Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More homeless fake news.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

focus ireland research, for the purposes of the research the term "homeless" was held to apply to over 10k people

two pinches of salt, then. each pinch to be delivered in a lorry.

edit- im also struggling, but not struggling very hard tbh given yr record, to see where the point is.

im not saying housing is good in this country- its ****ed and fg bear responsibility.

build houses. tens of thousands of houses. social houses.

im saying hysteria and bolloxology over 10k homeless is just that, and helps nobody

If you can prove them liars, please do otherwise that's your 'feeling'.
    Even Varadkar and FG concede theres a homeless and housing crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Anyone ever see that heroin addict begging in dublin who pretends to cry, really loud? it's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

Your post is the most pathetic thing I have ever ever seen!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

“I never said I was poor. I said I was homeless. I get benefits the same as everyone else. I just haven’t got enough to get a home.
    "The State is robbing us alive, it's robbing everybody alive. This Government needs to resign.

https://mobile.twitter.com/cllrpaddymckee/status/1050095981834973191?lang=en

The 2 quotes above are attributed to the same person who’s social welfare income is outlined in that tweet (hint: she has never worked a day in her miserable life but is pulling in as much on someone earning 80k a year before tax).

Look at that one example ( we can pull Erica Fleming up next, another poster child) and tell me you still believe the “poor” 10k homeless figure.

P.s: Calling it a crisis is exactly the hysteria the media wants to whip up, 10000k people claiming homelessness is still only 0.2% of the total population. Not exactly a headline grabber when viewed like that is it?

Blaze420 wrote: »
    https://mobile.twitter.com/cllrpaddymckee/status/1050095981834973191?lang=en

The 2 quotes above are attributed to the same person who’s social welfare income is outlined in that tweet (hint: she has never worked a day in her miserable life but is pulling in as much on someone earning 80k a year before tax).

Look at that one example ( we can pull Erica Fleming up next, another poster child) and tell me you still believe the “poor” 10k homeless figure.

P.s: Calling it a crisis is exactly the hysteria the media wants to whip up, 10000k people claiming homelessness is still only 0.2% of the total population. Not exactly a headline grabber when viewed like that is it?

And if I cite Dara Murphy can we assume the great majority of TD's are not turning up to work?
    These little chancer of the week stories are designed to rile up the foreva home lobby and make them feel okay about voting FF/FG IMO.

Tell FG. They accept it is.
    It is a crisis. What would you call record breaking numbers? People pretending? :rolleyes:

non sequitur after non sequitur

theyre working you too hard lad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If you can't afford a family then don't have one.....

Jaysus she looks at least in 40s and him 50s.

Have they ever worked a day in their life or are they the new scourge on the tax payer.... Well not so new but more are jumping into the gravy train....

And if I cite Dara Murphy can we assume the great majority of TD's are not turning up to work?
    These little chancer of the week stories are designed to rile up the foreva home lobby and make them feel okay about voting FF/FG IMO.

Tell FG. They accept it is.
    It is a crisis. What would you call record breaking numbers? People pretending? :rolleyes:

Open your eyes man and look it with a bit of logic, are you as naive as you come across?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭mr_fegelien

Is it just me or do all the homeless have a strong inner city accent, have you ever seen one with a South Dublin accent?

Not trying to troll but genuine in this question.

non sequitur after non sequitur

theyre working you too hard lad

Dodge duck dive and dodge ;)

Is it just me or do all the homeless have a strong inner city accent, have you ever seen one with a South Dublin accent?

Less wealthy homeless oddly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Anyone ever see that heroin addict begging in dublin who pretends to cry, really loud? it's the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

Fcuking hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

It's gas that all these people enraged about 'de homeless' are posting from warm comfy beds or air con offices and never had to choose which doorway to sleep in their lives.

Neither have 95% of the people on the ‘10,000+’ homeless list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Neither have 95% of the people on the ‘10,000+’ homeless list.

If the list is so good what's stopping you joining? serious question.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Your South Dublin accent has many safety nets your strong inner city has very few

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

smurgen wrote: »

Firstly im too late, this game has to start in your teens when your ma teaches you how to game the system, secondly im not a woman or the kind of lad that goes round throwing kids into half the dole queue, thirdly I believe people have a responsibility to work and contribute to their families and support themselves so I find it morally wrong , lastly it would only get me a gaf next to those people I want to get as far away from as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Oddly enough yes. Just before the Shelbourne hotel outside some art auction house, I'd frequently pass a female in her late 30s sitting against the phonebox looking for change. She had a pretty distinct middle class south Dublin accent and wasn't all that shabbily presented, although there was obvious pain in her voice.

