Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are you voting for? Secret Poll

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

tipptom wrote: »
    Tipperary is on again.
    Mrs Skehan rip is staying on the ballot paper and if elected it will lead to a bye election within 6 months.

They should take the lady off it and cut the nonsense. They could place a sticker over the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ghostbusters25

Sinn Fein pulling away with a massive lead!

The plot thickens *rolls eyes at easily manipulated poll

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

SF currently have 68% of the vote so I’d suggest the sock puppetry accusations might be best investigated closer to home for you.

And these posters accuse people of been undemocratic when saying a bad word about SF.

The hypocrisy knows no bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Ferm001

Old SF tactic from up North "Vote early, and vote often". :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

And these posters accuse people of been undemocratic when saying a bad word about SF.

The hypocrisy knows no bounds.

You alright hun?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

FG about to win in a landslide based on this poll

Pulse of the nation here on boards

I know I forgot the greens but am I being accused of setting this up to help Sinn Fein?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,971 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

They should take the lady off it and cut the nonsense. They could place a sticker over the name.

Under what law?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

lawred2 wrote: »
    FG about to win in a landslide based on this poll

Pulse of the nation here on boards

What poor feckers are voting FG?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,562 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

skimpydoo wrote:
    What poor feckers are voting FG?

Fg will be grand, they ll still get a ****e load of votes, and might still find themselves 'in government' after all this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭oceanman

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Fg will be grand, they ll still get a ****e load of votes, and might still find themselves 'in government' after all this
    hopefully not....Christ we need a change.

oceanman wrote:

Oh we need a change alright, but ff and fg don't be liking that kinna stuff, expect shenanigans from both of them over the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

oceanman wrote: »

Better the devil you know.

Better the devil you know.

Yup, change will definitely occur with the same devil's

• Registered Users Posts: 15,580 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Yeah, I can’t wait for Fianna Fáil to get back in.

Because whatever happens our government will be made up of one or the other. That’s what people are failing to realise...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Yup, change will definitely occur with the same devil's

Only change I'm looking for is Peter Casey to prop up FG and become minister for health.
    I'd like Leo to stay for longer opening hours and kickstart the Irish Marijuana boom.

Only change I'm looking for is Peter Casey to prop up FG and become minister for health.
    I'd like Leo to stay for longer opening hours and kickstart the Irish Marijuana boom.

disappointment awaits you

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

FG for me, best of a bad lot.

But what kind of change so we need?
    The country has actually bounced back in the years FG have been in government.
    I'm not saying that's all down to the government, but what kind of change would we need?

bubblypop wrote: »
    But what kind of change so we need?
    The country has actually bounced back in the years FG have been in government.
    I'm not saying that's all down to the government, but what kind of change would we need?

has it really?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

has it really?

Yes it has. FG might not be for you but it’s factual to say that the country has bounced back since the dark days of 2011 going from bankruptcy and close to 20% unemployment to full employment and a surplus again

slegs wrote: »
    Yes it has. FG might not be for you but it’s factual to say that the country has bounced back since the dark days of 2011 going from bankruptcy and close to 20% unemployment to full employment and a surplus again

again, the country wasnt actually bankrupt, it was in fact the banks that were bankrupt due to being over leveraged. employment rates only show certain aspects of our employment market, they do not show aspects such as the increase in precarious employment for some. we truly need to move away from the whole nature of budget surpluses and balanced budgets, again, its important to remember, the public finances werent in too bad of shape prior to the crash, we were regularly running balanced budgets, even slight surpluses at times. this obviously prevented a downturn!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

again, the country wasnt actually bankrupt, it was in fact the banks that were bankrupt due to being over leveraged. employment rates only show certain aspects of our employment market, they do not show aspects such as the increase in precarious employment for some. we truly need to move away from the whole nature of budget surpluses and balanced budgets, again, its important to remember, the public finances werent in too bad of shape prior to the crash, we were regularly running balanced budgets, even slight surpluses at times. this obviously prevented a downturn!

The FF bank guarantee ensured that the bank's problems became public problems.

So maybe not bankrupt but definitely insolvent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

You are bankrupt if as a country you have to bailed out by the IMF and EU. What caused this to happen is a whole other conversation but bottom line we couldn’t meet our outgoings therefore we were bankrupt

We do not have full employment. A truly tiresome claim.

lawred2 wrote: »
    The FF bank guarantee ensured that the bank's problems became public problems.

So maybe not bankrupt but definitely insolvent.
    slegs wrote: »
    You are bankrupt if as a country you have to bailed out by the IMF and EU. What caused this to happen is a whole other conversation but bottom line we couldn’t meet our outgoings therefore we were bankrupt

again, this was actually a banking problem, not really a public financing problem, even though our government at the time played a significant role in its occurrence, oh, and ff will be in government in the very near future, whether we like it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

We do not have full employment. A truly tiresome claim.

4 vacancies in my office for the last 6 months, ranging from entry level to experienced professional - no applicants.

5 apprenticeship spots available in our factory - no applicants.

A very small sample size, but compared to the 500 applications we got for one entry level post in 2013, it tells a bit of a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Greyfox

FG for me, best of a bad lot.

And that's telling FG that been mediocre is perfectly ok and that they dont need to improve.

FG for me. Making steady progress in most areas. Country has bounced back as stated above.
    We don’t need change, we need consistency.

Interesting to see FG dominating. Is the silent vote going to happen on Saturday? Or is it just boards demographics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

4 vacancies in my office for the last 6 months, ranging from entry level to experienced professional - no applicants.

5 apprenticeship spots available in our factory - no applicants.

A very small sample size, but compared to the 500 applications we got for one entry level post in 2013, it tells a bit of a story.

I actually believe some people want to go back to those days just to have a moan and be negative.

They seem to thrive on doom and gloom.

Advertisement