Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoin Harris on Newstalk just now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

But it will never be tedious for the victims families though, as their loved ones can never be brought back, so it's only right that every election another Republican skeleton is produced, if for no other reason than to let the youth know what went before in the name of Sinn Fein and the PIRA.

I'm sure at some point in the future the Shinners will get into power here (as my generation die off) the memories fade, & the 'baggage & bad memory free' youth take over & vote them into power .....

Seems to me the 'youth' have seen through the victim exploitation for what it is.
    And they will get a good demonstration (as they did when Mairia Cahill passed her usefulness date) what happens to those victims when the powerful are finished with them after this election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,281 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Correct. No other party attempted to address the ordinary persons needs.

Sinn Fein are filling a gapping hole, right place, right time.

I just wish they'd fill that gaping hole in the middle of Mary Lou's face, to stop that awful drone . . .

Such a wind bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

I just wish they'd fill that gaping hole in the middle of Mary Lou's face, to stop that awful drone . . .

Such a wind bag.

They're all windbags. Was coerced into attending a debate between various politicians recently. It was worse than a really long boring mass.

I'm an intelligent and educated person, and I've decided to give SF a go this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Seems to me the 'youth' have seen through the victim exploitation for what it is.
    And they will get a good demonstration (as they did when Mairia Cahill passed her usefulness date) what happens to those victims when the powerful are finished with them after this election.

Oh FG will be too busy creaming expenses to keep in touch should any of them need help.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Have the Shinners explained how they will fund their Santa's wish list?

A quick totting up of the promises on the RTE summary of their manifesto revealed they need to find 7 billion euro.
    Each year.

• Advertisement

Rodin wrote: »
    I'm sorry you were under the impression that I needed the difference explained to me.
    I CHOSE to use the word "morbidity". I didn't mistakenly use it thinking it meant something else.

Perhaps, because you chose to use the COPD reference you could explain to this mere mortal the intricacies of V/Q perfusion ratios and sure just what exactly is the difference between haemoglobin and methemoglobin anyway ?

I presume you are referring to VQ mismatch. I haven't worked in respiratory since 2015. But essentially it's where part of the lung receives oxygen but there isn't blood flow to that part of the lung. It is mainly caused by COPD or pulmonary embolism. Treatment varies depending on cause.

Methemoglobin cannot bind oxygen. Haemoglobin can. Treatment if severe enough would be methylene blue. But I am only a humble pharmacist who hasn't worked in the area in a while so please correct me if I'm wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

I presume you are referring to VQ mismatch. I haven't worked in respiratory since 2015. But essentially it's where part of the lung receives oxygen but there isn't blood flow to that part of the lung. It is mainly caused by COPD or pulmonary embolism. Treatment varies depending on cause.

Methemoglobin cannot bind oxygen. Haemoglobin can. Treatment if severe enough would be methylene blue. But I am only a humble pharmacist who hasn't worked in the area in a while so please correct me if I'm wrong :)

So, Eoin Harris is gone a bit too mad!

I never asked you about mismatch. I asked you about perfusion ratios.
    Even school children are taught to read the question.

And if people die from smoking-induced COPD, that's hardly FG's fault. The fault (as it so often does) lies squarely with the smoker. The biggest cause of morbidity is lifestyle related illness. Not politicial party ineptness.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

How about that Harris guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Oh dear, you've messed up there, check back and you'll see I did not get the victims name wrong.

You're defending Sinn Fein & the IRA, right?

Not defending SF couldn't give a shiny sh*te about them.
    You referred to Mary Lou and the Paul Murphy affair.
    Paul Quinn was the victim and Conor Murphy is the POS who dragged his character through the mud. As I said you could care less about Paul Quinn other than what purpose his death can serve your agenda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

And Harris is the man to continue furthering the agenda of his FG superiors.

There's a confusion here . The 'Harris' referred to is firmly in the FF camp -his weekly columns are like FF press releases. He was bought by Bertie Ahern with a Senate seat.

Not defending SF couldn't give a shiny sh*te about them.
    You referred to Mary Lou and the Paul Murphy affair.
    Paul Quinn was the victim and Conor Murphy is the POS who dragged his character through the mud. As I said you could care less about Paul Quinn other than what purpose his death can serve your agenda

Are you American?

And if people die from smoking-induced COPD, that's hardly FG's fault. The fault (as it so often does) lies squarely with the smoker. The biggest cause of morbidity is lifestyle related illness. Not politicial party ineptness.

But if people die from hiring freezes in the HSE in 2019. It's FGs fault. Got ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,312 ✭✭✭✭endacl

greenpilot wrote: »
    I'm going to give SF a go.
    I'm not. Even playing along with the fantasy that they weren't connected to the provos, I'm old enough to remember the SF responses to the sickening acts carried out in the name of their twisted philosophies.

