Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting headphones repaired?

Options
  • 08-02-2020 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭

I have a pair of Bose QC15s which have suddenly stopped working.

They’re old and nowhere near modern tech, but I really like them.

Is there anywhere in Dublin that would be able to take a look at them and repair them for a reasonable cost or are they uneconomical to repair?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭kirving

Call into Bose if you're near Dundrum in Dublin.

Their aftersales is absolutely exceptional, and may give trade in on old/broken QC products.

I was at the counter the other day to get a price on trading in a broken product. While I was there, three different customers walked away absolutely delighted with the unexpected service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

bedlam wrote: »
    You could try seeking out a local Repair Cafe

Thanks. Unfortunately no leads, but a handy bookmark to have.
    Call into Bose if you're near Dundrum in Dublin.

Their aftersales is absolutely exceptional, and may give trade in on old/broken QC products.

I was at the counter the other day to get a price on trading in a broken product. While I was there, three different customers walked away absolutely delighted with the unexpected service.

Almost never out there, but will give them a call tomorrow & see if anything can be done. Appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Jan 15, 2020, 4:34pm EST:
    Bose plans to close its entire retail store footprint in North America, Europe, Japan, and Australia. The company announced the decision earlier today and pointed to the fact that its headphones, speakers, and other products “are increasingly purchased through e-commerce” as the reasoning. Hundreds of employees will be laid off as a result.

Not sure if they're still operating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

What's wrong with them? Is it a cable issue or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

AllForIt wrote: »
    What's wrong with them? Is it a cable issue or what?

No idea, just stopped working.

Outcome was I got onto Bose & they don't repair headphones, so they offered me a trade up of a pair of new (not refurbished) QC25s for €125.

Sent me a label & UPS picked up the QC15s last Tuesday. Expecting the new ones to be delivered next week some time. Have bought a BT adapter in anticipation :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement