Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Eoin Harris on Newstalk just now

Comments

I think that sums up the rationale of SF/IRA supporters, and makes murder easy. To the majority of humanity, it is a repugnant attitude.

How about systemic corruption?
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/opinion/figures-for-children-s-hospital-overrun-do-not-add-up-1.3759068%3fmode=amp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I'll be back in the ****show that is the HSE in the morning doing my part to help patients.

You said a few mins ago you're too busy looking after patients to put evidence up.

So you were lying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

That is equivalent to putting a bullet in someone's head is it ?

Which Nazi....sorry Sinn Féin representative running for office has done that?

I would hope such a person would be locked away for life, not canvassing the streets looking for votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

I think that sums up the rationale of SF/IRA supporters, and makes murder easy. To the majority of humanity, it is a repugnant attitude.

You can't murder for Ireland though you can and must kill for her. And of course the IRA have made mistakes.

You said a few mins ago you're too busy looking after patients to put evidence up.

So you were lying?

Did people actually think you can a systemic audit in like 5 mins?

Do you realise how long it takes to collate the data?

Would you like me to explain what a systemic audit is? Just to clear up your confusion. I wouldn't want to insult your intelligence though because it's pretty simple.

• Advertisement

I'm was going to vote for SF having been a lifelong FG voter. However, I was unimpressed with MLMcD on the debate so will be voting independent.

Did people actually think you can a systemic audit in like 5 mins?

Do you realise how long it takes to collate the data?

Would you like me to explain what a systemic audit is? Just to clear up your confusion. I wouldn't want to insult your intelligence though because it's pretty simple.

Haha uuuuhhhhh you're like sooooo intelligent like!!

And important.

I bow before you.

Haha uuuuhhhhh you're like sooooo intelligent like!!

And important.

I bow before you.

Seriously though, you do realise what a systemic audit is. Don't you? You understand why you couldn't do one in 5 mins? You accused me of lying so I just wanted to clear this up.

Seriously though, you do realise what a systemic audit is. Don't you? You understand why you couldn't do one in 5 mins? You accused me of lying so I just wanted to clear this up.

You said you were too busy at the moment actively looking after patients, then said you're actually in work tomorrow.

You were lying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,921 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

These threads and news headlines are hilarious. They know their beloved Fine Gael are going to lose their seats all throughout the country and are bringing stuff from the past hoping it’ll sway voters.

Health, housing, pensions, car and business insurance.

After 9 years, do you really expect these people affected by any of the above to change their minds on the 6th of February and vote Fine Gael? Their losses won’t be as bad as the polls are predicting, but they’ll still haemorrhage seats to FF/SF/Ind/Greens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,942 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Just listened to Eoin there. He speaks a lot of sense. Dont get the Michael love really, though nothing against him, and think he would be a decent Taoiseach. Leo is a pretty neat guy too though. The the IRA/SF issue, he is spot on. Really, anyone voting for SF needs their head examined.

Hi TROL, what do you think of all the blood on the hands of FF/FG/Labour supporters who allow Ireland to be used as a military base for the US slaughter of brown skinned people in the Middle East?

Do those victims not count?

Wrong coloured skin? Wrong religion?

Support for blood thirsty US-backed dictatorships too important? Support for Israel's decades long ethnic cleansing campaign take precedence over the lives of those innocent people?

You said you were too busy at the moment actively looking after patients, then said you're actually in work tomorrow.

You were lying.

You do realise that the word actively can have multiple meanings? I was using the word actively as "in a way that involves positive action" as in my actual job. I can't believe I have to explain words to people. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

almostover wrote: »
    Just remember it's not a coincidence that SF want rid of the SCC.

They want it reviewed, as do The Green Party. What's The Green Party's motives for wanting to get rid? Oh...human rights and stuff.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/greens-repeat-unity-message-despite-differences-on-abortion-and-courts-980171.html

"Mr Ryan said the party had long heeded the opinion of human rights organisations such as Amnesty International, which has criticised the court, which sits without a jury, and is used to prosecute suspected gangland members and terrorist paramilitaries."

“We should heed what Amnesty International and the Irish Council of Civil Liberties are saying and that we should remove the conditions that exist in that intimidation and then return to a jury-based system and trust our people to make those decisions.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Jaysus listened to Harris on that Podcast, he really has belittled the experience and suffering of the Jewish people and has shown his utter contempt for thousands of his fellow citizens. Why an idiot such as him is given a platform is mind boggling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Hi TROL, what do you think of all the blood on the hands of FF/FG/Labour supporters who allow Ireland to be used as a military base for the US slaughter of brown skinned people in the Middle East?

Do those victims not count?

Wrong coloured skin? Wrong religion?

Support for blood thirsty US-backed dictatorships too important? Support for Israel's decades long ethnic cleansing campaign take precedence over the lives of those innocent people?

Thanks for your interest in my views on such diverse topics. Happy to discuss them in threads on the topics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

enricoh wrote: »
    I wouldn't vote Sinn Fein due to their economic policies but it's getting tedious every election someone getting wheeled out to cost them votes.

