Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fertility blood tests

Options
  • 07-02-2020 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all the clinic have asked us to get a load of blood tests done before our first consultation and they are rather expensive to get them in the clinic so we are hoping some of you guys might be able to us find a cheaper alternative please? We have a medical card if that helps, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Guess_Who

I got a lot of my bloods done with my GP before the referral. The only ones I had done with the clinic were my AMH and my viral screening.

Perhaps check with your GP what they can do. The only thing is you’ll probably be waiting a bit longer for the results that you will with the clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Hi all the clinic have asked us to get a load of blood tests done before our first consultation and they are rather expensive to get them in the clinic so we are hoping some of you guys might be able to us find a cheaper alternative please? We have a medical card if that helps, thanks

I went to my GP but asked for an appointment with a nurse instead, so it cos €30 vs the €55 if the doctor did it. That was without a medical card though. As for the AMH that was cheaper at the clinic itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wewannababy

Cheers we spoke to our gp today and she is going to find out if we can get everything done there, she’s not sure about the AMH but fingers crossed. I had a vasectomy 2 years ago and my wife is 44 so probably wasting our time anyway!!

Advertisement