Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eoin Harris on Newstalk just now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

smurgen wrote: »
    If you mention the victims of violent crimes enough I reckon people will forget about their crippling rents and hospital waiting lists.

But SF will make the rents, dole queues and hospital waiting lists worse too. Syriza all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,179 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

smurgen wrote: »
    If you mention the victims of violent crimes enough I reckon people will forget about their crippling rents and hospital waiting lists.

There is nothing they won't stoop to, to be perfectly honest. An eyeopener of a campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,449 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Remember folks, the likes of Dobbo, Yates, and Harris will pay higher taxes if SF get their way.

Don't expect these so-called journos and media commentators to be unbiased.

Imagine if the media focused in on Yates's FG past and Miriam O'Callaghan's FF family.

Might help voters see things more clearly.

There'd be uproar if a political debate here was moderated by a former PBP or SF TD.

Same rules don't apply to the establishment.

If you actually ever listen to Yates show you will realise he HATES Leo and FG.

Spends a lot of each programme slating them.

But yeah tax da rich and its a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Fine Gael are responsible for more deaths in this country than SF the last 4 years. The children's hospital is an absolute disgrace. There was a nursing freeze for health care professionals in 2019. I've seen people die directly as a lack of nurses/physics/OTs that FG were responsible for due to overspending on the children's hospital.

Don't forget FF tally. Over 500 deaths on their hands

https://www.thejournal.ie/suicide-recession-2-1994514-Mar2015/

. I've seen people die directly as a lack of nurses/physics/OTs that FG were responsible for due to overspending on the children's hospital.

Really? Could you give us some links to these?

• Advertisement

Fine Gael are responsible for more deaths in this country than SF the last 4 years. The children's hospital is an absolute disgrace. There was a nursing freeze for health care professionals in 2019. I've seen people die directly as a lack of nurses/physics/OTs that FG were responsible for due to overspending on the children's hospital.

Ridiculous.When losing the argument, resort to hyperbole.
    Bot Manual 1.1

There is nothing they won't stoop to, to be perfectly honest. An eyeopener of a campaign.

Who now?

bubblypop wrote: »
    Really? Could you give us some links to these?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/new-hse-staff-not-allowed-to-work-due-to-recruitment-ban-tds-claim-1.4073525%3fmode=amp

Unfortunately, I'm too busy actively looking after patients myself to do a systemic audit. Plus the data will not have been released for 2019 yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,660 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

To be fair, the man has form.

I would check out the Indo website regularly, and I'd say about 80% of his articles are about the republican movement or SF.

There is a woman journo on there who is the same as well. Her name escapes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

If you actually ever listen to Yates show you will realise he HATES Leo and FG.

Spends a lot of each programme slating them.

But yeah tax da rich and its a conspiracy.

So he'll be giving SF a higher preference than FG? :pac:

Not uncommon for someone who was in a political party to dislike the next generation, but when push comes to shove....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭almostover

Who's this mysterious group I'm purported to be a member of?

Equating the mismanagement of the healthcare system to the murders committed by the provisonal IRA is ludicrous.

You'd swear Simon Harris himself was sneaking around by night suffocating sick people as they lay on trolleys.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/oireachtas/new-hse-staff-not-allowed-to-work-due-to-recruitment-ban-tds-claim-1.4073525%3fmode=amp

Unfortunately, I'm too busy actively looking after patients myself to do a systemic audit. Plus the data will not have been released for 2019 yet.

That doesn't say anything about people dying because of FG.

Not too busy to be posting on boards though?

Patients seem in good hands.

Spoof.

Ridiculous.When losing the argument, resort to hyperbole.
    Bot Manual 1.1

It's not hyperbole. The over run of the children's hospital ate into the health budget. Hence why there was a hiring freeze. This led to reduced nurses/patient.

Here's a paper for you. Have a read and get back to me.

Not too busy to be posting on boards though?

Patients seem in good hands.

Spoof.

So health care professionals should work all hours of all days? Such a strawman argument. But that says more about your ability to comprehend data.

So health care professionals should work all hours of all days? Such a strawman argument. But that says more about your ability to comprehend data.

You just said you're too busy to produce evidence as youre looking after patients.

So you aren't currently looking after patients?

Which is it.

One of Bertie's boyos...

I stand aghast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭enricoh

I wouldn't vote Sinn Fein due to their economic policies but it's getting tedious every election someone getting wheeled out to cost them votes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Just listened to Eoin there. He speaks a lot of sense. Dont get the Michael love really, though nothing against him, and think he would be a decent Taoiseach. Leo is a pretty neat guy too though. The the IRA/SF issue, he is spot on. Really, anyone voting for SF needs their head examined.

bubblypop wrote: »
    That doesn't say anything about people dying because of FG.

It's about how hiring freezes in public healthcare lead to increased deaths due to lack of HCPs.

1: There was a hiring freeze in 2019 in the HSE for frontline staff.
    2: This has led directly to deaths due to reduced HCP numbers
    3: It's not possible to show the increased death rate as the statistics haven't been released yet.

It's about how hiring freezes in public healthcare lead to increased deaths due to lack of HCPs.

3: It's not possible to show the increased death rate as the statistics haven't been released yet.

You should check up on your patients or else you could end up been blamed on one dying and be all over the papers.

Come on, you're paid to look after your patients, not to be posting on boards..

That is equivalent to putting a bullet in someone's head is it ?

You just said you're too busy to produce evidence as youre looking after patients.

So you aren't currently looking after patients?

Which is it.

The statistics haven't been released yet. I was involved in the collection of this data through a mortality and morbidity committee so I have seen the figures for my specific hospital. I haven't correlated for all hospitals but there was an increase in hospital deaths that correlates with the hiring freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

Just listened to Eoin there. He speaks a lot of sense. Dont get the Michael love really, though nothing against him, and think he would be a decent Taoiseach. Leo is a pretty neat guy too though. The the IRA/SF issue, he is spot on. Really, anyone voting for SF needs their head examined.

This ^^

SF in full IRA mode here:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-51407812

That is equivalent to putting a bullet in someone's head is it ?

People end up dead in both situations. So from a statistical view. Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,807 ✭✭✭buried

Sure when they get into power they might fix the health system and we can all go get everything else examined too, TROL.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

People end up dead in both situations. So from a statistical view. Yes.

I think that sums up the rationale of SF/IRA supporters, and makes murder easy. To the majority of humanity, it is a repugnant attitude.

• Advertisement

You should check up on your patients or else you could end up been blamed on one dying and be all over the papers.

Come on, you're paid to look after your patients, not to be posting on boards..

I'll be back in the ****show that is the HSE in the morning doing my part to help patients.

Advertisement