Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More homeless fake news.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

There's a segment of society who seem to still have the 'shuuur der's no jobs around anyway', despite that not having been true for several years now.

When I finished college I was on the dole for a few months (combined with working any hours I could get in my part time job). I then took a job in a bookies for 9months- because I wanted to be working. Bring at home all day wasn't doing anything for my mental health or my self worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

How do the papers get away with such lies?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/pregnant-dublin-woman-living-flimsy-21439983?fbclid=IwAR21W4e_C7ouFAKvosx84baW3rTl_2ewOxnF9M0YEvJGjl-5wvPymwEJD5g

"Pregnant Dublin woman living in flimsy tent challenges Taoiseach over homeless hell"

Nice headline grabber, then right conveniently at the end it actually saumys:

"A DRHE spokeswoman added last night: “I can confirm this couple were offered emergency accommodation when they recently presented to homeless services, but did not wish to take up this offer. They have since been offered alternative emergency accommodation and have accepted this offer.”

So basically she isn't living in a tent.

You're shocked that a tabloid did this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

There's no homeless crisis, just a scounger crisis.

You don't cure that disease by feeding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭optogirl

There's no homeless crisis, just a scounger crisis.

You don't cure that disease by feeding it.

Families presenting as homeless because landlord is raising rent/'renovating'/letting the nephew move in/selling up etc are scroungers? Fascinating take you have on life. Must be a real joy to be you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

optogirl wrote: »
    Families presenting as homeless because landlord is raising rent/'renovating'/letting the nephew move in/selling up etc are scroungers? Fascinating take you have on life. Must be a real joy to be you.

In many cases it suits their own needs or agenda.

Obviously not everyone is scamming but there are a high number absolutely milking the system dry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

optogirl wrote: »
    Families presenting as homeless because landlord is raising rent/'renovating'/letting the nephew move in/selling up etc are scroungers?Fascinating take you have on life. Must be a real joy to be you.

This happened to me and my wife as well. You know what we did? We went and rented another house, imagine that! Suppose it’s easier these days just to shrug off personal responsibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

The streets are getting pretty packed with all these 10,000 rough sleepers.

When will the madness end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Absolutely. I don’t for a second believe the 10k figure is anywhere near a genuine total (if they were being truthful I’d assume that figure would be down around 5-6k) but I also don’t believe there aren’t people in there who have fallen on times. Personal experience over the last couple of weeks has shown me though that more likely than not, a large portion of that 10k are nothing but spoofers with their hands out for free ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

In many cases it suits their own needs or agenda.

Obviously not everyone is scamming but there are a high number absolutely milking the system dry.

Ah, 'in many cases'. Solid, solid hard evidence ;)

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

Great point. These houses will also be for hard working tax payers who can't manage high rents. Remember them? FG didn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ah, 'in many cases'. Solid, solid hard evidence ;)

Maggy cash is one, many others before her and after her...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Blaze420 wrote: »
    This happened to me and my wife as well. You know what we did? We went and rented another house, imagine that! Suppose it’s easier these days just to shrug off personal responsibility.

ahh but see here youre not a chain smoking alcoholic single mother with 5 kids, a horse, 2 dogs and a cat who needs a house with a massive garden on HAP and near the red luas line but not in that one estate where you have a fued with another single mother , you made responsible decisions , thats braincell priviledge.

ahh but see here youre not a chain smoking alcoholic single mother with 5 kids, a horse, 2 dogs and a cat who needs a house with a massive garden on HAP and near the red luas line but not in that one estate where you have a fued with another single mother , you made responsible decisions , thats braincell priviledge.

What about tax payers? Every one of these apologist excuses for hitting people in need of state aid ignores tax payers.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

What about tax payers? Every one of these apologist excuses for hitting people in need of state aid ignores tax payers.

tax payers all suffer these people and bankrolling their lifestyles every day, every single paycheck looking at tax paid is a reminded that these people are being funded.

Advertisement