Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to replace eir f2000 router

• 07-02-2020 11:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Hi guys finally giving up on this crap eir f2000 modem and looking to replace with a good one that will last for few years. About €150 would be my spending money on one as it keeps dropping wifi. Was Googling last night but so many to choose from so was hoping ye guys would have any good recommendations.thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Hey, did you find a decent replacement? Looking to do the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Why not keep the router and get mesh wifi?

I picked up these (2 pack version) and they work a treat!

TP Link Decos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Vegeta wrote: »
    Hey, did you find a decent replacement? Looking to do the same

I did I bought a archer vr600 off ebay for £35 and works a treat. Great range and no dropouts and is plug and play. Couldn't believe how easy it is to set up and has its own tether app so u can set up from ur phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Why not keep the router and get mesh wifi?

I picked up these (2 pack version) and they work a treat!

TP Link Decos

That's the eventual plan but my experience with the F2000 is that it needs resetting quite often. So the plan right now is to replace it and then get a mesh network up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I did I bought a archer vr600 off ebay for £35 and works a treat. Great range and no dropouts and is plug and play. Couldn't believe how easy it is to set up and has its own tether app so u can set up from ur phone

Just to say thanks very much got one & works perfect with Eir & was **** simple set up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I'm looking to replace my F2000 with a fritzbox 7530, however these are not that easy to buy. I've had a look at amazon and apparently all the software could be in German language only according to some comments i've read.

Anyone knows a good place to get this modem from with the software in English and a UK/Ireland power plug included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Just to say thanks very much got one & works perfect with Eir & was **** simple set up.

Cool glad it worked. Simple straight setup and is a great modem. Tether app is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

Gonzo wrote: »
    I'm looking to replace my F2000 with a fritzbox 7530, however these are not that easy to buy. I've had a look at amazon and apparently all the software could be in German language only according to some comments i've read.

Anyone knows a good place to get this modem from with the software in English and a UK/Ireland power plug included?

Gonzo.

You can get the Fritzbox modems from either Airwire or Digiweb.

http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/siro

In the case of Digiweb contact their sales team on 1800285828.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

cunnijo wrote: »
    Gonzo.

You can get the Fritzbox modems from either Airwire or Digiweb.

http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/siro

In the case of Digiweb contact their sales team on 1800285828.

Yes we can sell these to both Digiweb and non Digiweb customers. We are also now offering the Fritz 3000 repeater https://digiweb.ie/product/fritz-3000-repeater/

Send us a PM if you'd like more details.

Advertisement