The first time I passed her I thought she was putting it on, but I passed her enough times to realize she was a genuine case. Alchohol / drugs misuse perhaps, I dunno. But, yes, even middle class south dubliners can end up homeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Quite a few people have made quite a bit of money out of the “homelessness crisis” but I think the interested parties over played their hand too much on occasion ( too many incidents of journalists apparently supplying tents and sleeping bags to people not satisfied with the accommodation they’ve been offered, for various reasons those reasons not always being valid, so they could take their pictures in the tent, or in the car, to put on page 3 of the paper) and now most people accept that while there’s definitely problems finding suitable accommodation in general, that there appears to be lots of empty houses with no one wanting them, and all is maybe not as it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

smurgen wrote: »

Wouldnt be able to whinge as much.

Same as those always whinging about how the dole is soooooo much better than working yet wont take up the dole :pac:

pjohnson wrote: »
    Wouldnt be able to whinge as much.

Same as those always whinging about how the dole is soooooo much better than working yet wont take up the dole :pac:

I think people who are working full time and whose taxes fund these people to sit around all day on their holes have every right to “whinge” about it.

The real lol happens when those welfare people start shouting about gubbermint this and that - when the lazy bastards have never contributed a ****ing red cent to the country.

splinter65 wrote: »
    Quite a few people have made quite a bit of money out of the “homelessness crisis”

We hear this quite a bit. Who's making shedloads of cash out of this? Are we talking staff at the Peter McVerry trust getting paid 35k a year? Would you like a homeless alleviation charity to pay full-time staff poverty wages?

• Advertisement

Plenty of homeless from South of the river in D8.

I think people who are working full time and whose taxes fund these people to sit around all day on their holes have every right to “whinge” about it.

The real lol happens when those welfare people start shouting about gubbermint this and that - when the lazy bastards have never contributed a ****ing red cent to the country.

You really are a bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Yurt! wrote: »
    Oddly enough yes. Just before the Shelbourne hotel outside some art auction house, I'd frequently pass a female in her late 30s sitting against the phonebox looking for change. She had a pretty distinct middle class south Dublin accent and wasn't all that shabbily presented, although there was obvious pain in her voice.

The first time I passed her I thought she was putting it on, but I passed her enough times to realize she was a genuine case. Alchohol / drugs misuse perhaps, I dunno. But, yes, even middle class south dubliners can end up homeless.

Alcohol/drugs/bad mental health are not respectful of the class divide. The interested parties of the homelessness crisis business did a very good job for a long time of persuading the very kind general public that addiction issues were not a factor in rough sleeping and begging. But I think most people know now that it is.
    Mind you I still see the odd “there’s children dying on our streets!” comments on facebook posts about refugees being housed or some such.

Yurt! wrote: »
    You really are a bore.

You can get lost, not wasting time debating anything with someone who can’t even form a coherent response to the posts they quote.

I will say one thing about the Peter McVarry trust. There are very difficult to deal with and rarely cooperate with the HSE which ironically hurts homeless people who they are supposed to be advocating for.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Well the "working full time" part is amusing considering a lot of them are practically on boards full time whinging about their taxes and how great every one elses life is.

Yet they choose to be miserable so they can whinge. If you believe a word they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Surely the homeless industry turning over 120m a year every year could buy a pregnant woman a modest house

Or would that be solving the homeless problem

But they don't want to see that happening anytime soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

The fella hadnt worked in 10 years. They have never contrivuted a thing yet they will get their free house.

Another reason to show FG/FF the door.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Well the "working full time" part is amusing considering a lot of them are practically on boards full time whinging about their taxes and how great every one elses life is.

Yet they choose to be miserable so they can whinge. If you believe a word they say.

Maybe they are pissed off at the inequality of the welfare system against those who work and pay their way? I have to pay 100e a month for medication I need, they get it for what - a bank busting 50c or 1e?

I have to work 5 days a week to receive a paycheck at the end of the month that is littered in taxes - taxes that are used to fund these ****ing wasters sailing by in life without a care in the world.

Working people have every right to be pissed off or comment on this.

• Advertisement

Surely the homeless industry turning over 120m a year every year could buy a pregnant woman a modest house

Or would that be solving the homeless problem

But they don't want to see that happening anytime soon

Absolutely - remember Apollo House and every hand wringing moron coming out to support it? Did they ever find out where the 190k that was donated disappeared to??

Advertisement