Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A1 Driving Test - suitable bike?

Options
  • 06-02-2020 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I've got a Royal Alloy scooter 125cc. I'm wondering would it meet the requirements for the A1 driving test? The list of suitable bikes on the RSA website looks as if it hasn't been updated in years. There are similar sized Vespas on the list, so hoping mine would make the cut.

Performance
    Max Speed: 65MPH
    Max Power: 9.2kw @ 7000rpm
    Vehicle Weight: 140Kg
    Max Weight Limit: 250kg
    Light System: LED, Halogen
    Fuel Economy: 100MPG
    Fuel Capacity: 11.0L

Engine & Transmission
    Ignition System: Delphi EFI
    Engine Brand: Royal Alloy
    Gearbox: CVT
    Gear Type: Automatic
    Engine Type: Air Cooled
    Displacment: 124cc
    Engine Stroke: 4 Stroke
    Clutch Type: NA
    Start Type: Electric Start
    Drive Type: Belt

https://www.speedwaymotorcycles.co.uk/scooters/retro/royal-alloy-gp-125cc-bronze/

Link to a picture of the scooter. Can anyone shed some light?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

Yes your scooter is suitable for a category A1 test.

Bring a printout of the spec with you on the day if its not on tge RSA list.

If you passed a test on it you would get a full licence for automatics only (licence code 78)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 scsei

Roadcraft wrote: »
    Yes your scooter is suitable for a category A1 test.

Bring a printout of the spec with you on the day if its not on tge RSA list.

If you passed a test on it you would get a full licence for automatics only (licence code 78)

Do you think a print out of the link above will suffice, as long as it shows the vehicle specs?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Roadcraft

Yes good idea to bring it with you anyway but you shouldn't need it.

Advertisement