Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are you voting for? Secret Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

FG for me. Making steady progress in most areas. Country has bounced back as stated above.
    We don’t need change, we need consistency.

Interesting to see FG dominating. Is the silent vote going to happen on Saturday? Or is it just boards demographics?

i suspect fg wont turn out to be as bad as the official pools, i suspect they ll be in second behind ff, leaving sf nowhere near government, leaving us with possibly another confidence and supply

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Fg will be grand, they ll still get a ****e load of votes, and might still find themselves 'in government' after all this

Not according to senior party members.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/a-fking-disaster-fine-gael-source-blasts-d4-boys-as-party-set-to-lose-15-seats-980300.html

The campaign has been a fúckíng disaster,” said one senior party figure. “The D4 boys ran it again and it hasn’t worked. Blame nine years all you like, we made things difficult for ourselves.

Boggles wrote: »

yea they ve had a very poor campaign, elements showing a fairly significant disconnect from what the public are thinking, their social media campaign has been diabolical, they ll need to do a lot of thinking about it after the fact

yea they ve had a very poor campaign, elements showing a fairly significant disconnect from what the public are thinking, their social media campaign has been diabolical, they ll need to do a lot of thinking about it after the fact

The "storm" might actually give them a lifeline.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

No it wont be the storm. It will be your usual noisemaker on social media. Something will come up on Saturday......There will be an excuse made and they won't bother voting.

Then they will trun around and moan for the next 5 years

• Advertisement

piplip87 wrote: »
    No it wont be the storm. It will be your usual noisemaker on social media. Something will come up on Saturday......There will be an excuse made and they won't bother voting.

It's pretty established fact at this stage that adverse weather conditions have a negative effect on turn out, which usually benefits the incumbents or the established parties.

Some blowhard on Twitter was never a viable vote to begin with. The chances of them ever having been polled is slim.

Online polls are not reliable, just look at this one.

It will be FF, FG and SF as the 3 largest parties.

FF with the Greens and some others for the next government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

These boards polls are always great fun and I've even made one myself, making sure to get all the spellings right, correct description etc ..... but I've learnt that these polls don't really reflect anything other than the opinions of boards.ie posters.

Top marks to the creator of this mammoth poll✓

But real world/real polls are another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,581 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

piplip87 wrote: »

Ah the match was on, and it was pi$$ing rain, sure der all bleedin muppets anyway......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Dunno seems SF are the most popular party in all the age groups below 55, if the weather's a bit crap, lot of the order generation (FF/FG traditional voters) might not venture out.

McMurphy wrote: »
    Dunno seems SF are the most popular party in all the age groups below 55, if the weather's a bit crap, lot of the order generation (FF/FG traditional voters) might not venture out.

theres a very good chance sf wont be in government anytime soon, ff and fg wont allow that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

FG for me as always. FF I don’t trust given how they brought the economy to its knees and SF I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole for obvious reasons.

I don’t think SF are going to get anywhere near the landslide victory everyone seems to think they will either.

Most likely it will be some combination of FG and FF.

Anyone who seriously believes Mary Lou McDonald is going to rise into Leinster House on a white horse and solve everything overnight is seriously deluding themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

theres a very good chance sf wont be in government anytime soon, ff and fg wont allow that

I'm not expecting them to be in govt in 2020, but they're steadily eroding the stranglehold FFG have on the electorate vote share.

FG for me as always. FF I don’t trust given how they brought the economy to its knees and SF I wouldn’t touch with a barge pole for obvious reasons.

I don’t think SF are going to get anywhere near the landslide victory everyone seems to think they will either.

Most likely it will be some combination of FG and FF.

Anyone who seriously believes Mary Lou McDonald is going to rise into Leinster House and solve everything overnight is seriously deluding themselves.

i dont think thats the case

i dont think thats the case

If AH and social media in general is anything to go by it is unfortunately.

But again I really think people are getting ahead of themselves.

McMurphy wrote: »

Maybe. But.

