Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoin Harris on Newstalk just now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

It was a disgraceful interview. He accused Sinn Féin of ethnic cleansing, compared them to Hitler, said SF voters had blood on their hands etc., then extolled the virtues of Micheál Martin,saying the man couldn't tell a lie.

An absolute headbanger. How he was left dribble that bile over the airwaves on Newstalk on the eve of the moritorium was beyond a joke. Can see there being plenty of complaints after that interview. No impartiality whatsoever on Newstalk's part.

Thank you for this!
    You saved me having to type it!
    It was a disgraceful rant. He even invoked Godwins law.
    I wonder will SF lodge a complaint about it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

No impartiality whatsoever on Newstalk's part.
    Not much of a shock with Newstalk DC. They've always had a particular slant.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

dotsman wrote: »
    What tactics?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It was a disgraceful interview. He accused Sinn Féin of ethnic cleansing, compared them to Hitler, said SF voters had blood on their hands etc., then extolled the virtues of Micheál Martin,saying the man couldn't tell a lie.

An absolute headbanger. How he was left dribble that bile over the airwaves on Newstalk on the eve of the moritorium was beyond a joke. Can see there being plenty of complaints after that interview. No impartiality whatsoever on Newstalk's part.

Newstalk have "form" with regard to SF. Pat Kenny in particular. The best answer to them, and the "independent" news paper is to make sure you vote SF come Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

koutoubia wrote: »
    Thank you for this!
    You saved me having to type it!
    It was a disgraceful rant. He even invoked Godwins law.
    I wonder will SF lodge a complaint about it?

Half way through the interview, myself and my daughter were sitting open-mouthed in the car and I said I wouldn't be surprised if Sinn Féin sought legal advice about it. It was that mad!

The funny thing was Ivan Yates, who usually wouldn't let anyone get a word in, let him run his mouth with nary an interruption throughout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

The funny thing was Ivan Yates, who usually wouldn't let anyone get a word in, let him run his mouth with nary an interruption throughout.

Giving him plenty rope maybe

Half way through the interview, myself and my daughter were sitting open-mouthed in the car and I said I wouldn't be surprised if Sinn Féin sought legal advice about it. It was that mad!

Then the next segment that was about the defacing on the monument in Glasnevin cemetrey was turned into an anti SF rant as well.
    Normally, you said, Yatesy would be all mouthy but was strangely quiet on the two segments. Must have been under orders!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Did Harris give his opinion about FF/FG/Lab support for the US war machine using Ireland as a military base?

Did he give his opinion on those three parties support down the decades for the child rapists in the RC church?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

FFS at this stage SF are just Wannabe FF. They are more or less the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

It was one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Absolute total meltdown.

He started off talking about the leaders debates, saying they were pointless and all the audience get during them are soundbites and pointless gibberish
    Then at the end he goes off himself ranting and roaring about the 1972 film 'Cabaret' where there's some scene of some young lad sitting in the corner singing a song

flol

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Did Harris give his opinion about FF/FG/Lab support for the US war machine using Ireland as a military base?

Did he give his opinion on those three parties support down the decades for the child rapists in the RC church?

All the parties that actually have a hope of getting in have been responsible for terrible things, some more recently than others. It's about time SF got a turn to do f*ck all.

When I heard Harris going on about SF I thought ,as someone who was born in Bessboro, that FFG have no intention of taking action about the atrocities that took place there and in Tuam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Im giving my vote to independents and the greens, i won't vote for ff or fg because they're gone stale at this stage, i can't consciously vote sinn fein while they protect rapists paedophiles and murderers, memories are still too fresh for some

So has Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael.

Kenneally in Waterford was protected by the party for years. Noonan not wanting to know nor caring about abuse of children in foster care.

Seamus Healy will be getting my number 1. As a mark of respect having known the woman, Marese Skehan R.I.P will be getting my number 2 in this election.

koutoubia wrote: »
    When I heard Harris going on about SF I thought ,as someone who was born in Bessboro, that FFG have no intention of taking action about the atrocities that took place there and in Tuam.

FFFG desperate to have all the Magdalene gulags built over too.

The prison camps that they allowed the RC church to enslave and torture innocent women in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Still waters

So has Fianna Fáil and Fine Gael.

Kenneally in Waterford was protected by the party for years. Noonan not wanting to know nor caring about abuse of children in foster care.

Seamus Healy will be getting my number 1. As a mark of respect having known the woman, Marese Skehan R.I.P will be getting my number 2 in this election.

Agreed, they're all as bad as one another

Yates was an FG TD for twenty years. A leopard never changes its spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Harris is a total gobsh##e, once a member of Sinn fein, then the worker's party, loved Marxism now he hates it, thought John Hume was evil, advisor to Mary Robinson, John Bruton, David Trimble, hero worshipped Bertie Ahern, defended Cathal o Searcaigh, I doubt anyone takes him seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I think it has long been clear that Eoghan Harris is fairly unstable, given his frequent over the top commentary which he often later "regrets". His views have swung from one extreme to the other on many topics over the years; he seems to find it difficult to take a balanced view of anything. I can't understand how anyone would be swayed by his opinion one way or the other. As for surprise at his being allowed free rein to rant, well, it is Newstalk!

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I'm sure Harris could probably be done for hate speech, but his bile and rant is so entertaining it probably keeps him out of the clink. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Blaze420

greenpilot wrote: »
    Good God. Just heard Eoin Harris spitting venom about Sinn Fein. He has declared that anyone who votes for Sinn Fein is complicit in murder and will have blood on their hands.

I was undecided about who to vote for, but I do not like being lectured to in the manner in which he basically exploded on the radio. Thanks Eoin. I'm going to give SF a go. Let's see if they can Walk the Walk.

Voting for a disaster party to get a dig at the current government is beyond pathetic. Think carefully before you vote and not just “haha SF because **** FG/FF”. We will all be worse off if the majority think along those lines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Is there any particular reason why anyone would pay attention to what Eoin Harris says? Let alone choose their vote in what he says

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭SantaCruz

Are you really that fickle that someone on the radio expressing their opinion can influence you into voting the opposite??
    Let's hope Harris isn't on next week condeming Islamic State or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Is there any particular reason why anyone would pay attention to what Eoin Harris says? Let alone choose their vote in what he says

The public have had an onslaught of this stuff for several days.

Seriously, if you didn't hear Harris, he put the tin hat on it profoundly.
    Not surprised it would be the last straw for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Harris is not wrong in his statements about SF. I do wonder too what so many give Sf their votes. Admittingly a lot of their lot get elected on no 2 and no 3 preferences.

Dan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

He sounded like a madman on the radio , thought political analysts were supposed to be neutral ??

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Ferm001

Just read his wiki page, got my second good laugh of the day, wasn't happy with content of a live show he was to take part in, walked out, changed his mind and wanted the show re-recorded.
    If there was a Monster Raving Looney Party over here, he would be a prime candidate, and I would probably vote for him, would give some great entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭hurler32

Is it any wonder the Sunday Independents numbers are going down and down with a nutter like him writing for them .

Probably have RDE on tomorrow. Condemning SF while talking of her love for the British Empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Probably have RDE on tomorrow. Condemning SF while talking of her love for the British Empire.

Didn't Trimble get a barring order out against her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

hurler32 wrote: »
    Is it any wonder the Sunday Independents numbers are going down and down with a nutter like him writing for them .

And his ex missus was editor also, herself and Gavin Lambe Murphy used to pump out some drivel, back in the day.

Advertisement