But it will never be tedious for the victims families though, as their loved ones can never be brought back, so it's only right that every election another Republican skeleton is produced, if for no other reason than to let the youth know what went before in the name of Sinn Fein and the PIRA.

I'm sure at some point in the future the Shinners will get into power here (as my generation die off) the memories fade, & the 'baggage & bad memory free' youth take over & vote them into power .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

But it will never be tedious for the victims families though, as their loved ones can never be brought back, so it's only right that every election another Republican skeleton is produced, if for no other reason than to let the youth know what went before in the name of Sinn Fein and the PIRA.

I'm sure at some point in the future the Shinners will get into power here (as my generation die off) the memories fade, & the 'baggage free' youth take over .....

Earlier you couldn't even get the name of the victim right. Yet you profess to show concern. Still think he was Paul Murphy?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Oh dear, you've messed up there, check back and you'll see I did not get the victims name wrong.

You're defending Sinn Fein & the IRA, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

The statistics haven't been released yet. I was involved in the collection of this data through a mortality and morbidity committee so I have seen the figures for my specific hospital. I haven't correlated for all hospitals but there was an increase in hospital deaths that correlates with the hiring freeze.

Perhaps it's linked to global warming .
    I could put rise in global temperature on one axis, morbidity on another and say there's a correlation.

They want it reviewed, as do The Green Party. What's The Green Party's motives for wanting to get rid? Oh...human rights and stuff.

https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/greens-repeat-unity-message-despite-differences-on-abortion-and-courts-980171.html

"Mr Ryan said the party had long heeded the opinion of human rights organisations such as Amnesty International, which has criticised the court, which sits without a jury, and is used to prosecute suspected gangland members and terrorist paramilitaries."

“We should heed what Amnesty International and the Irish Council of Civil Liberties are saying and that we should remove the conditions that exist in that intimidation and then return to a jury-based system and trust our people to make those decisions.”

Are they all reviewing the district court then?
    You know, the one where there is only one judge?
    What about other European courts? They don't all have juries.

• Advertisement

Rodin wrote: »
    Perhaps it's linked to global warming .
    I could put rise in global temperature on one axis, morbidity on another and say there's a correlation.

Morbidity means diseased. I feel you meant mortality. But it's true that correlation does not necessarily mean causation. But is not easy to understand why less nurses/patient would lead to increased deaths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Some people just seem hell bent on moving on and accepting SF are now legitimate alternative to FFG. The past is exactly that. The ordinary person wants change at this stage. Most havent seen any recovery and we are still getting gouged.

The sad thing is Paul Quinns name will be nowhere to be seen on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I'm sure at some point in the future the Shinners will get into power here (as my generation die off) the memories fade, & the 'baggage & bad memory free' youth take over & vote them into power .....

All parties have their skeletons. FF have some still canvassing for them it seems.

https://twitter.com/mcgarrigle1/status/1225461608140431360?s=19

Morbidity means diseased. I feel you meant mortality.

You feel wrong.
    I like the word 'morbidity' so I chose to use it.

Rodin wrote: »
    You feel wrong.
    I like the word 'morbidity' so I chose to use it.

Whilst mortality and morbidity are intertwined to a certain extent. I'll give an example. Morbidity would be how many people suffer from COPD due to smoking. Mortality would be how many people die of COPD due to smoking. Hope this helps :)

What about FFG and the mother and baby homes? The Paedo priests and the colluding over the decades in selling irish babies to rich foreign people.

What about FF runing hundreds of thousands of lives by bailing out the banks? Countless suicides, families torn apart.

There is a massive smack of double standard around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Some people just seem hell bent on moving on and accepting SF are now legitimate alternative to FFG. The past is exactly that. The ordinary person wants change at this stage. Most havent seen any recovery and we are still getting gouged.

The sad thing is Paul Quinns name will be nowhere to be seen on Sunday.

Correct. No other party attempted to address the ordinary persons needs.

Sinn Fein are filling a gapping hole, right place, right time.

Whilst mortality and morbidity are intertwined to a certain extent. I'll give an example. Morbidity would be how many people suffer from COPD due to smoking. Mortality would be how many people die of COPD due to smoking. Hope this helps :)

I'm sorry you were under the impression that I needed the difference explained to me.
    I CHOSE to use the word "morbidity". I didn't mistakenly use it thinking it meant something else.

Perhaps, because you chose to use the COPD reference you could explain to this mere mortal the intricacies of V/Q perfusion ratios and sure just what exactly is the difference between haemoglobin and methemoglobin anyway ?

smurgen wrote: »
    All parties have their skeletons. FF have some still canvassing for them it seems.

https://twitter.com/mcgarrigle1/status/1225461608140431360?s=19

Im going to mail this to the indo and the journal. **** me if that was an SF canvass it would be leading the 6 o clock news.

• Advertisement

Correct. No other party attempted to address the ordinary persons needs.

Sinn Fein are filling a gapping hole, right place, right time.

FFG after being in power for a century are not capable of seeing ordinary peoples needs. A few years on the sidelines wouldnt do them any harm.

Advertisement