Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend a courier for shipment of IT equipment

Options
  • 07-02-2020 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I would be very grateful for any advice on how best to safely and securely ship IT equipment (a high spec laptop and external HDs) to the Far East.

The issue is I have bought and paid for the items and the plan was to bring directly but now that is no longer possible. I have all items (combined weight ~15 kg) still in the boxes but if anyone has any experience how best to go about the safe and secure transfer that would be great as I am very worried they might be damaged or lost en route.

Many thanks in advance for any comments or advice and greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

dhl - not sure how you get one to call out, but had laptop that needed returning, fella came with proper box foam cushion etc packed it. might cost few quid but probably only company id go with, or you can pack it yourself properly and ship it via an post insure correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Dudley Smith

scamalert wrote: »
    dhl - not sure how you get one to call out, but had laptop that needed returning, fella came with proper box foam cushion etc packed it. might cost few quid but probably only company id go with, or you can pack it yourself properly and ship it via an post insure correctly.

Sound, that's what I didn't know about if the courier supplied packaging and others have recommended DHL, too. I have also been told to take out the lithium battery for the flight as well. Many thanks again.

Advertisement