Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are you voting for? Secret Poll

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I went Greens, Soc Dems, SF in that order. Rise up comrades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

lawred2 wrote: »
    I know. I'm not in the habit of listing untruths.

Well then which one of those items you mentioned didn’t exist before the previous government?

Let’s see your list of “truths”

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Well then which one of those items you mentioned didn’t exist before the previous government?

Let’s see your list of “truths”

Fairly low bar really. What's the point of a decade of governance if you only make things worse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Voting for a party that bankrupted the country? Why would you do that? They have actually demonstrated to you, several times, their venality, cronyism, corruption and ultimately incompetence.

Perhaps, but I was never effected by any of that, living in a rural part of the country, from my point of view it's only been really f$$ckd up since Leo and his cronies got into power, they don't give a f**k about rural Ireland, that's why I voted for FF

GoneHome wrote: »
    Perhaps, but I was never effected by any of that, living in a rural part of the country, from my point of view it's only been really f$$ckd up since Leo and his cronies got into power, they don't give a f**k about rural Ireland, that's why I voted for FF

Well FF have been in government for approx 80 out of 100 years. Was life better for rural Ireland during that time, were local economies in rural Ireland booming, during that time did they invest in local infrastructure? That’s what I can’t understand about rural Ireland, why do they continue to vote FF when they have done nothing for rural Ireland other than play local politics?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

And you don't give a **** about anyone but yourself. Your vote makes sense in that case and is the reason the country is screwed. I don't think you have any grasp of what's going on and makes me wonder why you think your tuppence worth is of any value to anyone.

lawred2 wrote: »
    Fairly low bar really. What's the point of a decade of governance if you only make things worse?

You’re absolutely right! As long as you ignore the unemployment rate, the employment rate, the tax take, GNP, GDP, exports, rates of people going into arrears and any other economic metric then yes they made things worse.

And you don't give a **** about anyone but yourself. Your vote makes sense in that case and is the reason the country is screwed. I don't think you have any grasp of what's going on and makes me wonder why you think your tuppence worth is of any value to anyone.

It’s not just that, it’s the fact that he accepted that FF had a disproportionate number of corrupt politicians and they crashed the economy but “none of that effected me so I voted for them anyway”. It makes you wonder why he did vote FF that if their corruption and incompetence wasn’t enough for him not to vote for FF?

Jesus that's a nice attitude to have, mind your blood pressure there....... bloody hell no need for such agression we're living in a democracey

Jesus that's a nice attitude to have, mind your blood pressure there....... bloody hell no need for such agression we're living in a democracey

Yes but you need to address the issue...

• Advertisement

Yes but you need to address the issue...

Ok I live in a rural part of Co Limerick, we both work in Limerick city, a 45 minute drive away, we've a nice modest bungalow here in the sticks, 3 miles from the nearest village, it cost us €105,000 a few years back, put us to the pin of our collur to buy it plus a few bob to do it up, it can be done and these people giving out about the price of rent etc in Dublin should open there minds and see that theres a life beyond the Pale and that yes maybe we vote for the local FF candidate who looks after our local area

Ok I live in a rural part of Co Limerick, we both work in Limerick city, a 45 minute drive away, we've a nice modest bungalow here in the sticks, 3 miles from the nearest village, it cost us €105,000 a few years back, put us to the pin of our collur to buy it plus a few bob to do it up, it can be done and these people giving out about the price of rent etc in Dublin should open there minds and see that theres a life beyond the Pale and that yes maybe we vote for the local FF candidate who looks after our local area

But look after the local area how? Is the place booking with jobs, agriculture, infrastructure?
    Do you even know why you voted FF?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

yes maybe we vote for the local FF candidate who looks after our local area

Thats a problem though. It is a reliable maxim that one should never vote for a TD that looks after the local area. If they are doing so, they are doing so at the expense of the greater country which sooner or later will pay a high price. Look at Kerry and the HealyRaes - is there a link between gombeenism, its consquences, and the protest vote that SF has attracted ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

It’s not just that, it’s the fact that he accepted that FF had a disproportionate number of corrupt politicians and they crashed the economy but “none of that effected me so I voted for them anyway”. It makes you wonder why he did vote FF that if their corruption and incompetence wasn’t enough for him not to vote for FF?

I cant understand why Leo or Mary Lou would not have countered Michael Martin with that in any of the debates where it would have stopped him in his tracks and imo Michael Martin is the beat debater of the three by a country mile.

They could easily say to him that he is the leader of "the most corrupt party in the history of the state" with no fear of contradiction.

Martin himself has a lot of questions to clarify from his own performance in tribunals that the Irish media refused to take him to task over.
    This is a damning indictment of where a free press is in Ireland at the moment and serious questions needs to be asked about this after this election.

But no one is going to address it because you will have the people back in power that benefits from it and the agenda ridden press certainly wont.

tipptom wrote: »
    I cant understand why Leo or Mary Lou would not have countered Michael Martin with that in any of the debates where it would have stopped him in his tracks and imo Michael Martin is the beat debater of the three by a country mile.

They could easily say to him that he is the leader of "the most corrupt party in the history of the state" with no fear of contradiction.

Martin himself has a lot of questions to clarify from his own performance in tribunals that the Irish media refused to take him to task over.
    This is a damning indictment of where a free press is in Ireland at the moment and serious questions needs to be asked about this after this election.

But no one is going to address it because you will have the people back in power that benefits from it and the agenda ridden press certainly wont.

Because Martin would probably raise the issue of SF links to serious criminality, i.e. murder, extortion, bank robberies, arms dealings which is something that a lot of people are willing to overlook and vote for SF because they want a free gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Because Martin would probably raise the issue of SF links to serious criminality, i.e. murder, extortion, bank robberies, arms dealings which is something that a lot of people are willing to overlook and vote for SF because they want a free gaff.

Any interview with Martin on TV or radio he was allowed rant about SF for at least half of the interview on these things,it was extraordinary.
    Any decent interviwer after challenged McDonald about Paul Quinn would have counterbalanced that by asking Martin about his leaders assertion that Paul Quinn was involve in criminality and backed it up with that his information was from Garda and security sources.

Mrs Quinns is a lonely house this weekend after FF/FF/Irish media used her for a power push.

The only time Martin was asked about FF and corruption was on RTE with a single question about Bertie,he said he didn't know about it and that was it,when the dogs on the street knew it and he went to the Aras on a Saturday night to prevent the corruption storys coming out in the tribunal that week

Nothing about his own time in the tribunals or the 20k Owen o Callaghan gave him for the party in Cork which he gave to his wife and she banked it in her own account in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Can I ask why people are voting green? Is it because mad Eamon said “our planet is on fire and we’re the fire brigade” or something similar
    Or maybe it's because they had worked out that our planet is on fire before Eamonn said anything?

I'll never understand people who vote for the same party every election.
    What's the problem? If people have a particular set of values, why wouldn't they vote for these values every time? It seems more rational than flip-flopping based on whoever has broken their promises most recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I went Greens, Soc Dems, SF in that order. Rise up comrades.

How do you feel about the Green Party putting Fianna Faíl and Fine Gael back in to power? Using your vote to do so.

Advertisement