Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are you voting for? Secret Poll

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

It appears the FF voters are every bit as shy online as they are in most polls... unfortunately :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Way ahead of you. I've stuck money on FG most seats, and Leo being the Taoiseach after the election.

Too obvious lad if you want to troll you have to be subtle.
    Although admitting you willingly voted Number 1 for someone who completely disrespected everyone that is dealing with autism demonstrates why people believe FG and their supporters are arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

McMurphy wrote: »
    Ireland developing a space program involving getting a manned mission to Venus before August would have better odds tbh.

You're a fantasist.

Maybe I am, but I want and believe that FG will be returned to power.

Not gonna happen unfortunately, people want change and it appears that 'change' is going to be FF...

A stint in opposition will do them no harm though, I don't want a confidence & supply with FF.

Let SF pony up this time out - if they have the seats and FF want to deal with the devil that is

Too obvious lad if you want to troll you have to be subtle.
    Although admitting you willingly voted Number 1 for someone who completely disrespected everyone that is dealing with autism demonstrates why people believe FG and their supporters are arrogant.

Jesus Christ. It was not offensive what she said. It was blown completely out of proportion and everyone knows the context in how she meant it.

Also, heres proof of my bets. I'm not trolling!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

My kids want stuff from, and believe in Santa.

You're a FG superfan, great.

In other news, i was reading today that various ministers seats are in jeopardy, including Charlie Flanagan, Eoghan Murphy, Paschal Donohoe and Simon Harris.

Jesus Christ. It was not offensive what she said. It was blown completely out of proportion and everyone knows the context in how she meant it.

Also, heres proof of my bets. I'm not trolling!

Of course you're not trolling,lol. I wouldn't expect you to confirm it but your behaviour is obvious.
    What context does describing Leo as autistic fall under?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Necro wrote: »
    It appears the FF voters are every bit as shy online as they are in most polls... unfortunately :/

Very unfortunate. I cannot understand people who vote FF. After the financial crisis, the bail out, IMF not to mention the unprecedented scale of corruption including Taoiseach Bertie Ahern who said he had no bank account when he was minister for Finance, Charlie Haughey, P Flynn, Liam Lawlor, FF have been in government for the vast majority of the existence of the Irish state and their legacy has been that of corruption, emigration, economic backwardness or boom and bust and yet people still vote for this shower of clowns.

McMurphy wrote: »
    My kids want stuff from, and believe in Santa.

You're a FG superfan, great.

In other news, i was reading today that various ministers seats are in jeopardy, including Charlie Flanagan, Eoghan Murphy, Paschal Donohoe and Simon Harris.

If pascal goes it will be a disaster. He's the best Finance minister in a long time

What context does describing Leo as autistic fall under?

It's a descriptive word. Autistic people have Autistic ways, and being socially awkward is one of them. Everyone knows what she meant, but chose not to

• Advertisement

It's a descriptive word. Autistic people have Autistic ways, and being socially awkward is one of them. Everyone knows what she meant, but chose not to

Fair play you're sounding as obnoxious as Noone now. You're only 24 you may grow out if it. Noone unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭CPTM

I went FG and Green. A coalition with those 2 would be my ideal outcome. I can't believe the economics of other parties and FF would be just embarrassing after their last time in Government.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

CPTM wrote: »
    I went FG and Green. A coalition with those 2 would be my ideal outcome. I can't believe the economics of other parties and FF would be just embarrassing after their last time in Government.

If FF bring it all crashing back down again... LOL!

If pascal goes it will be a disaster. He's the best Finance minister in a long time

Actually Noonan did all the heavy lifting, Donohoe just slotted in after him.

Actually Noonan did all the heavy lifting, Donohoe just slotted in after him.

Ah Noonan the hero of the vulture funds.

Ah Noonan the hero of the vulture funds.

As opposed to what?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Green & Independents. I know FG/FF will get in again and nothing will change. I'm a public servant, so would never vote SF as their economic policy would probably result in my eventual lay off if they got into power.

As opposed to what?

No idea what you comment is supposed to mean, but Noonan was happy for mortgage holders who were in difficulty to be thrown to the mercy of the vulture funds.

Very unfortunate. I cannot understand people who vote FF. After the financial crisis, the bail out, IMF not to mention the unprecedented scale of corruption including Taoiseach Bertie Ahern who said he had no bank account when he was minister for Finance, Charlie Haughey, P Flynn, Liam Lawlor, FF have been in government for the vast majority of the existence of the Irish state and their legacy has been that of corruption, emigration, economic backwardness or boom and bust and yet people still vote for this shower of clowns.

It's gonna happen again, unfortunately. FF have the grey vote on lockdown and have for a long long time, they are always very generous when it comes to that section of society. Ditto with farmers.

FG are the better party, despite their failings - but I've accepted that after 9 years people want to change things up. Probably won't be for the better but maybe, finally they'll realise that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

1. Green
    2. Independent
    3. FG

No S.F. running in my constituency.
    Would have been no. 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Ok I was in the local pub in rural county Limerick this evening between 3 and 6, any of the people I met had voted either FF or SF, all big against voting FG

No idea what your comment is supposed to mean, but Noonan was happy for mortgage holders who were in difficulty to be thrown to the mercy of the vulture funds.

Mortgage holders thrown to vulture funds??? Are you referring to the banks selling their loan books or vulture funds buying assets from nama at a fraction of their loan value?

GoneHome wrote: »
    Ok I was in the local pub in rural county Limerick this evening between 3 and 6, any of the people I met had voted either FF or SF, all big against voting FG

Rural Ireland is generally FF, there is almost nothing FF could do in some of these constituencies for people not to vote for them.

They fixed the road ffs.

https://youtu.be/cjl8OIZijjY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

1. Green
    2. Independent
    3. FG

Would have been no. 1.

SF are going to be kicking themselves they didn’t run more candidates

Rural Ireland is generally FF, there is almost nothing FF could do in some of these constituencies for people not to vote for them.

I know :(

I'm in one of them and it makes me ill

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭4Ad

1.Green
    2.Independant

Necro wrote: »
    I know :(

I'm in one of them and it makes me ill

Why does it make you ill, democracey is democracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Can I ask why people are voting green? Is it because mad Eamon said “our planet is on fire and we’re the fire brigade” or something similar

1. Green
    2. Independent
    3. FG

Would have been no. 1.

FF 1, SF 2, we'll see how it goes, but as a lifelong FF voter I must say Micheal Martin's anti-SF bias is gratting with me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭macwal

Mr Tickle wrote: »
    can anyone here answer this?
    Is it possible to find polling data for your local constituency? I'd like to see how the opinion polls look to see if i should vote tactically or just based purely on my own preference.

I believe you should vote for whoever you think will get the least amount of votes...

After all, we don't want any losers, just winners and runners up...

Advertisement