I'd say it's more of a percentage thing rather than a fixed amount..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

A side entrance can never be added to a terraced house so priceless in my opinion! But I would have thought 10% extra maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

It's a dose with bins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭ittakestwo

I would say 10% more if all else equal.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,958 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I live in a terraced house. Lucky enough to have a properly maintained (by Council) back lane so we have a garage and double gate into the back garden. Perfect for us.

But I agree, a terraced house will always be less expensive (assuming no access from a laneway), than an end of terrace. Cannot say what the reduction would be though.

Advertisement