Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin City Council Rates

Options
  • 07-02-2020 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

So I just got the new rates for 2020 today.

An increase of 25%. Just like that, they can just increase the cost of running a business which is a joke.

I'm wondering if this has happened to most businesses in Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

CucaFace wrote: »

An increase of 25%. Just like that, they can just increase the cost of running a business which is a joke.

The aul "I herby DEMAND" letter.

Ours have stayed the same this year. As far as im concerned though DCC are a bunch of C***s when it comes to rates. Its pure extortion. They dont do any thing or provide any thing to businesses in the city. If your rent hasnt increased and isnt going to get onto them with proof. We used a company a few years ago to appeal an increase in rates and they got it reduced for us. The council have whacky ideas on the valuation of rental rates and building valuations in the city

Just out of curiosity what percentage of your rent are rates? Ours are 25% of the rent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

CucaFace wrote: »

Probably. They've been cutting the LPT by 15% almost every year since it came in!

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭CucaFace

neris wrote: »
    The aul "I herby DEMAND" letter.

Ours have stayed the same this year. As far as im concerned though DCC are a bunch of C***s when it comes to rates. Its pure extortion. They dont do any thing or provide any thing to businesses in the city. If your rent hasnt increased and isnt going to get onto them with proof. We used a company a few years ago to appeal an increase in rates and they got it reduced for us. The council have whacky ideas on the valuation of rental rates and building valuations in the city

Just out of curiosity what percentage of your rent are rates? Ours are 25% of the rent.

It was 20% the last 3 years and now this would drive it to 27%.

They do nothing at all for this money. I was just calling them yesterday to complain (again) about the fact they go weeks without cleaning my area in D1. The streets are filthy and its down to the DCC basically not bothering to clean most of it.

Thanks for your advice, I will contact someone to try and get these rates reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Think these were the guys used

https://www.bdmproperty.ie/

Advertisement