Many younger voters sitting on their couch watching Netflix may look out the window and say "fúck that".

All the elder voters in my circle would vote if an asteroid was heading towards us.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭orchard farm

Change Simon coveney with David Cullinan in the brexit talks. Thats one change we dont need

• Registered Users Posts: 10,889 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I see the poll has now arrived at the same trend as previous ones with FG and SF way over represented and FF way underrepresented

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I will be surprised if Sinn Fein don't top this poll.

These boards polls are always great fun and I've even made one myself, making sure to get all the spellings right, correct description etc ..... but I've learnt that these polls don't really reflect anything other than the opinions of boards.ie posters.

Top marks to the creator of this mammoth poll✓

But real world/real polls are another story.

Thank you. It’s just for fun really.

Let’s pretend the above votes are the results of the election. Who’s getting into bed with who?

Thank you. It’s just for fun really.

Let’s pretend the above votes are the results of the election. Who’s getting into bed with who?

Given that both FG and FF have said they will never go into government with SF I would think it’ll most likely be as it currently is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

Given that both FG and FF have said they will never go into government with SF I would think it’ll most likely be as it currently is.

Looks like there's enough votes there for some form of FG / Lab / Green / SD coalition without FF involvement though.

But Sinn Fein have a large percentage of our (hypothetical) poll. They would really be doing their large amount of voters a disservice by not going into a coalition this time round.

All parties need to understand that they are governing on behalf of all people and need to take into consideration the way everyone voted. I don’t think any party should be saying they won’t form a government with X if X has a large percentage of the votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

But Sinn Fein have a large percentage of our (hypothetical) poll. They would really be doing their large amount of voters a disservice by not going into a coalition this time round.

All parties need to understand that they are governing on behalf of all people and need to take into consideration the way everyone voted. I don’t think any party should be saying they won’t form a government with X if X has a large percentage of the votes.
    You always get big SF numbers in online polls, it's the demographic that votes in them. The numbers can be achieved without involving SF. Most of their policies are completely at odds with the main two parties and then there's that historical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They're the serial opposition party. Easy to promise free houses and taxes only for the rich when you don't have to implement anything. Look at Shane Ross or the Greens for examples of when serial opposition personas are faced with actually having to make decisions.

Much and all as I'm worried about them ****ing it up, maybe it's good for them to have power just once so their naive membership base can see what lies behind the promises.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,003 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Voting FG and FF in that order.
    Will give preferences down the line to everyone except loony left like SF/PBP etc and also except morons like Renua/Aontu

• Registered Users Posts: 22,003 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I will be surprised if Sinn Fein don't top this poll.
    Looks like boards has more sensible people than those questioned by MRBI etc, as SF are not topping the poll!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    can anyone here answer this?
    Is it possible to find polling data for your local constituency? I'd like to see how the opinion polls look to see if i should vote tactically or just based purely on my own preference.

The best one is the PaddyPower constituency betting market. This will show you what the money is going on.

silver2020 wrote: »
    The best one is the PaddyPower constituency betting market. This will show you what the money is going on.

I didn’t think of that. Here’s link to constituencies

https://www.paddypower.com/politics?tab=irish-constituencies

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

totally unscientific, but interesting to see trends.

I'll guess that majority of those indicating are under 50 (not all :):) )

Is FG getting a silent vote - they don't want to say it publically, but when it comes to the ballot it will be different.

Is FF getting the opposite - people remember the recession, would like to vote FF cos they like MM, but there's still a lack of trust.

SF - usually they get top of these types of polls as the older generation do not vote SF, so to be second is interesting.

Two good bets - FG to get more than 35.5 seats, evs - SF to get less than 28.5 seats, evs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Billcarson

ELM327 wrote: »
    Voting FG and FF in that order.
    Will give preferences down the line to everyone except loony left like SF/PBP etc and also except morons like Renua/Aontu

I will be doing the opposite. Voting for sf and giving preferences down the line except to ff,fg and labour.

Advertisement