Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are you voting for? Secret Poll

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Voted Sf number one and sd number two. Had zero interest in the faces down the rest of the ballot.. the weather was beautiful this morning in Dublin bay north!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I voted

1. PBP
    2. PBP
    3. SD
    4. SF
    5. LAB

Fuk FG/FF/GP

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭LillyIsland

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I voted

1. PBP
    2. PBP
    3. SD
    4. SF
    5. LAB

Fuk FG/FF/GP

Whats so bad about the green party?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭This is it

1. FG
    2. FG
    3. Greens

• Registered Users Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not offering free houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

I gave them my No. 1 vote in 2007 and then saw them happily form a government with an institutionally corrupt FF party and they sat back and watched Bertie BS about his finances and sat back for 24 MONTHS letting the country sink into the hand of the IMF. Once and never again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You don't remember them in government with FF? It's because of the Green Party that we are choking on Diesel fumes. They were in government during the banking crisis, bank guarantee scheme, bond holders and while the Troika paid us a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Propped up the gangster party Fianna Faíl and ignored the corruption staring them in the face.
    Trevor Sargent was the last Green party member with any principles and he left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭tibruit

This is an unscientific poll but still I`m surprised at how poorly FF are doing. If FG and SF were neck and neck ahead of FF even by only a few percentage points, then FG would be in a strong position to win the most seats. Currently 12/1 with Paddy Power. Are there any other polls out there in internet land?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

tibruit wrote: »
    This is an unscientific poll but still I`m surprised at how poorly FF are doing. If FG and SF were neck and neck ahead of FF even by only a few percentage points, then FG would be in a strong position to win the most seats. Currently 12/1 with Paddy Power. Are there any other polls out there in internet land?

Another poll on the Journal has SF & FG ahead of FF.

Poll: Who will be getting your number one vote on the ballot paper? https://jrnl.ie/4997943

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,574 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

tibruit wrote: »
    This is an unscientific poll but still I`m surprised at how poorly FF are doing.

Real-world FF voters likely older, not mad into this new-fangled Internet yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Real-world FF voters likely older, not mad into this new-fangled Internet yoke

I really don't know what that means, I'm mid-40s as are my two brothers and we all voted for FF today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Ohmeha wrote: »
    I gave them my No. 1 vote in 2007 and then saw them happily form a government with an institutionally corrupt FF party and they sat back and watched Bertie BS about his finances and sat back for 24 MONTHS letting the country sink into the hand of the IMF. Once and never again

In that case should you not be more annoyed at FF?

GoneHome wrote: »
    I really don't know what that means, I'm mid-40s as are my two brothers and we all voted for FF today

Why would you vote FF other than for tribalism?

Think they in terms of likelihood to vote in the Boards poll

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Can I ask why people are voting green? Is it because mad Eamon said “our planet is on fire and we’re the fire brigade” or something similar

They come across as genuine and as if they believe what they're saying unlike the rest of the clowns spouting populist nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I'll never understand people who vote for the same party every election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Why would you vote FF other than for tribalism?

Democracy is a c$$gt isn't it, half of us should be left without a vote...................

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Democracy is a c$$gt isn't it, half of us should be left without a vote...................

75% should. Those who don't vote FG should lose their vote.

Not sure what you mean by that exactly but I just don’t understand why people would vote FF. They ran the public finances into the ground and were riddled with cronyism and corruption. Charlie Haughey, Bertie Ahern as minister for finance who said he had no bank account and that the money he got was a dog out from friends, P Flynn, Liam Lawlor. They’ve been in government for the majority of the time since the formation of the Irish state and most of the time it was either emigration, economic backwardness and then we had the IMF and all that went with that. What more do you need to discourage you from voting FF?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Amazing those content with a failed health service, failed housing policy, zero investment in pubic transport, dysfunctional insurance market, fraudulent insurance claims, dubious expense claims etc etc

That's before you get to NAMA and sweetheart deals for corporate property investors...

I'd love to see what would upset you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Yet you claimed not to be trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

lawred2 wrote: »
    Amazing those content with a failed health service, failed housing policy, zero investment in pubic transport, dysfunctional insurance market, fraudulent insurance claims, dubious expense claims etc etc

That's before you get to NAMA and sweetheart deals for corporate property investors...

But we're told no one else can fix so we should stick with this lot. Mad ted

All of those have been around before FG and those sweetheart deals are one of the reasons the Irish economy recovered so quickly but your probably too young to remember all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Voting for a party that bankrupted the country? Why would you do that? They have actually demonstrated to you, several times, their venality, cronyism, corruption and ultimately incompetence.

All of those have been around before FG and those sweetheart deals are one of the reasons the Irish economy recovered so quickly but your probably too young to remember all that.

Deluded

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Voting for a party that bankrupted the country? Why would you do that? They have actually demonstrated to you, several times, their venality, cronyism, corruption and ultimately incompetence.

There's no point, I have mates that are entrenched in FF, one blames FG for the crash because they weren't strong enough opposition, as if that somehow makes sense.

It's pointless arguing with him, his local FF lad is a family friend and there's no changing his mind

Yet people in mostly rural Ireland continue to vote for them out of pure tribalism.

Deluded

Facts

• Advertisement

Facts

I know. I'm not in the habit of listing untruths.

Advertisement