Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Think my POF account was hacked

• 07-02-2020 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

So, as the title says, I think my POF account was hacked. I went into the app today and had a load of messages. Before reading them, I noticed that my photos had all been deleted, and some details on my profile were changed, ie. first name, religion, job. I started reading the messages, and some referred to the changed first name, some had things like 'nice ass/body' etc. All of my original photos were just normal face ones, one or two full length, but absolutely no nudes or anything like that. So I was wondering why I was getting a lot of those types of messages all of a sudden. I scrolled down and saw a message from the POF team, an automated one I'd say, that said my photo was not approved.

I think it's likely I was hacked so? I've deleted my account - I suppose that that's all I can do? I'm just worried that my original photos were still up when the (potentially) nude one(s) was/were also up. And if there was no face in the nude one(s), then people will have thought that it was me. Absolutely cringing. It's a bit scary if my account was indeed hacked!

Advertisement