Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy step to a leftie goverment...

Options
  • 07-02-2020 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

Happy Friday... Just saw this on bookface. My Brain Hurts

If you're voting Sinn Féin on Saturday, that's good but it's also a problem! Sinn Féin are only running 42 candidates, so even if they are all elected they cannot form a government.

80 TD's are needed to form a government. Unless you also vote for other left candidates, Sinn Féin could end up in government with Fianna Fáil but as a junior partner which would mean FF would dominate.

On the other hand, People Before Profit are running 39 candidates so if they were all elected too, there's the magic 80+1 and bang we have a left government WITHOUT either of the draconian parties!

So, vote for what you actually want. Vote for the government you want. If you've a household with more than one voter, get half of them to vote SF1 and PBP2 and the other half to vote PBP1 and SF2. That way, we can wreck FF & FG while also ending up with a proper government that works for the people... i just got this of another page so copy and paste it folks because it make sense..LETS MAKE A CHANGE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Where do I send my paychecks?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The odds of SF and People Before Profit winning every one of their seats is

infinity / 1

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭nthclare

No way whatsoever would it be possible to have a leftie government, absolutely bonkers.

Most people are moderate going slightly right or slightly left.

There's no balance in having a far right or far left government.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Boggles wrote: »

infinity / 1

So you are telling me that there's a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 69,045 ✭✭✭✭L1011

PBP would not work with SF anyway. And are likely to get only one candidate elected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Anyone who thinks that Mary Lou plus 2 x PBP are taking three out of the four seats in Dublin Central is delusional. Zero chance of that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Lonesomerhodes

Why anyone vote for

PBP- pure bullshyt propaganda anyway?.

Brainwashed leftie party who refuse to debate anything or anyone!.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,340 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Boggles wrote: »

infinity / 1

Still greater than the odds of HRH Boyd-Barrett choosing to be anything other than the biggest fish in his little pond and going in as a junior partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭rob316

PBP in power? Every multinational in the country would get up and leave. They want to raise corporation tax to 25%. I'd leave too, we'd have about 50% unemployment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

sweetie wrote: »
    Where do I send my paychecks?

FFG headquarters, hitting the working poor with a FIFTY percent marginal rate of tax

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

82145408_10156736186762353_2741236436853325824_n.jpg?_nc_cat=100&_nc_ohc=QUTbacRtj1EAX_eeRgP&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=65e049bb7fdf6d5e1dff4c75f5a980f2&oe=5EC2D949

I dunno, PBP are in favour of relocating my sex organs. Its a tempting pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

see certain bits of SF proposals are madness, but I would agree with them in the context of this banana republic. If we have obscene welfare, then ending LPT (beneficial for many of those getting done the most on tax here) USC for low earners abolition, better than welfare increases!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,578 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This is not a place for canvassing for specific parties. Yes you can discuss their policies and in doing so express your own political persuasions. This thread is all about promoting one particular way to cast your votes rather than policies

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement