Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

council house alterations

Options
  • 07-02-2020 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

I am a tenant in a council house. I would like to reconfigure the bathroom and/or change bath to a shower; I am aware that you have to write a letter of request if want to make alterations to a council house. Does anyone know the criteria of changing a bath to a shower. Has anyone been through it? Did you get the decision you wanted?

If they don't allow, has anyone changed the bath, or put in a stand alone bath?

can you sign a waiver that you will reinstate how it was in case move out?

Really want to have nice walk in shower, but it doesn't need to be done, I just want it done?

All opinions valued. Thanks mil!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Which council are you with. DCC have an alterations request form. You need to request permission. An Engineer may go out and visit house and advise. If you are given all clear they request the person doing the works shows they are tax compliant/insured and that the works are to a certain standard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gilly_11 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am a tenant in a council house. I would like to reconfigure the bathroom and/or change bath to a shower; I am aware that you have to write a letter of request if want to make alterations to a council house. Does anyone know the criteria of changing a bath to a shower. Has anyone been through it? Did you get the decision you wanted?

If they don't allow, has anyone changed the bath, or put in a stand alone bath?

can you sign a waiver that you will reinstate how it was in case move out?

Really want to have nice walk in shower, but it doesn't need to be done, I just want it done?

All opinions valued. Thanks mil!

Easy process.
    You talk to the local area office about. They have a specific form that you fill in, or may even be a request in writing. The loan also inspector will call out and check a few things.

They agree/disagree.

I’ve been involved in a few here in Dublin, and those where for extensions and substantial alterations which all were passed ok.

Advertisement