Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Up to date info on pay-as-you-go Gym & Pool ?

• 06-02-2020 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I know this question has been asked before but in fairness places open and close and pricing, facilities and other factors change etc.

I'd be coming off the Motorway anywhere between Finnegans roundabout and Mungret - Would rather not have to go near town due to getting caught in traffic.

Ideally hoping for a pool that has steamroom and sauna also.

Thanks in advance people :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

University of Limerick in that case would be a good place to start.

http://www.ulsport.ie/ularena/facilities/national-50m-swimming-pool/

Trafficwise though depends on the time of the day. Around 4pm to 6pm the place is mental for traffic Mon-Fri, outside of that you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Thanks Berty - I was never mad about the whole UL setup, I'm not entirely sure why, freezing pool, bleak changing rooms, packed gym, odd atmosphere or something!?

It's been years though maybe its changed since?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Thanks Berty - I was never mad about the whole UL setup, I'm not entirely sure why, freezing pool, bleak changing rooms, packed gym, odd atmosphere or something!?

Not really. Its grand, gym is too small though for the amount that go in there. Not much good to you but I much prefer Planet Health's setup and they are far from perfect there either. Pool is heated too and usually nice and quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

The maldron hotel has a pool and gym, been a few years since I was there but might be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Maniac2020

Mango Joe wrote: »

Nope...not been in there in about a year but sounds about right from what you have described.

Pool was fine don't mind the cold - gym was way too packed to get anything done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement