Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoin Harris on Newstalk just now

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Phew. I'll sleep soundly tonight knowing that.

Gee, I woudnt. In a head to head murder race, it puts SF/IRA ahead at the moment. Now thats scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/barristers-cannot-discriminate-against-clients-on-the-basis-of-politics-bar-council-says-1.4165454

I can imagine the howls of outrage if some barrister connected to FF or FG refused to represent an SFer... so he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

Dafuq you going on about?

The only people damning him this morning was Leo, and then Regina Doherty, who made a complete and utter asshat out of herself on the radio this morning, being outraged that JOC represented Adam's.

If he refused to represent someone based on their political views/race/religion or sexuality, they'd be damned right to call him out, but Regina somehow lacks the common knowledge to understand this.

Gee, I woudnt. In a head to head murder race, it puts SF/IRA ahead at the moment. Now thats scary.

"At the moment" circa 1934?

I find it amusing so many are willing to engage with someone with the initials T.R.O.L. without at least looking at the individuals posting history.
    Your posts are somewhat clever also somewhat ignorant of the past, but surely you could offer a genuine comment without resorting to mirroring your username.

I think people just focus on the unfortunate initials when they cannot quibble with the point of the post itself. They are unsettled, so resort to a crude personal jibe. Its effectively a white flag that they agree with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I think people just focus on the unfortunate initials when they cannot quibble with the point of the post itself. They are unsettled, so resort to a crude personal jibe. Its effectively a white flag that they agree with me.

You'll have to forgive me but I never argue with an idiot, as they will drag you down to their level and beat you with their expertise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭UDAWINNER

Che ? Its an unarguable fact. Sure, the Nazis killed more people after taking power than the SF/IRA have, but up to the point of being part of a government, the NSDAP had killed fewer people.
    Are you well making comments like that, did you take your tablets today or have too many scoops? With comments like you should be considered too stupid to vote. Take a break is my advice

No, in their equivalent polticical journeys, 1933 for the NSDAP, 2020 for SF/IRA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

See Time Travelers always trip themselves up. They get mixed up with the tenses.

Is there a such thing as a Time Traveler Traveler? Who's looking after the horse?

UDAWINNER wrote: »
    Are you well making comments like that, did you take your tablets today or have too many scoops? With comments like you should be considered too stupid to vote. Take a break is my advice

Due you see an inaccuracy in the statement ?

Due you see an inaccuracy in the statement ?

Due do?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

I see Mrs Quinn was trying to get Murphy to make a statement last nigh to say her son was not involved in criminality.

Poor woman left it to late I fear as with the blackout at 2 o clock today she will have served her usefulness to FF/FG/Irish media.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,668 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Feisar wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said for a quick IQ test before one votes?

the FF/Fg vote would be decimated if you did that

tipptom wrote: »
    I see Mrs Quinn was trying to get Murphy to make a statement last nigh to say her son was not involved in criminality.

Poor woman left it to late I fear as with the blackout at 2 o clock today she will have served her usefulness to FF/FG/Irish media.

I would think it a great idea for SF or whomever 'wins' to follow up with authorities regarding the case. Would be more helpful and genuine than using the woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I would think it a great idea for SF or whomever 'wins' to follow up with authorities regarding the case. Would be more helpful and genuine than using the woman.

Mary Lou told SO'R(I think) that both her and Murphy are going to see Breege Quinn and Murphy is writing to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Yurt! wrote: »
    Harris has obviously been promised another sinecure in Seanad Éireann if he put in a performance like that.

A world-class political meltdown. What a toolbox.

As much as I dread the possibility of a SF surge ( it's their Marxism rather than the IRA past which bothers me), Harris is a boll0x of epic proportions and in all likelihood added a few more seats to the shinner scorecard

Easily the country's worst columnist as he writes the same thing every week

1. Ulster protestants are amazing

2. Aristotle was a friend of mine

3. Sinn Fein are responsible for climate change and the poor form of Man utd

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    As much as I dread the possibility of a SF surge ( it's their Marxism rather than the IRA past which bothers me), Harris is a boll0x of epic proportions and in all likelihood added a few more seats to the shinner scorecard

wasnt it the workers party that were marxist? different organisation altogether

maccored wrote: »
    wasnt it the workers party that were marxist? different organisation altogether

Eoin o Broin is a Marxist, he's likely to be in the cabinet should SF join a coalition

Which programme did Harris feature on by the way?

Eoin o Broin is a Marxist, he's likely to be in the cabinet should SF join a coalition

AH I see

https://twitter.com/eobroin/status/810468176563752960?lang=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Which programme did Harris feature on by the way?

Ivan Yates on radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

McMurphy wrote: »
    Dafuq you going on about?

Try reading my post again, a little more slowly this time. Maybe save up the outrage for people who are actually disagreeing with you :rolleyes:

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Mary Lou told SO'R(I think) that both her and Murphy are going to see Breege Quinn and Murphy is writing to her.

Wow.
    Aren't they great!

bubblypop wrote: »
    Wow.
    Aren't they great!

They're not, but I suspect you have seen the last national headlines about Paul Quinn's murder till the next election cycle.
    Only Paul's family seem genuinely interested in justice for him( which I hope they get), for every other commentator both here and in the media it was a point scoring exercise. As it was with names of other victims at past elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

They're not, but I suspect you have seen the last national headlines about Paul Quinn's murder till the next election cycle.
    Only Paul's family seem genuinely interested in justice for him( which I hope they get), for every other commentator both here and in the media it was a point scoring exercise. As it was with names of other victims at past elections.

At the next election S F can raise the victims murdered by the other parties military wing.
    That will show em.

Edgware wrote: »
    At the next election S F can raise the victims murdered by the other parties military wing.
    That will show em.

Personally i'd rather the victims families get the justice they seek and the w**kers that seek to use their deaths for political gain f**k right off.

Personally i'd rather the victims families get the justice they seek and the w**kers that seek to use their deaths for political gain f**k right off.

What about the party and movement that shields murderers and rapists from justice though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Edgware wrote: »
    That will show em.

It will. Ask Nigel Dodds.

_109732553__83882095_johnfinucane.jpg

Different shade of shít, same smell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,202 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Should they be invited to.... and thats not likely.

Advertisement