Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoin Harris on Newstalk just now

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Different shade of shít, same smell.

True that.

State commentation for the tans though. Didn't fly, did it?

You can cling to that security blanket on Monday after FG are sent packing back to the opposition benches.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,078 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Ah right one can't condemn murder without being tarred as some sort of FG / Black & Tans apologist.

It's always nice to know who the reasonable people in a debate are.

An incredible and unprompted own goal by Flanagan, I'd say Leo could swing for him right now

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Ah right one can't condemn murder without being tarred as some sort of FG / Black & Tans apologist.

It's always nice to know who the reasonable people in a debate are.

An incredible and unprompted own goal by Flanagan, I'd say Leo could swing for him right now

I have no clue whether you are a fg voter/member, a "black and tan apologist" or even a member of ETA tbh.

Nor do I care - because I'm a reasonable person.

Was an own goal by Flanagan. I wholeheartedly agree with you on that one. Bit rich of him and his party pontificating about murderers in republican/British groups when his party evolved form one, and sought to officially honour another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

What about the party and movement that shields murderers and rapists from justice though?

What about my b*llox, you think the local community knows nothing. Why are they allowing killers/rapists to walk among them?
    10 people were involved in the murder of Paul Quinn, yet no one has gone to the authorities.

Surely voters want the people they vote for to be the people in charge?
    A vote for sinn fein is a wasted vote in that case. Do you want your TD to have to go to the army council of the IRA in secret to decide what they will do in the dail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

What about my b*llox, you think the local community knows nothing. Why are they allowing killers/rapists to walk among them?
    10 people were involved in the murder of Paul Quinn, yet no one has gone to the authorities.

What people need to ask themselves here is: why are SF so massively popular with the local community if what the victim exploiters say is true.

Your vote is secret, you can do what you want in the ballot box and the people of that community will probably deliver 2 seats to SF in the election tomorrow.

If we had decent journalists in this country they would be asking themselves 'why is Conor Murphy being elected, do the community know something the rest of us don't' and 'what was in those Gardai and PSNI reports that led Bertie Ahern to tell the Dáil the exact same thing as Conor Murphy said'.

The answers may not be what the Quinn family want to hear, but they would be the truth.

bubblypop wrote: »
    A vote for sinn fein is a wasted vote in that case. Do you want your TD to have to go to the army council of the IRA in secret to decide what they will do in the dail?

Yet no matter who you vote for ultimately seems to act in the interests of a small cabal. FF were linked to builders/developers, FG seems to beholden to the likes of D O'B . FF protected the banks the citizen was thrown to the wolves, FG carried on in the same manner.
    You may find this laughable but SF doesn't feature on my radar but I'm sick to death just seeing the alternate being voted in every cycle knowing neither FF or FG turely give a f**k about the public. It's a game to these parties.
    I have no interest in helping some pr*ck gain circa 1 million for being a nodding donkey for 5 years.

What people need to ask themselves here is: why are SF so massively popular with the local community if what the victim exploiters say is true.

Your vote is secret, you can do what you want in the ballot box and the people of that community will probably deliver 2 seats to SF in the election tomorrow.

If we had decent journalists in this country they would be asking themselves 'why is Conor Murphy being elected, do the community know something the rest of us don't' and 'what was in those Gardai and PSNI reports that led Bertie Ahern to tell the Dáil the exact same thing as Conor Murphy said'.

The answers may not be what the Quinn family want to hear, but they would be the truth.

You know what I had a long reply typed out but deleted it, I will just say this I hope to God ( if there is one) that Paul's family gets peace and justice . I despise the manner in which victims have been used to push an agenda. Next week there will be no interest in Paul's killing and his family will still be seeking justice

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

almostover wrote: »
    The Black and Tans did not become part of the RIC until the 1920s.

I hold the RIC regulars in more contempt that the B&T's. The B&T's were essentially foreign mercenaries - the RIC were acting against their own people.

