Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My laptop keeps waking up in the middle of the night...

• 06-02-2020 12:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 421 ✭✭

I have an ASUS laptop, Windows 10. I used to never have to shut it down every day, now I do.

I don't know if it was an automatic update or something but for the last couple of months when I'd close the lid, it would wake me up every night around 2am, making a fan swirling noise, it would stop and I'd fall back to sleep and then 15 mins later start again.

I'd eventually have to get up, open the lid and the screen would be on and wait patiently for 2-3 minutes for it to shut down.

I remember most days now to shut it down but yesterday I forgot and just closed the lid to sleep but on queue at 2am it woke me right up.

Anyone know why it's doing this and how I can stop it, I'm constantly working on stuff and to be honest its a nuisance having to shut down and close all my programmes every day and start everything up again the following morning.

I've had the laptop a few years but this is only happening the last few months.

Thank you.

Comments

Advertisement