Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2020 6 Nations - Ireland vs Wales match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

Can see the Scarlets influence in the Wales offloading in the tackles. Very dangerous when it works out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

lillielad wrote: »
    I honestly think we are playing some good rugby?

We are. Some stupid mistakes but some lovely rugby too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭This is it

Fantastic kick to touch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

C__MC wrote: »
    Boring Ireland

Far from boring today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,816 ✭✭✭✭bilston

I'm not sure that was the intention, but it was a bloody effective exit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Andrew Conway with a great kick.

What a kick from Conway, wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lillielad

Super kick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

Conway is playing well today. Johnny to me seems rusty still.

Did that not come off a Welsh player on it's way into touch?

• Advertisement

Masterful kick.

C__MC wrote: »
    Boring Ireland

Disagree, Ireland are playing some good stuff. Wales are more threatening with ball in hand but they always are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Surely that went forward off the hand in lineout?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Watch how Wales attack v us

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

Really enjoying this so far.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

That kick from Bigger suggests Wales have the wind in the first half, but then Larmour got a bit of air behind his return!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

I actually enjoyed that first half, .... Poite aside ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Ireland definitely the better team but Wales very much a threat.

Stander having another stormer, Henshaw and Larmour the other standouts for me.

Reasonable first half, it's a definite step up on last week, but Wales are a danger when they have possession in our half.

• Advertisement

Jennings was spot on there. Understand the ref is going to frustrate you at times but keep the head and keep playing good rugby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Hand bags at ht, they don’t like it up Em Cap Mannering, The joneses that is😉. I think Wales thought they only had to turn up to collect the points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Stander, Henshaw and Larmour having very good games so far. Should really be much further ahead though.

Some players answering some of the questions about them today. POM and Stander both good. Henshaw excellent at 13. Larmour looks the business at 15 and will just get better. Murray not bad and Sexton is back to being excellent, terrible conversion aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Good game of rugby in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭A-Train

Decent 1st half from Ireland. A big step up in performance from last week. Wales look threatening when they have the ball in the Ireland 22.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Some players answering some of the questions about them today. POM and Stander both good. Henshaw excellent at 13. Larmour looks the business at 15 and will just get better. Murray not bad and Sexton is back to being excellent, terrible conversion aside.

Murray has been the better of the half backs imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

To be fair to Murray is passing us much crisper today. henshaw have a very strong game carrying. We need our back row and second row to carry stronger however to punch more holes

Not for me although Murray has been good too. Nice to be speaking about both of them being good though.

He’s been decent but he’s back to taking that half step before he passes to try generate power. He’s lacking that snap in his pass unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Repeat after me

Dear Lord

Please give me strength to control my frustration with the refereeing of Romain Poite,
    You know I try Lord, to recognise that the game I love is based upon a healthy and demonstrable respect of the officials and to accept their decisions with grace and humility at all times.....but come on, you’re taking the piss now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Decent. We'll be the happier side going in for the satsumas.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Henshaw has Tompkins number.

Numerous times its parkes coming across to rescue him... So some inside runners to crash and much quicker ball then to outside.

While we're happy going in at half time... The better rugby has been played by Wales.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

kilns wrote: »
    To be fair to Murray is passing us much crisper today. henshaw have a very strong game carrying. We need our back row and second row to carry stronger however to punch more holes

We are still badly lacking a ball carrier up front. Too many of our backline moves have been lateral. Henshaw has straightened up to get go forward a few times but its not enough. We have worked very hard for a 5 point lead.

If we can play at a higher tempo to get successive quick go forward rucks we can do damage.

Ireland look ok, still nothing too inspiring about their play. Wales look more impressive with ball in hand, offloads, fast hands etc.

Ireland will need to dominate territory and possession in the second half again to close this one out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

kilns wrote: »

We need to do better supporting those half breaks, the offload is there most of the time. It's one area we are consistently poor at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

AWJ pass was a mile forward for the Welsh try.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Better half from us this week, they are dangerous, need to keep the heads and focus and get the job done. Getting dark in Dublin now, hopefully rain hold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,558 ✭✭✭Ardillaun

Larmour’s was BOD-worthy, incredible balance and agility shown against a fair proportion of the Welsh team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭KaneToad

It certainly looked it but the TMO would have checked it...would have to assume he got it right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,621 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

We are looking good! Lots of mistakes though! But good intent. Polite is a hard ref to play. He's just all over the shop.
    Larmour has been good. Conway also.
    POM and Furlong really getting stuck in.
    Murray playing well.
    But we are at least playing good rugby. Can't wait to see Deegan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Stander the pick of the bunch again, he just never stops. Henshaw having a great one at 13 against his inexperienced opponent, some nice pops and you get the feeling if a player could be on his shoulder we'd make serious yardage.

POM doing his usual thing in the lineout and breakdown, Conway at 100% in everything he's doing. Larmour at 15, finally, a fullback who can attack!

Sexton needs to tone it down with Poite, the mood the Frenchman is in he'll only go and cost us pints. Poite has been atrocious.

I'd be kicking the leather off it this half for territory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

The one angle they showed it wasn't forward

Among many skills in his armoury, AWJ is good at getting his hands free of a tackle and making the pass. How many offloads did he rack up today?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭fitz

Basil3 wrote: »
    Ireland look ok, still nothing too inspiring about their play. Wales look more impressive with ball in hand, offloads, fast hands etc.

Ireland will need to dominate territory and possession in the second half again to close this one out.

I think the extra time Wales have had to settle in to their new systems is obvious, and the fact that they had Italy last week...
    They do look dangerous, but feel like we should be able to close this out.
    Would like to see Deegan in about 15 minutes to add another carrying option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    The one angle they showed it wasn't forward

Yeah I gotta agree with this. I have seen no angle so far that suggests to me it was definitively forward.

Lol most obvious knock on ever jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Why was Aki taken out of it there

We’re the underdogs here against a well organized outfit that got to the RWC semis and we’re doing well. I haven’t seen this much get up and go from the team in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,998 ✭✭✭leakyboots

mangobob wrote: »
    Yeah I gotta agree with this. I have seen no angle so far that suggests to me it was definitively forward.

Thought it maybe was worth a look though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Is that not a penalty there? Catching the ball in an offside position?

Advertisement