Oddly enough, I like a lot of their candidates as people. If they were running as independents, or as members of other parties, I'd likely throw them a vote. But never Sinn Féin.

Ever.

I'll leave that to the kids, and those with shorter memories and even shorter consciences.

But if people die from hiring freezes in the HSE in 2019. It's FGs fault. Got ya!

You can't prove cause and consequence.
    I could similarly claim that the number of people in direct provision went up at the same time and therefore that's to blame. The diversion of funds to that and away from the health service caused more people to die...

Bringing politics in to health care is morally reprehensible. The real truth is that none of the parties are capable of doing what is required in the health service because the people of Ireland won't allow them to do what's required.

You can't prove cause and consequence.
    I could similarly claim that the number of people in direct provision went up at the same time and therefore that's to blame. The diversion of funds to that and away from the health service caused more people to die...

It sad to see a doctor defending how shocking the HSE actually is. Hand on heart, from your experience, are you saying that reduced nurses/patient does not directly impact on patient care/mortality.

I find that a bit sad that you could be that out of touch. Some of us in the HSE are trying to make it more cost effective and increase patient safety.

Are you American?

Relevance?

Relevance?

Could care less.

Could care less.

Then why ask? Strange behaviour.

It sad to see a doctor defending how shocking the HSE actually is. Hand on heart, from your experience, are you saying that reduced nurses/patient does not directly impact on patient care/mortality.

I find that a bit sad that you could be that out of touch. Some of us in the HSE are trying to make it more cost effective and increase patient safety.

I don't believe I was defending the HSE.
    It has many problems. One being where resources are allocated. There is massive waste and inefficiency.
    Too many hospitals (but not enough beds) for a start.

• Advertisement

Bringing politics in to health care is morally reprehensible. The real truth is that none of the parties are capable of doing what is required in the health service because the people of Ireland won't allow them to do what's required.

So we should bury our head in the sand about the money mismanaged with relation to children's hospital because talking about how the government oversaw this is morally reprehensible?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/childrens-hospital-overcost-4408765-Dec2018/%3famp=1

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/states-fiscal-incontinence-is-deeply-worrying/

So we should bury our head in the sand about the money mismanaged with relation to children's hospital because talking about how the government oversaw this is morally reprehensible?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/childrens-hospital-overcost-4408765-Dec2018/%3famp=1

http://www.davidmcwilliams.ie/states-fiscal-incontinence-is-deeply-worrying/

I believe you said people died because of FG.
    If you think any one of the political parties can fix the health service then I think you're deluded.

FG weren't in charge here...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hospital-surprised-by-department-s-concern-about-budget-overrun-1.202928?mode=amp

Then why ask? Strange behaviour.

"Could care less" is a grammatically defunct Americanism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

almostover wrote: »
    It's attitudes like this that make a United Ireland a distant dream.....

Thank goodness for that.

"Could care less" is a grammatically defunct Americanism.

So instead of challenging what a poster writes you wish to make it about the language used. There is a word to describe your behaviour but i'm not interested in receiving an infraction. Have a good one.

So instead of challenging what a poster writes you wish to make it about the language used. There is a word to describe your behaviour but i'm not interested in receiving an infraction. Have a good one.

I only asked if you were American because you were using American language.
    If you're not American, but instead an Irish person that uses Americanisms... well now I know.

But I agree Paul Quinn was a victim. Poor lad got an awful death.

I only asked if you were American because you were using American language.
    If you're not American, but instead an Irish person that uses Americanisms... well now I know.

Life as a pedantic must be very difficult. I'll leave it there, reply if you wish but I 'm done responding to you.

Just saw your edit, we are in agreement as to the horrific circumstances of Paul's death and I personally hope his killers see the inside of a court followed again hopefully by prison.
    My youngest son is 20 close in age to Paul before his death and in my eyes still a kid.

I believe you said people died because of FG.
    If you think any one of the political parties can fix the health service then I think you're deluded.

FG weren't in charge here...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/hospital-surprised-by-department-s-concern-about-budget-overrun-1.202928?mode=amp

So that was 15 million pounds in 1998. The children's hospital was announced in 2016 at a cost of 650 million. It is not been increased to over 1.7 billion as of 2019 and will probably cost more than 2 billion when finished. How can you not see how taking that much out of the healthcare budget hurt patient care? The HSE hiring freeze was directly related to the rising costs of the children hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Oh dear, you've messed up there, check back and you'll see I did not get the victims name wrong.

You're defending Sinn Fein & the IRA, right?
    But you did, faux outrage

• Advertisement

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    But you did, faux outrage

Wait until Sunday, the majority of the outraged here and the media will be saying Paul who?

Advertisement