Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir not connecting line to house

• 06-02-2020 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭

Have been having an ongoing issue with Eir for over two months now.

Moved into a new build start of December and told in welcome pack that we are set up for broadband with Eir, Sky or Virgin and installation should be "quick and easy".

Eir had best offer so decide to go with them. Told on initial call that house isn't registered yet and will take 2-3 days and to call back if they don't get in touch.

Call that Friday and all details taken and engineer arranged for Wednesday. Come Wednesday and no show, after 40 mins get told the visit was cancelled and to contact open eir.

Next day after holding for 30+ mins get hung up on during transfer to a manager. Anither 30+ mins and then told our account was terminated, first we heard of this. Got through to a manager/supervisor and told I'd get a call back that day or tomorrow. Never did.

Tried online and they only said you'll get a call back within 7 days.

Called again early January and same thing, house isn't registered... etc. Will be a few days before blah blah blah.

Online no help when I follow up.

Call last week and a girl said she'll send off to open eir and gives me e-mail reference number to follow up and if I don't hear anything call back in a few days. Call back and it's still in progress.

Ring the Monday as not open on a Sunday, 1 hour and 14 mins on phone in total, part hold, part telling the person what they'll answer with in a few mins and then hung up on during a transfer after asking not to be put on hold.

Final ring and only told after someone looking through emails that:

Not available for set up, do not reschedule until network and bill are in place

Contacted developers and they assure me that the infrastructure is set up and they are not doing anything until more houses are moved into.

So at a complete impasse with Eir telling me they can't connect a line and the developers saying the line is there to be connected!

Can't get Sky in as they need the Eir connection and find Virgin Media prices far too expensive for their broadband.

That's the short version too! Have to look into other options which will prob just be along the lines of a dongle or something. Extremely frustrated with the whole experience, over two months in a new house without broadband is not good at all. In the Dublin 18 are so not like we're in the middle of nowhere.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

double post

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭limktime

L.S.F wrote: »
    Have been having an ongoing issue with Eir for over two months now.

Moved into a new build start of December and told in welcome pack that we are set up for broadband with Eir, Sky or Virgin and installation should be "quick and easy".

Eir had best offer so decide to go with them. Told on initial call that house isn't registered yet and will take 2-3 days and to call back if they don't get in touch.

Call that Friday and all details taken and engineer arranged for Wednesday. Come Wednesday and no show, after 40 mins get told the visit was cancelled and to contact open eir.

Next day after holding for 30+ mins get hung up on during transfer to a manager. Anither 30+ mins and then told our account was terminated, first we heard of this. Got through to a manager/supervisor and told I'd get a call back that day or tomorrow. Never did.

Tried online and they only said you'll get a call back within 7 days.

Called again early January and same thing, house isn't registered... etc. Will be a few days before blah blah blah.

Online no help when I follow up.

Call last week and a girl said she'll send off to open eir and gives me e-mail reference number to follow up and if I don't hear anything call back in a few days. Call back and it's still in progress.

Ring the Monday as not open on a Sunday, 1 hour and 14 mins on phone in total, part hold, part telling the person what they'll answer with in a few mins and then hung up on during a transfer after asking not to be put on hold.

Final ring and only told after someone looking through emails that:

Not available for set up, do not reschedule until network and bill are in place

Contacted developers and they assure me that the infrastructure is set up and they are not doing anything until more houses are moved into.

So at a complete impasse with Eir telling me they can't connect a line and the developers saying the line is there to be connected!

Can't get Sky in as they need the Eir connection and find Virgin Media prices far too expensive for their broadband.

That's the short version too! Have to look into other options which will prob just be along the lines of a dongle or something. Extremely frustrated with the whole experience, over two months in a new house without broadband is not good at all. In the Dublin 18 are so not like we're in the middle of nowhere.

Anyone else have similar experience?

Yep, unfortunately. In a new build in an estate since the end of 2018 and still not up and running. Was advised by estate agents/developer that Eir is available. It turns out what they meant was that the ducting was in place for OpenEir to run the fibre through.

After chasing any angle I could including TDs and OpenEir (back when they used to actually respond), fibre was run and DPs were put in place near the end of 2019 but it's still not switched on and I can't get any estimation of when it will from anywhere.

Probably not what you wanted to hear and hopefully you're not waiting as long as I have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭L.S.F

limktime wrote: »
    Yep, unfortunately. In a new build in an estate since the end of 2018 and still not up and running. Was advised by estate agents/developer that Eir is available. It turns out what they meant was that the ducting was in place for OpenEir to run the fibre through.

After chasing any angle I could including TDs and OpenEir (back when they used to actually respond), fibre was run and DPs were put in place near the end of 2019 but it's still not switched on and I can't get any estimation of when it will from anywhere.

Probably not what you wanted to hear and hopefully you're not waiting as long as I have been.

Yea figured I wouldn't of been the first in this situation unfortunately. Hope you've been sorted since and that I get up and running soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Contact sky! They can connect you. I've been messed about every month since August from eir to get connected to my home. Ridiculous service! From one department to the next, a date set every month and still not connected since August. Sky have just mentioned it can be installed in a week although I'll have to take the basic tv package to pay for the works involved in new poles etc.. 55 per month for tv plus internet

Advertisement