Quite weird how people say 'ordinary decent' RIC men and 'evil' Black and Tans - the RIC were the eyes and ears of the British crown forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

bubblypop wrote: »

Yeah but that’s just a load of nonsense isn’t it? The IRA is gone and no longer exists as a political agent in Ireland. You’re just parroting increasingly-desperate smears and fantasy accusations you’ve picked up off FF and FG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

FTA69 wrote: »
    Yeah but that’s just a load of nonsense isn’t it? The IRA is gone and no longer exists as a political agent in Ireland. You’re just parroting increasingly-desperate smears and fantasy accusations you’ve picked up off FF and FG.

Conor Murphy himself explained this week that he went to the IRA to seek assurances about Paul Quinn.

How did he do this if they no longer exist? Did he use a seance?

Yeah but that’s just a load of nonsense isn’t it? The IRA is gone and no longer exists as a political agent in Ireland..

No it's not

• Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Deep seated tradition of not going to the police in that part of the world

People know who tortured Mr lunney in fermanagh as well

The IRA are no longer active but plenty of their former soldiers have been unable to say goodbye to violence, a cosa nostra culture exists along the border, in all likelihood the SF leadership can't do much about it but Conor murphy indulged them with his words

Ivan Yates on radio.

Not on the list of podcasts

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Not on the list of podcasts

It's here > skip to about 20mins in and listen to a complete and utter lunatic.

I’m listening to THE HARD SHOULDER from 06 February on Newstalk. https://www.goloudnow.com/sho-83?station_app=newstalk

A truly incredible piece of bias in the part of NT, there's 20 odd mins of Harris comparing SF to Hitler and the Nazis, lauding Micheál Martin as "a man incapable of lying" the next section was about Glasnevin cemetery, and the historian they wheeled on for that was insinuating that SF were behind the vandslism.

Then they had Michaél Martin himself on for a nice wee cosy chat with Yates where Michaél was given free rein to slate Leo and Mary Lou, pretty much unabated.

They didn't even try to disguise the levels of bias they were at.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,055 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

emo72 wrote: »
    in fairness the anti sf ****e has been dialed up to 100%.

I’m no sin Féin fancier but the anti sf ****e I s more anti democratic than sin fein

McMurphy wrote: »

I’m listening to THE HARD SHOULDER from 06 February on Newstalk. https://www.goloudnow.com/sho-83?station_app=newstalk

A truly incredible piece of bias in the part of NT, there's 20 odd mins of Harris comparing SF to Hitler and the Nazis, lauding Micheál Martin as "a man incapable of lying" the next section was about Glasnevin cemetery, and the historian they wheeled on for that was insinuating that SF were behind the vandslism.

Then they had Michaél Martin himself on for a nice wee cosy chat with Yates where Michaél was given free rein to slate Leo and Mary Lou, pretty much unabated.

im not going through all of those links , which day was he on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Poor Eoin. It must give him nightmares to know despite all his articles over the years Sinn Fein are now in this position. If Sinn Fein manage to form a coailition government the man will keel over. Luckily for him, i think there will be a couple of more elections to come.

im not going through all of those links , which day was he on ?

It's right there in the link description.
    I’m listening to THE HARD SHOULDER from 06 February on Newstalk.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Eoghan Harris, the gift that keeps on giving.

Yours, Mary Lou.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Deep seated tradition of not going to the police in that part of the world

People know who tortured Mr lunney in fermanagh as well

Mr Lunny knows who tortured him, whole a fair stinks

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Someone better check on Eoin today. Think he might be a bit ill...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

6 wrote: »

head exploding.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

He'll be in full spin, demanding recounts left right and centre and demanding Charlie Flanagan be the next pope.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,848 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Would love to hear Eoin's thoughts on the slippery Michael Martin today. He was commending him in that newstalk interview for ruling out a coalition with SF due to his own moral principles, but yesterday Martin in his interview seemed to have changed tack, he didn't categorically rule it out. I'd almost suspect Eoin defends Martin because they are both from Cork, and due to the fact FF made him a senator.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Two bitter lunatics!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

McMurphy wrote: »

Christ, that's unbelievable.

Nasty, foaming at the mouth and at the same time utterly cynical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Eoghan hasnt been right for a long, long time. Not the full shilling.

Advertisement